Originally Posted by Anonymous
Having watched local lacrosse for about 15 years now (my youngest is graduating this year), I have 2 observations. (1) It is nice to see non-powerhouses becoming relevant and the "spreading of the wealth" is great for the game. However and maybe its just a down year but I don't feel the lacrosse does not looks very good this year and I feel the top teams of 3,4,5 years ago and especially older would absolutely destroy these top teams. I also feel this way about the top talent in general. it seemed like many more top D1 prospects were coming out of Westchester.

I agree that 3-4 years ago there was an insane run on talent in Section 1. Some of those teams (Westlake, JJ) will need miracle players to get back there. That could be just the cycle of things. But many top players bolted to preps, which brings up COVID. COVID really changed things. No surprise that programs like Rye, Mamo, Bville, etc. thriving as they do constant stuff from youth travel to winter leagues to summer leagues. Teams without that $, resources or strong foundation are making up for lost time. This season so fast and short, no time to improve much.