Tryouts launched for Igloo Lacrosse, Legacy Lacrosse & Many More Club Teams - Check Our Forums > Tryouts to see when other teams have touts!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/02/22 11:53 AM
Boys 2031-3rd Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/02/22 10:47 AM
Boys 2028-6th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/02/22 10:40 AM
Girls 2025-9th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/02/22 10:10 AM
Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 07/02/22 10:10 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,151
Posts341,336
Members2,463
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 91 1 2 3 4 5 6 90 91
Re: Girls 2023-11th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
Anonymous #345288 08/12/21 06:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
YJ always #1 in recruiting. Haters detest Carol. But college coaches always want her players. Read it and weep.

Not this year…talent just not there outside about 3 girls. CR even jokes about. She can’t wait for this group to pass through

hahaaha, you are a clown. they just won the biggest tourney of the summer going thru M&D black for the 5th straight time. Monster Purple who has never beat them and then they beat Jesters team that took down TG. The fact that some people think TG is the best is comical; why because US club computer rating says.....okay. when is the last time TG won a tourney??
YJ has more than 3 girls//// so forget about the 2 AA and the MC middie, then they still have a couple of great middies that will go big time and 2-3 other attackman, tall lefty who made UA 3x, plus a few very skilled defenders. The Commit list for YJ will be deeper and better than TG... we will see!

Honest question do you really care how deep your commit list is as long as your daughter gets into a good school?

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #345290 08/12/21 06:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ always #1 in recruiting. Haters detest Carol. But college coaches always want her players. Read it and weep.

Not this year…talent just not there outside about 3 girls. CR even jokes about. She can’t wait for this group to pass through

hahaaha, you are a clown. they just won the biggest tourney of the summer going thru M&D black for the 5th straight time. Monster Purple who has never beat them and then

they beat Jesters team that took down TG. The fact that some people think TG is the best is comical; why because US club computer rating says.....okay. when is the last time TG won a tourney??
YJ has more than 3 girls//// so forget about the 2 AA and the MC middie, then they still have a couple of great middies that will go big time and 2-3 other attackman, tall lefty who made UA 3x, plus a few very skilled defenders. The Commit list for YJ will be deeper and better than TG... we will see!

Lol, yes we will see. Sounds like you’re quite mad that TG is ranked higher, than YJ, and for that matter every other ‘23 team. There is a reason for that and nobody cares what you think. This summer was about playing for the coaches, and when YJ played TG it was clear who the coaches were watching. Do you remember that game? If not you should go watch it, maybe then you will realize why TG is ranked higher!

Email all the coaches on sept 2nd that didn’t call your daughter and say but we were ranked #1, i don’t get it.
they recruit players not. kids!! sorry your kid peaked in 5th grade. she was very good then, should have stayed with you PAL coach

He wasn’t that good as a pal coach.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #345291 08/12/21 06:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG loses girls every year from that team cause of the culture andrew brings....... they even lost another this year when its a recruiting year and next year the last. Her HS team was in the LIC and in fact won it. He benched her the whole weekend at LFTC with all those college coaches there. Say what you want about YJ, TG, Jesters, but we can all agree that one of the most disliked names in Long Island lacrosse starts with S and ends in H

I think all clubs lose girls for various reasons The girl who left was screwed, I agree with that. She is a very good player, and didn’t get the playing time she deserved in my opinion. AS tends to have his favorites that he will leave on the field even when they’re not doing anything. That said, this was a bad year to quit a team. What does that teach your daughter and show the coaches? My daughter has had these things happen to her both in HS and club and it taught her to be resilient and work harder. Gotta show the coach why you belong on the field! That said, It is sad how some girls get a free pass and others don’t.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #345296 08/12/21 07:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just when there was actually useful information being shared people like this resurface. Awesome.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #345297 08/12/21 07:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So the question I have. Are the TG girls getting recruited because the program is so good and they helped these girls reach their potential or would these girls been highly recruited regardless of team affiliation. My guess is 99% of them would have been highly recruited regardless of team. Your thoughts ?

I think that TG had great luck with this group of girls because of team culture. Many of the top girls on TG left other clubs to become a part of that program and it worked out pretty well for them. There is not really one superstar, but rather a group of girls that possess individual strengths that together help the team. They do not play selfish ball. That’s the difference. Many would stand out on other teams as well, but TG brings out the best in them. Although some aren’t fans of AS coaching, as he doesn’t play girls equally. It serves as motivation to work harder for playing time. Also helps that he has no kids on the team

No selfish play now that’s funny! Guess u have not watched tg play.
All their teams plays selfish

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
TheBackOfTheCage #345303 08/12/21 07:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG loses girls every year from that team cause of the culture andrew brings....... they even lost another this year when its a recruiting year and next year the last. Her HS team was in the LIC and in fact won it. He benched her the whole weekend at LFTC with all those college coaches there. Say what you want about YJ, TG, Jesters, but we can all agree that one of the most disliked names in Long Island lacrosse starts with S and ends in H

I think all clubs lose girls for various reasons The girl who left was screwed, I agree with that. She is a very good player, and didn’t get the playing time she deserved in my opinion. AS tends to have his favorites that he will leave on the field even when they’re not doing anything. That said, this was a bad year to quit a team. What does that teach your daughter and show the coaches? My daughter has had these things happen to her both in HS and club and it taught her to be resilient and work harder. Gotta show the coach why you belong on the field! That said, It is sad how some girls get a free pass and others don’t.

Same garbage on ALL the teams!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #345309 08/12/21 08:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I hear the work harder argument. That said this is not a
School team. It costs a lot of money and if you’re daughter is not get ample playing time at $4 or $5k a summer it’s fair to move on.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #345312 08/12/21 09:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

School team. It costs a lot of money and if you’re daughter is not get ample playing time at $4 or $5k a summer it’s fair to move on.

Agreed! And said girl now plays for Jesters and is getting the respect she deserves. A previous poster asked why TG didn’t win tournaments. Look at the girls he left in who should have been pulled and you’ll have your answer!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #345320 08/12/21 10:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed. You are the consumer. Not happy….another team will take your daughter and money. Don’t accept that garbage from AS. He is not a good person and not a good coach. The favorites who stay on the field buy their way on. That’s a fact of you know anyone of them. You did the right thing moving on. You never pay someone who upsets your daughter.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #345340 08/13/21 05:41 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed. You are the consumer. Not happy….another team will take your daughter and money. Don’t accept that garbage from AS. He is not a good person and not a good coach. The favorites who stay on the field buy their way on. That’s a fact of you know anyone of them. You did the right thing moving on. You never pay someone who upsets your daughter.

The guy should not be working with kids end of story. Everyone that plays for him knows he’s a loose cannon. He gets along with nobody. But keep telling yourself he’s the greatest n keeping paying him for wall ball.
😂

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #345348 08/13/21 07:42 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The guy should not be working with kids end of story. Everyone that plays for him knows he’s a loose cannon. He gets along with nobody. But keep telling yourself he’s the greatest n keeping paying him for wall ball.
😂

He must be doing something right. He runs the # 1 team in the country. Although I don’t always agree with his tactics. He’s no worse than any of the disaster daddy and mommy coaches who favor their kids. Or coaches like Legacy who rotate girls equally. Overall he has done a great job with my daughter. Shannon Smith has also been a huge help. Despite what others have said about her, she has never “pushed” Hofstra, and went out of her way to talk to coaches about my daughter. My daughter loves when she occasionally coaches the team.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #345355 08/13/21 08:37 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed! And said girl now plays for Jesters and is getting the respect she deserves. A previous poster asked why TG didn’t win tournaments. Look at the girls he left in who should have been pulled and you’ll have your answer!

By respect do you mean she's now a starter for the Jesters?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #345360 08/13/21 09:04 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

😂

He must be doing something right. He runs the # 1 team in the country. Although I don’t always agree with his tactics. He’s no worse than any of the disaster daddy and mommy coaches who favor their kids. Or coaches like Legacy who rotate girls equally. Overall he has done a great job with my daughter. Shannon Smith has also been a huge help. Despite what others have said about her, she has never “pushed” Hofstra, and went out of her way to talk to coaches about my daughter. My daughter loves when she occasionally coaches the team.

Rankings during the Covid year was a joke! What did they base these ranking on? Means nothing

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #345363 08/13/21 09:11 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

😂

Rankings during the Covid year was a joke! What did they base these ranking on? Means nothing

The rankings were based on a full summer tournament season with no restrictions. Why is it a joke? Is it because your daughters team didn’t do well? Will you be blaming the fact that your daughter gets no calls on Sept. 1 on Covid too? Sounds like this will turn into a joke that you will not be laughing at!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #345394 08/13/21 11:21 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

By respect do you mean she's now a starter for the Jesters?

You people are still talking about the jesters. They are a joke. They won’t be around in next couple years. No way should you have your daughter involved with them long term.

Like Reply Quote
Page 4 of 91 1 2 3 4 5 6 90 91
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard