Get it on Google Play
Get it on Google Play
4 Spots Left for the Boys UnD1sputed Showcase! | 1 Month Away from the Girls LI Showcase - Limited Spots Available!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous - 05/06/21 09:27 AM
Girls High School
by Anonymous - 05/06/21 09:24 AM
Boys High School
by Anonymous - 05/06/21 09:12 AM
Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 05/06/21 08:58 AM
New England Prep School Lacrosse
by Anonymous - 05/06/21 08:58 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics2,352
Posts290,106
Members2,285
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 193 of 193 1 2 191 192 193
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
Anonymous #328027 04/25/21 10:54 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CT 24 team will probably be
8-10 Eclipse
3-4 EN
3-4 PrimeTime
3-4 2Way

Not much else

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #328550 05/01/21 12:59 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay, let us now get some posts going on:
1. HS. Bville utterly destroyed JJ. Somers almost beat Pac. Pville racking up stats until they play tough comp. Pelham, Mamo, Scars all crushed weaker teams. Wish Ytown, Mmnk, Iona would play each other this season. How many underclassmen start at Stepinac?
2. How may HS are having modified seasons for 7/8? Seems better lax schools doing it but smaller or weaker schools skipping. Rich get richer. Can we change the name "modified" to anything else. Out of state family assume my kids are in special ed sports.
3. Does your town travel youth team have das coaches or hired guns?

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #328578 05/01/21 03:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has JJ ever lost to Scarsdale before?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #328608 05/02/21 10:07 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
1. HS. Bville utterly destroyed JJ. Somers almost beat Pac. Pville racking up stats until they play tough comp. Pelham, Mamo, Scars all crushed weaker teams. Wish Ytown, Mmnk, Iona would play each other this season. How many underclassmen start at Stepinac?
2. How may HS are having modified seasons for 7/8? Seems better lax schools doing it but smaller or weaker schools skipping. Rich get richer. Can we change the name "modified" to anything else. Out of state family assume my kids are in special ed sports.

Two years ago i spoke with a Katonah lifer, who played in college and coaches both youth and club, that hardly anyone with lax experience and has the ability to coach, is moving into the area. As a result, he said that JJ HS will be on a downward cycle.

For the other teams you mentioned, B'ville, Pville, Pel, Mamo, Scar & Y, well they all play Briarcliff and I have said before, watch out for B'cliff. They may be the new power house that has stability.

I'm in a weaker school district and we have modified. The varsity level is BAD and it should consider folding the Varsity level in the coming years and just allow the modified level to develop. Since my son is on modified, i know that Carmel, Haldane and Pawling had to drop the modified teams this season.

I agree that the term "modified" is strange. I just refer to it as the Middle School team and my friends outside the area say that's cool that we have a middle school team.

Our Rec town program still relies upon volunteer parents to teach, which has directly led to the slow death of the HS team. However, the HV league is almost there in making all youth coaches be USL certified, which will help raise the level of player development in the weaker towns.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #328837 05/04/21 08:51 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For the other teams you mentioned, B'ville, Pville, Pel, Mamo, Scar & Y, well they all play Briarcliff and I have said before, watch out for B'cliff. They may be the new power house that has stability.

Yup, Bcliff has a group of seniors an juniors who can really play. But then I think in future years will be in trouble with weaker pipeline. Byram also seems to be having consistent success across major sports and that means good athletes for lax too.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #328893 05/04/21 12:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yup, Bcliff has a group of seniors an juniors who can really play. But then I think in future years will be in trouble with weaker pipeline. Byram also seems to be having consistent success across major sports and that means good athletes for lax too.

Briarcliff v Yorktown May 21st 7:00 When the rubber meets the road.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #328926 05/04/21 02:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone always overhyping Yorktown. They are missing their best player and do not have the all around depth of these other teams, you will see very soon.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #328994 Yesterday at 06:39 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone always overhyping Yorktown. They are missing their best player and do not have the all around depth of these other teams, you will see very soon.

Let's be fair, Y deserves the hype! They have established themselves a long time ago and the continue to be the program that produces high caliber players. Are they the powerhouse that they once were, NO.

I'm excited for their season to begin and it will be a great test for them. Their Rye game (5/17) should be the first true test, imo. After that game we should have enough to gage them.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #329069 Yesterday at 12:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To bad Ytown and Mamo are not playing.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #329076 Yesterday at 01:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To bad Ytown and Mamo are not playing.

You are RIGHT! But they both have the following 5 teams (Pac, Somers, Rye, B'cliff & Jay).

Y finishes with B'xville and that could be for unofficial Sect 1 bragging rights.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Page 193 of 193 1 2 191 192 193
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard