Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How do you rank when no one has even had a practice yet? most "normal" years you can look at returning players for some estimates... This year's seniors last played HS school lax as Sophomores. Most current sophomores have never played in a HS game and a good portion of them haven't held a stick in almost a year even at the club level, some in almost 2. Winter league lax was devoid of most football and basketball players...

I do disagree with your statement that players haven't held a stick in almost a year (or 2). Club lacrosse did not shutdown in 2020.

While I do acknowledge that not all lax players play club ball, but, at least 25% of all section 1 lax players play club ball. Some communities it would be as high as 50% of the team that plays club lax.
I've seen Pelham, Larchmont and Briarcliff playing in a thriving winter HS league in Chelsea piers (CT). Briarcliff looks stacked too!

Also, I'm sure that the traditional programs like JJ, Lakeland, Somers, Mahopac and Yorktown are conducting winter practices.

I'm guessing that your son does play, but you guys are not from a lax town.

"I do disagree with your statement that players haven't held a stick in almost a year (or 2). Club lacrosse did not shutdown in 2020."
"at least 25% of all section 1 lax players play club ball. Some communities it would be as high as 50% of the team that plays club lax."

Re-Read.... especially the part that says "***a good portion***" 50%-75% by your own estimate is "a good portion"