Get it on Google Play
Get it on Google Play
Less Than 1 Month Away from the Girls LI Showcase & Boys UnD1sputed Showcase! | Mid Atlantic Elite Showcase & New England Elite Showcase Just Released!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous - 05/14/21 11:07 PM
Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 05/14/21 10:58 PM
Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 05/14/21 09:29 PM
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous - 05/14/21 09:23 PM
Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 05/14/21 09:19 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics2,366
Posts291,150
Members2,288
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 59 of 71 1 2 57 58 59 60 61 70 71
Re: 2020-2021 Women's College Lacrosse Season
Anonymous #326452 04/10/21 10:48 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Terms just announced that they will have at least two seniors come back for a 5th year in 2022..
What will this do the incoming recruits class? The 23’s?
Do you think CR tells certain seniors that she doesn’t have room for them as 5th yr?[/quote
*Terps

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #326455 04/10/21 11:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Terms just announced that they will have at least two seniors come back for a 5th year in 2022..
What will this do the incoming recruits class? The 23’s?
Do you think CR tells certain seniors that she doesn’t have room for them as 5th yr?

I assume you mean the Terps and Cathy Reese.. yesi expect the coaches will be forthright with all returning players.. either they will be continuing their scholarships or they won’t be.. I’m sure a 5th year would be welcomed back to the team but they may have to pay the full tuition to do so. Of course if the player in question is a stud.. the money will remain

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #326466 04/11/21 08:35 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do agree lots of talented players at UNC. But I think one big issue that will play a major role is loss of assistant coach KD. They had a very close game with NW, and were just going to tough part of schedule when season cancelled LY. Time will tell and what team put the work in during break will show in the big games.

Should be a fun season. Let’s hope it happens with few delays.

I agree 100 % ,I don’t believe UNC has ever won a national championship with KD not running the offense . I would say they are still the most talented team in the country as they essentially bring their whole team back and will be better in the midfield ( which was their weak spot last year) with the addition of Miller and the return of Hillman but coaching matters . Look for them to struggle when they go out to ND as for some reason they seem to struggle with the trips to NW and ND . Look out for Loyola as they are one of those teams that are well coached and tend to fly under the radar . Which of the top teams will get a lift from their freshman .

Why would you state: "Look for them to struggle when they go out to ND as for some reason they seem to struggle with the trips to NW and ND"? UNC's record vs Notre Dame is 8 - 1 and although UNC's record vs Northwestern is 11 - 11 UNC has won 9 of the last 10 games vs Northwestern. Not a lot of struggling going on vs ND and NU...

Well I guess they do struggle when they go out to the Midwest

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #326475 04/11/21 04:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to Maryland? They took some beat down from Penn State today!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #326493 04/11/21 08:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Last year Maryland fell off the cliff. This year the anvil landed on their head.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #326496 04/11/21 09:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do agree lots of talented players at UNC. But I think one big issue that will play a major role is loss of assistant coach KD. They had a very close game with NW, and were just going to tough part of schedule when season cancelled LY. Time will tell and what team put the work in during break will show in the big games.

I agree 100 % ,I don’t believe UNC has ever won a national championship with KD not running the offense . I would say they are still the most talented team in the country as they essentially bring their whole team back and will be better in the midfield ( which was their weak spot last year) with the addition of Miller and the return of Hillman but coaching matters . Look for them to struggle when they go out to ND as for some reason they seem to struggle with the trips to NW and ND . Look out for Loyola as they are one of those teams that are well coached and tend to fly under the radar . Which of the top teams will get a lift from their freshman .

Why would you state: "Look for them to struggle when they go out to ND as for some reason they seem to struggle with the trips to NW and ND"? UNC's record vs Notre Dame is 8 - 1 and although UNC's record vs Northwestern is 11 - 11 UNC has won 9 of the last 10 games vs Northwestern. Not a lot of struggling going on vs ND and NU...

Oh stop, even a broken clock is ...., no vested interest but this year ND is not even in the same class as UNC. If they play 10 games they blow them out in 8 and win all 10.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #326499 04/11/21 09:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Call it struggle but at the end of the day it’s a win... now it’s 9 -1 vs Notre Dame... too bad The Big 10 not playing ... would love to watch NU vs UNC...

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #326523 04/12/21 07:54 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Finally had chance to watch replay of game last night. The weather looked horrendous. ND played a very good game against UNC at both ends of field. However the opposite wasn’t true. I know UNC won draw controls but that was quickly equalized by ND goalie play especially in first half. Also UNC made soon costly errors in transition between the 30s that had nothing to do with ND pressure. Just sloppy play. Which in others game resulted in goals for them. It wasn’t a few turnovers but many by UNC-also in there offensive plays, just missing cutters with passes and dropping the balls whicj resulted in turnovers.

That game easily could have been a loss for UNC, but playing not your best(across the board) and winning is a good sign for them. However they better not play like that many more times in Upcoming tourneys. Less room for errors moving forward.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #326535 04/12/21 09:16 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Last year Maryland fell off the cliff. This year the anvil landed on their head.

Well, at least the jealousy is consistent on here... It really doesn't matter if people are carrying on about Under Armour Tryouts or selections, Inside Lacrosse HS player rankings, All-American Selections or College Players and Teams... There are always foolish individuals waiting for someone to fall... People with this mentality must really have a sad life. What happened? Did Maryland not recruit your daughter? Has Maryland beaten your daughters' team too many times? Or can you just not stand to see people strive for excellence and have success?

Last edited by JesLax1; 04/12/21 09:29 AM.
Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #326548 04/12/21 09:59 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well, at least the jealousy is consistent on here... It really doesn't matter if people are carrying on about Under Armour Tryouts or selections, Inside Lacrosse HS player rankings, All-American Selections or College Players and Teams... There are always foolish individuals waiting for someone to fall... People with this mentality must really have a sad life. What happened? Did Maryland not recruit your daughter? Has Maryland beaten your daughters' team too many times? Or can you just not stand to see people strive for excellence and have success?

Don’t be so bitter. You spent all your money sending your daughter to Maryland for the championship culture. Unfortunately MD is not striving for excellence or success this year. Has nothing to do with UA or IL. Or maybe it does...overrated recruits not producing.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #326554 04/12/21 10:26 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don’t be so bitter. You spent all your money sending your daughter to Maryland for the championship culture. Unfortunately MD is not striving for excellence or success this year. Has nothing to do with UA or IL. Or maybe it does...overrated recruits not producing.

Please, not bitter at all. Really, they are "not striving for excellence or success or excellence". Spoken like a non athlete as well as someone who lives in mediocray. Successful Programs, Teams, Athletes and people have ups and downs but they never stop striving for excellence. Others, wallow around waiting and hoping that the successful fall. What is the saying? Misery loves company... The difference between the successful and the mediocre is the successful don't stay down for long and they do not waste their time trying to tear down others in order to elevate themselves. Terps will be just fine.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #326568 04/12/21 11:45 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don’t be so bitter. You spent all your money sending your daughter to Maryland for the championship culture. Unfortunately MD is not d. ;; do striving for excellence or success this year. Has nothing to do with UA or IL. Or maybe it does...overrated recruits not producing.

They only brought up UA & IL to make the point that many on here are jealous of the success that others have... your post demonstrates the exact attitude that was being pointed out.

Your comments are typical of the comments made by people with the toxic attitude of individuals who resent the success of others.

As for “overrated recruits not producing” that’s funny... go look at the Top 10 - 15 Programs over the past 5 - 10 years. I am willing to bet they are the same programs that brought in the most “overrated recruits “ i.e. Under Armour All-Americans....
Direct correlation... the programs that consistently bring in the high end recruits are the programs that are consistently Top 10 - 20.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #326572 04/12/21 12:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't think it has anything to do with jealousy. MD currently doesn't belong on the pedestal that people put them on. I personally love to see "new" teams in the mix and it not always be about the "same old". IMO

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #326580 04/12/21 12:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't think it has anything to do with jealousy. MD currently doesn't belong on the pedestal that people put them on. I personally love to see "new" teams in the mix and it not always be about the "same old". IMO

Maryland put themselves on whatever pedestal they are on... The Terps a by far the most successful program in the history of women's lacrosse. Who are the new teams in the mix? With the exception of the Ivy's not competing it's pretty much the "same old".

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #326586 04/12/21 01:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maryland put themselves on whatever pedestal they are on... The Terps a by far the most successful program in the history of women's lacrosse. Who are the new teams in the mix? With the exception of the Ivy's not competing it's pretty much the "same old".

Until some new programs start winning the recruiting battle vs the “same old” we are not going to see any “new” teams in the mix.

Like Reply Quote
Page 59 of 71 1 2 57 58 59 60 61 70 71
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard