BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 34 1 2 3 4 33 34
Re: Girls 2023-11th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG loses girls every year from that team cause of the culture andrew brings....... they even lost another this year when its a recruiting year and next year the last. Her HS team was in the LIC and in fact won it. He benched her the whole weekend at LFTC with all those college coaches there. Say what you want about YJ, TG, Jesters, but we can all agree that one of the most disliked names in Long Island lacrosse starts with S and ends in H

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]The Top Guns are the top ranked wanna be dads in the country. Mostly guys who rode the pine in HS. Live through your little girls. Losers.

Sounds like a Jesters dad who is sour that he has to watch the livestream of YJ, TG and Legacy play in The Elite 8[/quot

Schedule out yet for Elite 8??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ always #1 in recruiting. Haters detest Carol. But college coaches always want her players. Read it and weep.

Not this year…talent just not there outside about 3 girls. CR even jokes about. She can’t wait for this group to pass through

hahaaha, you are a clown. they just won the biggest tourney of the summer going thru M&D black for the 5th straight time. Monster Purple who has never beat them and then they beat Jesters team that took down TG. The fact that some people think TG is the best is comical; why because US club computer rating says.....okay. when is the last time TG won a tourney??
YJ has more than 3 girls//// so forget about the 2 AA and the MC middie, then they still have a couple of great middies that will go big time and 2-3 other attackman, tall lefty who made UA 3x, plus a few very skilled defenders. The Commit list for YJ will be deeper and better than TG... we will see!

Lol, yes we will see. Sounds like you’re quite mad that TG is ranked higher, than YJ, and for that matter every other ‘23 team. There is a reason for that and nobody cares what you think. This summer was about playing for the coaches, and when YJ played TG it was clear who the coaches were watching. Do you remember that game? If not you should go watch it, maybe then you will realize why TG is ranked higher!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ always #1 in recruiting. Haters detest Carol. But college coaches always want her players. Read it and weep.

Not this year…talent just not there outside about 3 girls. CR even jokes about. She can’t wait for this group to pass through

hahaaha, you are a clown. they just won the biggest tourney of the summer going thru M&D black for the 5th straight time. Monster Purple who has never beat them and then

they beat Jesters team that took down TG. The fact that some people think TG is the best is comical; why because US club computer rating says.....okay. when is the last time TG won a tourney??
YJ has more than 3 girls//// so forget about the 2 AA and the MC middie, then they still have a couple of great middies that will go big time and 2-3 other attackman, tall lefty who made UA 3x, plus a few very skilled defenders. The Commit list for YJ will be deeper and better than TG... we will see!

Lol, yes we will see. Sounds like you’re quite mad that TG is ranked higher, than YJ, and for that matter every other ‘23 team. There is a reason for that and nobody cares what you think. This summer was about playing for the coaches, and when YJ played TG it was clear who the coaches were watching. Do you remember that game? If not you should go watch it, maybe then you will realize why TG is ranked higher!

Email all the coaches on sept 2nd that didn’t call your daughter and say but we were ranked #1, i don’t get it.
they recruit players not. kids!! sorry your kid peaked in 5th grade. she was very good then, should have stayed with you PAL coach

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

hahaaha, you are a clown. they just won the biggest tourney of the summer going thru M&D black for the 5th straight time. Monster Purple who has never beat them and then

they beat Jesters team that took down TG. The fact that some people think TG is the best is comical; why because US club computer rating says.....okay. when is the last time TG won a tourney??

Email all the coaches on sept 2nd that didn’t call your daughter and say but we were ranked #1, i don’t get it.
they recruit players not. kids!! sorry your kid peaked in 5th grade. she was very good then, should have stayed with you PAL coach

Says the dad who hopes his daughter gets recruited because she plays for YJ, yet didn't do anything this summer. It hurt watching the TG vs YJ game didn't it? Unless you are the new coaches daughter, you're daughter is not that good, and you will find that out Sept 1. There is a reason YG is number one, and my daughter will have no shortage of phone calls on Sept. 1. The top girls already know who will be calling them. Guess you were left off that memo. Maybe it's not to late for some training? Let me know and I can see if my daughter has any slots left.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

hahaaha, you are a clown. they just won the biggest tourney of the summer going thru M&D black for the 5th straight time. Monster Purple who has never beat them and then they beat Jesters team that took down TG. The fact that some people think TG is the best is comical; why because US club computer rating says.....okay. when is the last time TG won a tourney??

Honest question do you really care how deep your commit list is as long as your daughter gets into a good school?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He wasn’t that good as a pal coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG loses girls every year from that team cause of the culture andrew brings....... they even lost another this year when its a recruiting year and next year the last. Her HS team was in the LIC and in fact won it. He benched her the whole weekend at LFTC with all those college coaches there. Say what you want about YJ, TG, Jesters, but we can all agree that one of the most disliked names in Long Island lacrosse starts with S and ends in H

I think all clubs lose girls for various reasons The girl who left was screwed, I agree with that. She is a very good player, and didn’t get the playing time she deserved in my opinion. AS tends to have his favorites that he will leave on the field even when they’re not doing anything. That said, this was a bad year to quit a team. What does that teach your daughter and show the coaches? My daughter has had these things happen to her both in HS and club and it taught her to be resilient and work harder. Gotta show the coach why you belong on the field! That said, It is sad how some girls get a free pass and others don’t.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just when there was actually useful information being shared people like this resurface. Awesome.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So the question I have. Are the TG girls getting recruited because the program is so good and they helped these girls reach their potential or would these girls been highly recruited regardless of team affiliation. My guess is 99% of them would have been highly recruited regardless of team. Your thoughts ?

I think that TG had great luck with this group of girls because of team culture. Many of the top girls on TG left other clubs to become a part of that program and it worked out pretty well for them. There is not really one superstar, but rather a group of girls that possess individual strengths that together help the team. They do not play selfish ball. That’s the difference. Many would stand out on other teams as well, but TG brings out the best in them. Although some aren’t fans of AS coaching, as he doesn’t play girls equally. It serves as motivation to work harder for playing time. Also helps that he has no kids on the team

No selfish play now that’s funny! Guess u have not watched tg play.
All their teams plays selfish

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think all clubs lose girls for various reasons The girl who left was screwed, I agree with that. She is a very good player, and didn’t get the playing time she deserved in my opinion. AS tends to have his favorites that he will leave on the field even when they’re not doing anything. That said, this was a bad year to quit a team. What does that teach your daughter and show the coaches? My daughter has had these things happen to her both in HS and club and it taught her to be resilient and work harder. Gotta show the coach why you belong on the field! That said, It is sad how some girls get a free pass and others don’t.

Same garbage on ALL the teams!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I hear the work harder argument. That said this is not a
School team. It costs a lot of money and if you’re daughter is not get ample playing time at $4 or $5k a summer it’s fair to move on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

School team. It costs a lot of money and if you’re daughter is not get ample playing time at $4 or $5k a summer it’s fair to move on.

Agreed! And said girl now plays for Jesters and is getting the respect she deserves. A previous poster asked why TG didn’t win tournaments. Look at the girls he left in who should have been pulled and you’ll have your answer!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed. You are the consumer. Not happy….another team will take your daughter and money. Don’t accept that garbage from AS. He is not a good person and not a good coach. The favorites who stay on the field buy their way on. That’s a fact of you know anyone of them. You did the right thing moving on. You never pay someone who upsets your daughter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed. You are the consumer. Not happy….another team will take your daughter and money. Don’t accept that garbage from AS. He is not a good person and not a good coach. The favorites who stay on the field buy their way on. That’s a fact of you know anyone of them. You did the right thing moving on. You never pay someone who upsets your daughter.

The guy should not be working with kids end of story. Everyone that plays for him knows he’s a loose cannon. He gets along with nobody. But keep telling yourself he’s the greatest n keeping paying him for wall ball.
😂

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The guy should not be working with kids end of story. Everyone that plays for him knows he’s a loose cannon. He gets along with nobody. But keep telling yourself he’s the greatest n keeping paying him for wall ball.
😂

He must be doing something right. He runs the # 1 team in the country. Although I don’t always agree with his tactics. He’s no worse than any of the disaster daddy and mommy coaches who favor their kids. Or coaches like Legacy who rotate girls equally. Overall he has done a great job with my daughter. Shannon Smith has also been a huge help. Despite what others have said about her, she has never “pushed” Hofstra, and went out of her way to talk to coaches about my daughter. My daughter loves when she occasionally coaches the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed! And said girl now plays for Jesters and is getting the respect she deserves. A previous poster asked why TG didn’t win tournaments. Look at the girls he left in who should have been pulled and you’ll have your answer!

By respect do you mean she's now a starter for the Jesters?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

😂

He must be doing something right. He runs the # 1 team in the country. Although I don’t always agree with his tactics. He’s no worse than any of the disaster daddy and mommy coaches who favor their kids. Or coaches like Legacy who rotate girls equally. Overall he has done a great job with my daughter. Shannon Smith has also been a huge help. Despite what others have said about her, she has never “pushed” Hofstra, and went out of her way to talk to coaches about my daughter. My daughter loves when she occasionally coaches the team.

Rankings during the Covid year was a joke! What did they base these ranking on? Means nothing

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

😂

Rankings during the Covid year was a joke! What did they base these ranking on? Means nothing

The rankings were based on a full summer tournament season with no restrictions. Why is it a joke? Is it because your daughters team didn’t do well? Will you be blaming the fact that your daughter gets no calls on Sept. 1 on Covid too? Sounds like this will turn into a joke that you will not be laughing at!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

By respect do you mean she's now a starter for the Jesters?

You people are still talking about the jesters. They are a joke. They won’t be around in next couple years. No way should you have your daughter involved with them long term.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fake news. Funny how the one's that pose the most threats get mentioned the most.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How can anyone say that Jesters is a joke? See that's where you show your a Top Gun parent cause your a jealous baby! THEY BEAT YOU! Deal with it! My daughter is a YJ player and every single year that Jester program gets better and better and that goes for every one of their teams so if i had a younger daughter that's probably where i would put her. Definetly NOT Top Gun THATS for sure!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
which player is that? Three different players scored in their 6-5 win that sent you home Top Gun parent......... I was watching after we beat M&D again!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters are a one player team. All the coaches are there to watch the former TG girl everyone else is just an afterthought. It’s tough for the other players and parents to accept but it’s a fact.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How can anyone say that Jesters is a joke? See that's where you show your a Top Gun parent cause your a jealous baby! THEY BEAT YOU! Deal with it! My daughter is a YJ player and every single year that Jester program gets better and better and that goes for every one of their teams so if i had a younger daughter that's probably where i would put her. Definetly NOT Top Gun THATS for sure!

Of course you wouldn’t want to play for Top Guns! You never beat them, and your daughter isn’t good enough to make the team. You do realize that the only reason that Jesters won that game was because of the TG girl who recently joined that team. Interesting that your daughter plays fir YJ but if you had a younger daughter she would play for Jesters? Guess you’ve been having a real great relationship with YJ! Lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Back to some recruiting questions. If your daughter is an excellent academic student and very good lacrosse player (starts and contributes every game on a top 10 team), how do do help her decide which type of school to go to. I’ve always been of the mindset that you go to the best academic school that wants you. However, Ivies can be extremely pricey if you don’t qualify for aid. On the other hand, other top ten schools like Stanford, Duke, Northwestern and Hopkins can give the athletic money which can be combined with other grants and scholarships. Also, most of the top schools probably wouldn’t compete for a National title, but in the big picture that might not be as important. UNC and BC are top 25 schools that could win a title, but those schools are not in the same league as Princeton and Stanford. Now obviously there needs to be offers, but I’m interested in others thoughts on this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What kind of offers are Ivy League schools able to give?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They only give need based aid. If your adjusted gross is 175K or less you will get good money. Once you get to 100K your kid basically gets a full ride. Hide that money now! What Ivies do is get your kid into a school they would not be likely to get into without lax. Even with a 4.0 and 1500 SAT

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG and YJ have 95% of the Elite talent on LI. Jesters now have 2 (legit ex-TG player and ball hog Daddy daughter), Legacy has excellent Goalie and decent middie/attacker.
YJ has 5 middies, 2 attack, goalie, 3 defenders. TG with goalie and 2-3 at each position.
ALL four LI top clubs, including Jesters, have another 4-8 players who are really Very good. On a National scale will be top notch at the teams they play on. Add a couple others and you have 50 LI recruits. 23 top level and about 27 really Very good level LI recruits. Very STONG ISLAND !!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG and YJ have 95% of the Elite talent on LI. Jesters now have 2 (legit ex-TG player and ball hog Daddy daughter), Legacy has excellent Goalie and decent middie/attacker.
YJ has 5 middies, 2 attack, goalie, 3 defenders. TG with goalie and 2-3 at each position.
ALL four LI top clubs, including Jesters, have another 4-8 players who are really Very good. On a National scale will be top notch at the teams they play on. Add a couple others and you have 50 LI recruits. 23 top level and about 27 really Very good level LI recruits. Very STONG ISLAND !!!

Well said! And many of you who are arguing about whose team beat who, have girls who are friends with each other, some of which will be recruited to the same college. In a couple years all of this will be irrelevant, and we will be laughing about this! Good luck to all the awesome young ladies from LI!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Back to some recruiting questions. If your daughter is an excellent academic student and very good lacrosse player (starts and contributes every game on a top 10 team), how do do help her decide which type of school to go to. I’ve always been of the mindset that you go to the best academic school that wants you. However, Ivies can be extremely pricey if you don’t qualify for aid. On the other hand, other top ten schools like Stanford, Duke, Northwestern and Hopkins can give the athletic money which can be combined with other grants and scholarships. Also, most of the top schools probably wouldn’t compete for a National title, but in the big picture that might not be as important. UNC and BC are top 25 schools that could win a title, but those schools are not in the same league as Princeton and Stanford. Now obviously there needs to be offers, but I’m interested in others thoughts on this.

I have several friends whose kids graduated over the past couple years from college and have started their first jobs in the field of business.

Cornell grad starting salary 103K

Maryland 65K

Virginia 75K

Penn State 76K

Penn 95K

Now, there are many factors that are involved, such as alumni connection, quality of company, location of company (NYC salaries higher) Job responsibilities, etc. And obviously this is a small sample of people I know personally. Bottom line, is that 4 years of college goes fast. Choosing a school that will get you a good paying job with advancement opportunities is so important. Just something to consider. This website gives you a general idea:

https://www.payscale.com/college-sa.../2?orderBy=schoolName&ascending=true

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They can get your daughter into school if the grades and test scores are good enough (they do not have to be good enough to get in on her own). Remember, all Ivy's are not created equal, some are more difficult to get into, some have better lacrosse programs Ivy's work off of an "academic index" they take into account GPA, Test scores etc... and they come up with a number "an index" The coach has to maintain a certain "Average Index" for the recruiting class. To simplify if the index is 1 - 10, the average index for the class must be lets say 5. The top recruit in the class could get away with an index of 1 as long as another recruit has an index of 10.

The grades/test scores that a player needs to get into an Ivy will depend on where the player falls on the Recruiting Scale... The coaches number one recruit does not need the same grades as the coaches number 8 recruit.

Safe bet.... 90 plus Unweighted GPA with honors and AP classes... 1200 plus SAT, 29-30 ACT.... depending on where the player stands on the coaches list should be okay. Some can get away with less, some will need better, some will need much better.

There is a minimum index number (not sure exact formula or numbers). If the coaches are willing to talk to you and your daughter after seeing transcript there is a good chance that the grades are acceptable. If they are not acceptable they may tell you if your daughter can improve her numbers they can work with her.

Ivy's have excellent Financial Aid, go to each schools website and put your numbers into the financial aid calculator, that will give you an Idea of the "net cost to attend". Not all Ivy's offer the same Aid, but at least in the past some schools would increase the aid for a recruit that they really wanted if that recruit could show that they were being offered more aid at another Ivy. Remember to look at how many kids you will have in college because it plays a big role in the amount of aid if any you will get.

If Ivy coaches are willing to talk to your daughter/you IMHO you should go through the process.

Do not shy away from the Ivy's until you know what it will actually cost to attend.

Make an informed decision.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They can get your daughter into school if the grades and test scores are good enough (they do not have to be good enough to get in on her own). Remember, all Ivy's are not created equal, some are more difficult to get into, some have better lacrosse programs Ivy's work off of an "academic index" they take into account GPA, Test scores etc... and they come up with a number "an index" The coach has to maintain a certain "Average Index" for the recruiting class. To simplify if the index is 1 - 10, the average index for the class must be lets say 5. The top recruit in the class could get away with an index of 1 as long as another recruit has an index of 10.

The grades/test scores that a player needs to get into an Ivy will depend on where the player falls on the Recruiting Scale... The coaches number one recruit does not need the same grades as the coaches number 8 recruit.

Safe bet.... 90 plus Unweighted GPA with honors and AP classes... 1200 plus SAT, 29-30 ACT.... depending on where the player stands on the coaches list should be okay. Some can get away with less, some will need better, some will need much better.

There is a minimum index number (not sure exact formula or numbers). If the coaches are willing to talk to you and your daughter after seeing transcript there is a good chance that the grades are acceptable. If they are not acceptable they may tell you if your daughter can improve her numbers they can work with her.

Ivy's have excellent Financial Aid, go to each schools website and put your numbers into the financial aid calculator, that will give you an Idea of the "net cost to attend". Not all Ivy's offer the same Aid, but at least in the past some schools would increase the aid for a recruit that they really wanted if that recruit could show that they were being offered more aid at another Ivy. Remember to look at how many kids you will have in college because it plays a big role in the amount of aid if any you will get.

If Ivy coaches are willing to talk to your daughter/you IMHO you should go through the process.

Do not shy away from the Ivy's until you know what it will actually cost to attend.

Excellent information!!! Thank you! Love when this forum is being used to help each other out! smile Great stuff.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with much of what you stated. I know many kids that play for an Ivy and are top recruits, including one of my own. A couple things I know. You need at least a 1300 SAT to attend. There may be isolated exceptions, but this is the minimum number they’re looking for at Penn, Yale, Princeton, Harvard. Not sure about the others. You can not generally negotiate the aid. You can try to squeeze out a little extra by submitting a hardship letter, but aid is strictly based on salary/assets/other dependent kids. If you gross more than 200k you are not likely to get very much. The calculator can give you a general idea of what you’ll get, but for us it was off quite a bit from what we actually got. These are schools that cost 80k to attend. Even if you get 50%, 40k is a big number to come up with. That said, lots of great opportunities arise with an Ivy League degree.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have several friends whose kids graduated over the past couple years from college and have started their first jobs in the field of business.

Cornell grad starting salary 103K

Maryland 65K

Virginia 75K

Penn State 76K

Penn 95K

Now, there are many factors that are involved, such as alumni connection, quality of company, location of company (NYC salaries higher) Job responsibilities, etc. And obviously this is a small sample of people I know personally. Bottom line, is that 4 years of college goes fast. Choosing a school that will get you a good paying job with advancement opportunities is so important. Just something to consider. This website gives you a general idea:

https://www.payscale.com/college-sa.../2?orderBy=schoolName&ascending=true

A lot of the schools listed below have Varsity Women's Lacrosse....

While I believe it's great for a kid to go to The Best school it is Best to go to Right (best fit) school.

Every kid is different and every school is different and every program is different. Help your sons and or daughters find the best fit.

-- "Below are some rankings of where some of the Major Players in Investment Banking, Consulting and Big Tech hire from "Target Schools". Just want to point out the opportunities Lacrosse can provide for our children. The rankings are primarily in order of "number undergraduate hires" from each school from 2014 - 2019.

Not knocking or touting any schools, just pointing out that Lacrosse can help get our children into many of the feeder schools that many companies recruit from.

Not every kid knows what career path they want to pursue so choosing a school that can open as many doors as possible is very important. In many cases, it will be the school "name recognition and or prestige" that will help get their foot in the door with an interview (lacrosse connections help as well).

Yes, I know there are a lot of great schools that are not on any of the lists....

Investment Banking: at the top firms (2014 - 2019)

1 - Penn
2 - NYU
3 - Michigan
4 - Harvard
5 - Georgetown
6 - Cornell
7 - Yale
8 - Columbia
9 - Notre Dame
10 - Princeton
11 - U of Chicago
12 - Cal - Berkeley
13 - Texas
14 - Duke
15 - Virginia
16 - Dartmouth
17 - BYU
18 - Vanderbilt
19 - Indiana
20 - Uni Southern Cal
21 - Northwestern
22 - Boston College
23 - Brown
25 - North Carolina
26 - Stanford
27 - UCLA
28 - Middlebury
29 - Penn State
30 - Emory

Consulting: at the top firms (2014 - 2020)

1 - Harvard
2 - Penn
3 - Michigan
4 - Yale
5 - Stanford
6 - Duke
7 - Princeton
8 - MIT
9 - Uni Cal Berkeley
10 - Northwestern
11 - Columbia
12 - Texas
13 - Virginia
14 - Dartmouth
15 - Notre Dame
16 - Vanderbilt
16 - Uni Chicago
18 - Brown
19 - Georgetown
20 - Georgia Tech
21 - Western University
22 - Mc Gill University
23 - Washington Uni St. Louis
24 - Queen's University
25 - BYU
26 - Rice
27 - Uni Southern California
28 - Cornell
29 - North Carolina
30 - Uni Illinois

Big Tech

1 University of California, Berkeley
2 Stanford University
3 Carnegie Mellon University
4 University of Southern California
5 The University of Texas at Austin
6 Georgia Institute of Technology
7 University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
8 San Jose State University
9 University of California, San Diego
10 Arizona State University
11 University of Michigan
12 University of California, Los Angeles
13 North Carolina State University
14 California Polytechnic State University - San Luis Obispo
15 Cornell University
16 University of Waterloo (Canada)
17 Texas A&M University
18 University of Washington
19 Purdue University
20 Massachusetts Institute of Technology
21 Santa Clara University
22 University of Phoenix
23 University of California, Santa Barbara
24 University of California, Davis
25 Penn State University

Here is some additional food for thought... Link to article at the bottom

These 30 Colleges get students Jobs through great professional partnerships. I think 18 of the these schools have a varsity women's lacrosse program.

1 - Michigan
2 - Penn State
3 - Stanford
4 - Harvard
5 - NYU
6 - Princeton
7 - University of Cal. Berkeley
8 - Penn
9 - MIT
10 - USC (California)
11 - Cornell
12 - Dartmouth
13 - Washington
14 - Texas A&M
15 - Yale
16 - Northeastern
17 - Purdue
18 - Carnegie Mellon University
19 - Georgia Tech
20 - UCLA
21 - Claremont McKenna College
22 - Arizona State
23 - California Institute of Technology
24 - University of Maryland
25 - North Carolina State
26 - University of Cal. San Diego
27 - Florida
28 - University of Cal. Davis
29 - Virginia Tech
30 - Embry Riddle Aeronautical

See link for article

https://www.bestvalueschools.com/colleges-professional-partnerships/ "

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A friends daughter graduated from Columbia 2 years ago she was a good player. His cost , with the financial package they received was in the mid 40’s. Family income was 150,000. There is a great deal of money available at the Ivy’s , if they’re interested it would be smart to at least listen to what they have to offer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds reasonable and about right. Just look at history. 20-25 LI players go to top tier programs each year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters are a one player team. All the coaches are there to watch the former TG girl everyone else is just an afterthought. It’s tough for the other players and parents to accept but it’s a fact.

We will see how many "afterthoughts" get recruited and play in college. Then you will look like the fool you (anonymously) are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A friends daughter graduated from Columbia 2 years ago she was a good player. His cost , with the financial package they received was in the mid 40’s. Family income was 150,000. There is a great deal of money available at the Ivy’s , if they’re interested it would be smart to at least listen to what they have to offer.

That’s great if your family income comes in at 150k or less. Otherwise your paying out your you know what! Who can live on LI for that and afford to play lacrosse unless you’re off the books??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with much of what you stated. I know many kids that play for an Ivy and are top recruits, including one of my own. A couple things I know. You need at least a 1300 SAT to attend. There may be isolated exceptions, but this is the minimum number they’re looking for at Penn, Yale, Princeton, Harvard. Not sure about the others. You can not generally negotiate the aid. You can try to squeeze out a little extra by submitting a hardship letter, but aid is strictly based on salary/assets/other dependent kids. If you gross more than 200k you are not likely to get very much. The calculator can give you a general idea of what you’ll get, but for us it was off quite a bit from what we actually got. These are schools that cost 80k to attend. Even if you get 50%, 40k is a big number to come up with. That said, lots of great opportunities arise with an Ivy League degree.

Some things to keep in mind when being recruited by "Ivy's"....

Do not paint with a broad brush, each Ivy is different... and so is each recruit.

Coaches treat each recruit differently.

Need based Aid is different for every school.

Admissions is different for every school and every player.

Some of the information in the post above is not accurate. 1300 SAT requirement is not accurate (it may have been what the persons daughter was required to score) but it is not a set standard.

Unless things have changed recently, some Ivy's (Brown for certain) would negotiate Financial Aid with top recruits if that recruit could prove that they were being offered a spot and more Financial Aid from another Ivy. (they need to do it in order to be competitive ).

Princeton is said to have the most generous financial aid. I just punched in $270K income in the Princeton aid calculator with $200,000 in investments, $100,000 in cash savings, living in NY, own home, Family of 5 with 3 kids in college:

Calculator estimated $51,910.... with 3 kids in college. $42,010 with 2 kids in college. $14,010 with 1 kid in college. (it pays to have multiple kids in college)

Punch your personal numbers in to each schools Financial Aid Calculator (I'm my experience the calculator at my oldest school was pretty close).

The Bottom Line is .... You will have to go through the process in order to find the right fit for your daughter (and financially for you).

Do not shy away from any school that is willing to offer your daughter a spot before you know "all of the facts" as they pertain to your specific situation. Some people will tell you the coach didn't offer my daughter a spot because she was not tall enough, some will tell you it was because she didn't score high enough on her SAT/ACT, others will say they didn't recruit her because they already took a player from her team/school, others will blame the club director etc...

Go through the process and do not be afraid to have your daughter Reach both athletically and academically .... let the coach tell you everything directly.

If your daughter has the grades to consider an Ivy, she is going to be just fine. Many schools will give a lot of academic money to get the high end students.

Good Luck to all, try to make this crazy process fun.

Page 2 of 34 1 2 3 4 33 34

Link Copied to Clipboard