Get it on Google Play
Get it on Google Play
Less Than 1 Month Away from the Girls LI Showcase & Boys UnD1sputed Showcase! | Mid Atlantic Elite Showcase & New England Elite Showcase Just Released!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 05/16/21 09:15 PM
Boys 2025
by Anonymous - 05/16/21 09:12 PM
Greater Howard Club Lacrosse Conference (HoCo)
by Anonymous - 05/16/21 09:11 PM
Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 05/16/21 08:59 PM
Girls High School
by Anonymous - 05/16/21 08:53 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics2,365
Posts291,379
Members2,288
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 192 of 196 1 2 190 191 192 193 194 195 196
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
Anonymous #327015 04/15/21 10:34 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Anyone know how the Westchester players did at Nike Nationals up in Albany ?

Unfortunately, no way to know until rosters came out bc I believe some of the top kids could not make it bc of prep school and inability to leave but I am speculating.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #327248 04/17/21 12:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unfortunately, no way to know until rosters came out bc I believe some of the top kids could not make it bc of prep school and inability to leave but I am speculating.

I hope this is the reason for the lackluster play. Seemed to be average play at best and the elite boys in the age group didn't seem to be present. As yes I am saying this as the mother of a good but not elite lacrosse player who tried out.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #327276 04/18/21 09:30 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Like all those things, it has tons of behind-the-scenes politics. 1- whoever coaches the teams pulls in their guys and guys from their region, 2- connected HS coaches influence decision, 3- at this age, reputation starts to matter so guys chosen based on name. Half this team they end up choosing wont have attended evals.

I hope this is the reason for the lackluster play. Seemed to be average play at best and the elite boys in the age group didn't seem to be present. As yes I am saying this as the mother of a good but not elite lacrosse player who tried out.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #327438 04/19/21 04:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Like all those things, it has tons of behind-the-scenes politics. 1- whoever coaches the teams pulls in their guys and guys from their region, 2- connected HS coaches influence decision, 3- at this age, reputation starts to matter so guys chosen based on name. Half this team they end up choosing wont have attended evals.

Rosters anyone? Is it all Primetime?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #327478 04/19/21 10:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
50% pt. Remember. If you live in ct. you could not tryout for ny. Rosters are on the website

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #327529 04/20/21 10:58 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
50% pt. Remember. If you live in ct. you could not tryout for ny. Rosters are on the website

I thought this was exaggeration but the 2023 team has 11 PT members out of 22. and the 2024 team is 11/23.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #327556 04/20/21 01:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I thought this was exaggeration but the 2023 team has 11 PT members out of 22. and the 2024 team is 11/23.
Is it a far reach though to say they have the majority of the best players in NY? Preds 3-4 kids per age group and Express North 3-4 per age group is probably the right regional breakdown.

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #327587 04/20/21 07:46 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just looked at the roster and, boy, the 2022 team from NY is going to get SMOKED down in Baltimore. There are too many teams in LaxNationals. There should be 8-10 teams total.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #327598 04/20/21 10:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just looked at the roster and, boy, the 2022 team from NY is going to get SMOKED down in Baltimore. There are too many teams in LaxNationals. There should be 8-10 teams total.

Unfortunately, what you are seeing is probably going to be the case for most 2022's but especially NY. Many of the stars who have already committed play less lacrosse and want more personal summer time because as rising juniors they played all the time (even with COVID). Also I think it is what another poste noted -- the tryouts were pretty weak.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #327623 04/21/21 09:39 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unfortunately, what you are seeing is probably going to be the case for most 2022's but especially NY. Many of the stars who have already committed play less lacrosse and want more personal summer time because as rising juniors they played all the time (even with COVID). Also I think it is what another poste noted -- the tryouts were pretty weak.
It does show the hotbeds of lax are still LI and DMV. UA does it as CONNY. Does that make it more competitive? UA combines classes at 8th/9th.......more summer lax. NY should hope to pull Mid America to have a shot at a win.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
B_O_T_C #327634 04/21/21 11:14 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry, the 2022 NY and CT teams both got defeated this fall in LaxNationals too - it's nothing to do with committed kids playing less. There just isn't enough talent in these areas to field a great team. Granted it was a COVID year so the boarding schools couldn't make the event bc they weren't allowed to leave campus. If UA were run properly with better coaches it would still be the premier event of the summer, but Corrigan tries to make money out of it by not paying coaches. The girls' side does not have this problem.

Last edited by JesLax1; 04/21/21 11:18 AM.
Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #327670 04/21/21 02:36 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the only way these tryouts could ever possibly be fair or close to fair is if coaches from other regions picked the teams and even then , its questionable

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #327684 04/21/21 05:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the only way these tryouts could ever possibly be fair or close to fair is if coaches from other regions picked the teams and even then , its questionable
If it is about putting the best regional team on the field doesn't reputation and past performance (no indicator of future returns) factor in to the tryouts? At this point in the game, from 22-24, you know who the top players are. Will the CT team be all Eclipse and PT kids? Probably but arent those the best kids around?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #327922 04/24/21 05:13 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You folks are a funny!

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #327961 04/24/21 08:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So...Yorktown loses its best player and JJs best player decides to sit out. What happens next?

Like Reply Quote
Page 192 of 196 1 2 190 191 192 193 194 195 196
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard