Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Stop with the nonsense of Yorktown being so great. Reality is that last year they were worse than John Jay, Mamaroneck, and Rye. In the future, Rye, Mamaroneck and even teams like Bronxville will be better, with more young talent than Yorktown.
Yorktown has had the better players but has been out coached in recent years. Watch the last two Section finals, especially the most recent or just ask the JJ coaches, they will tell you. I am a long time Yorktown resident.

I agree with this sentiment and Rye and Mamaroneck should be dominant this year. The traditional powerhouses just don't have the same talent anymore. I cant speak for Yorktown but if you look at John Jay for years they were sending 5-10 kids a year to D1 and top D2 and D3 programs yearly. Last year they had one D1 commit and this year they have a one D1 commit as well. The 2022 class has zero commits to date. Eventually I am sure they will have a commit or two but the bottom line is in years past they has many players go on to top schools. Maybe its a temporary blip but times are a changing and the traditional powerhouses will be relying more on coaching if they don't have the talent..