Get it on Google Play
Get it on Google Play Get it on App Store
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 04/16/21 09:20 PM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 04/16/21 08:59 PM
Boys 2026-7th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 04/16/21 08:58 PM
Boys High School
by Anonymous - 04/16/21 06:52 PM
Boys 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 04/16/21 05:30 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics2,334
Posts288,304
Members2,275
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE


FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 489 of 507 1 2 487 488 489 490 491 506 507
Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #322164 03/03/21 09:17 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
One never knows the truth so I did a little research because this topic is important for many reasons and one is NOT to bash Garden City. Numbers are numbers. It is true that lacrosse is spreading across long Island. As it appears for the Long Island Class of 2021 the D1 commits are spread out. Yes some surprise High schools have multiple D1 commits. Most are great academic and/or lacrosse colleges. Here is the list of high schools from Long Island with multiple players going on to play division 1 lacrosse for the class of 2021 (in alphabetical order and split Nassau/Suffolk):



MULTIPLE D1 COMMITS FOR THE CLASS OF 2021

NASSAU

Carey

Carle Place

Chaminade

Farmingdale

Kellenberg

Locust Valley

Manhasset

North Shore

Southside

Syosset


SUFFOLK

Bay Shore

Comsewogue

Harborfields

Huntington

Longwood

Mount Sinai

Shoreham- Wading River

Smithtown West

West Hampton Beach


Feel free to correct if there is an error.
INCORRECT. Just because FLG doesn't post a commit in their rag or TOP 1,000 list doesn't mean someone hasn't committed verbally or otherwise to playing D1 lacrosse. You missed a Nassau school who has 3 commits in the last 2 years with major colleges. Some researcher you are.

I think the list is for multiple D1 commits for 2021 only. Not 2 years combined. If that was the case the list would be even longer. Long Island Is still strong and getting stronger. It is great to see kids from all over the island competing at the D1 level.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #322178 03/03/21 11:30 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
One never knows the truth so I did a little research because this topic is important for many reasons and one is NOT to bash Garden City. Numbers are numbers. It is true that lacrosse is spreading across long Island. As it appears for the Long Island Class of 2021 the D1 commits are spread out. Yes some surprise High schools have multiple D1 commits. Most are great academic and/or lacrosse colleges. Here is the list of high schools from Long Island with multiple players going on to play division 1 lacrosse for the class of 2021 (in alphabetical order and split Nassau/Suffolk):



MULTIPLE D1 COMMITS FOR THE CLASS OF 2021

NASSAU

Carey

Carle Place

Chaminade

Farmingdale

Kellenberg

Locust Valley

Manhasset

North Shore

Southside

Syosset


SUFFOLK

Bay Shore

Comsewogue

Harborfields

Huntington

Longwood

Mount Sinai

Shoreham- Wading River

Smithtown West

West Hampton Beach


Feel free to correct if there is an error.
INCORRECT. Just because FLG doesn't post a commit in their rag or TOP 1,000 list doesn't mean someone hasn't committed verbally or otherwise to playing D1 lacrosse. You missed a Nassau school who has 3 commits in the last 2 years with major colleges. Some researcher you are.

I think the list is for multiple D1 commits for 2021 only. Not 2 years combined. If that was the case the list would be even longer. Long Island Is still strong and getting stronger. It is great to see kids from all over the island competing at the D1 level.

Not sure that I understand the point of all of this. Non Traditional Lacrosse High Schools have been putting out D-1 college players since the 70's and 80's. I guess the biggest difference now is the impact that "Club Teams" have had. Pre Club, second and even third tier players from Power House HS programs might get recruited over a stud from a non power HS program. Now, it does not mater what HS program the kid plays for, If they play on a Top club on the Top Team they will get recruited over just about all the players from the power house HS programs.

I will say, I agree with an earlier comment regarding the parents from the power house programs... Many believe that because their kid plays for a State Championship Team that he is a stronger player than kids at other programs. I have heard parents say "if Johnny played for so and so he would be a stud but here is on the 3rd midfield". The reality is that a stud is a stud. That said, a kid on the 3rd midfield at a power house would most likely be on the 2nd or even the 1st at a non traditional program but they would not be a stud. (Stud defined as the players who receive offers from several Top 10 caliber college programs).

Long Island Lacrosse has a lot more competition these days but the Top Players will still be recruited by the Top Programs.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
B_O_T_C #322180 03/03/21 11:48 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To be eligible for the 2021 National Team Development Program, individuals must be born before August 31, 2007.
U18: The player must be born on or between September 1, 2002 and August 31, 2004. (11th and 12th grade/ graduation years 2023 and 2022) 

U16: The player must be born on or between September 1, 2004 and August 31, 2007. (9th and 10th grade/ graduation years 2024 and 2025)
Its actually hysterical how USL has normalized holdbacks. In NY September 1, 2004 and August 31, 2007 is 2023 and 2024 graduation years.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #322183 03/03/21 12:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
One never knows the truth so I did a little research because this topic is important for many reasons and one is NOT to bash Garden City. Numbers are numbers. It is true that lacrosse is spreading across long Island. As it appears for the Long Island Class of 2021 the D1 commits are spread out. Yes some surprise High schools have multiple D1 commits. Most are great academic and/or lacrosse colleges. Here is the list of high schools from Long Island with multiple players going on to play division 1 lacrosse for the class of 2021 (in alphabetical order and split Nassau/Suffolk):



MULTIPLE D1 COMMITS FOR THE CLASS OF 2021

NASSAU

Carey

Carle Place

Chaminade

Farmingdale

Kellenberg

Locust Valley

Manhasset

North Shore

Southside

Syosset


SUFFOLK

Bay Shore

Comsewogue

Harborfields

Huntington

Longwood

Mount Sinai

Shoreham- Wading River

Smithtown West

West Hampton Beach


Feel free to correct if there is an error.
INCORRECT. Just because FLG doesn't post a commit in their rag or TOP 1,000 list doesn't mean someone hasn't committed verbally or otherwise to playing D1 lacrosse. You missed a Nassau school who has 3 commits in the last 2 years with major colleges. Some researcher you are.

I think the list is for multiple D1 commits for 2021 only. Not 2 years combined. If that was the case the list would be even longer. Long Island Is still strong and getting stronger. It is great to see kids from all over the island competing at the D1 level.

Not sure that I understand the point of all of this. Non Traditional Lacrosse High Schools have been putting out D-1 college players since the 70's and 80's. I guess the biggest difference now is the impact that "Club Teams" have had. Pre Club, second and even third tier players from Power House HS programs might get recruited over a stud from a non power HS program. Now, it does not mater what HS program the kid plays for, If they play on a Top club on the Top Team they will get recruited over just about all the players from the power house HS programs.

I will say, I agree with an earlier comment regarding the parents from the power house programs... Many believe that because their kid plays for a State Championship Team that he is a stronger player than kids at other programs. I have heard parents say "if Johnny played for so and so he would be a stud but here is on the 3rd midfield". The reality is that a stud is a stud. That said, a kid on the 3rd midfield at a power house would most likely be on the 2nd or even the 1st at a non traditional program but they would not be a stud. (Stud defined as the players who receive offers from several Top 10 caliber college programs).

Long Island Lacrosse has a lot more competition these days but the Top Players will still be recruited by the Top Programs.

Agree with everything you say and above comments.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #322219 03/03/21 05:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You forgot to add:

**If you are enrolled in college at the start of the 2021 fall college semester, even if under the age of 18, you are not eligible to participate.

So let this be a note to you 2021 seniors going to college, especially the recruited D1 players who want a chance to earn a spot on Team USA...either hold yourself back to try-out...OR...come to terms that US Lacrosse doesn't care about you.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #322325 03/05/21 12:06 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
One never knows the truth so I did a little research because this topic is important for many reasons and one is NOT to bash Garden City. Numbers are numbers. It is true that lacrosse is spreading across long Island. As it appears for the Long Island Class of 2021 the D1 commits are spread out. Yes some surprise High schools have multiple D1 commits. Most are great academic and/or lacrosse colleges. Here is the list of high schools from Long Island with multiple players going on to play division 1 lacrosse for the class of 2021 (in alphabetical order and split Nassau/Suffolk):

MULTIPLE D1 COMMITS FOR THE CLASS OF 2021

NASSAU

Carey

Carle Place

Chaminade

Farmingdale

Kellenberg

Locust Valley

Manhasset

North Shore

Southside

Syosset


SUFFOLK

Bay Shore

Comsewogue

Harborfields

Huntington

Longwood

Mount Sinai

Shoreham- Wading River

Smithtown West

West Hampton Beach


Feel free to correct if there is an error.

St. Anthony's doesn't have a D1 commit?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #322327 03/05/21 01:04 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]One never knows the truth so I did a little research because this topic is important for many reasons and one is NOT to bash Garden City. Numbers are numbers. It is true that lacrosse is spreading across long Island. As it appears for the Long Island Class of 2021 the D1 commits are spread out. Yes some surprise High schools have multiple D1 commits. Most are great academic and/or lacrosse colleges. Here is the list of high schools from Long Island with multiple players going on to play division 1 lacrosse for the class of 2021 (in alphabetical order and split Nassau/Suffolk):

MULTIPLE D1 COMMITS FOR THE CLASS OF 2021

NASSAU

Carey

Carle Place

Chaminade

Farmingdale

Kellenberg

Locust Valley

Manhasset

North Shore

Southside

Syosset


SUFFOLK

Bay Shore

Comsewogue

Harborfields

Huntington

Longwood

Mount Sinai

Shoreham- Wading River

Smithtown East

Smithtown West

St. Anthony's

West Hampton Beach


Feel free to correct if there is an error.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
B_O_T_C #322339 03/05/21 09:15 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are you people so fixated on the 2021 commits? You don’t think about the 2020 commits or the 2022 commits. Things change every year and every town at every school. Enough

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
B_O_T_C #322369 03/05/21 04:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious if D-1 commits translate to winning. Gues we’re about to find out.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #322375 03/05/21 06:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Curious if D-1 commits translate to winning. Gues we’re about to find out.

That was not said by anyone. Depth will keep the top teams on top. Some very good and deep HS teams out there. Won’t name them because people get offended way to easy.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #322377 03/05/21 07:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]One never knows the truth so I did a little research because this topic is important for many reasons and one is NOT to bash Garden City. Numbers are numbers. It is true that lacrosse is spreading across long Island. As it appears for the Long Island Class of 2021 the D1 commits are spread out. Yes some surprise High schools have multiple D1 commits. Most are great academic and/or lacrosse colleges. Here is the list of high schools from Long Island with multiple players going on to play division 1 lacrosse for the class of 2021 (in alphabetical order and split Nassau/Suffolk):

MULTIPLE D1 COMMITS FOR THE CLASS OF 2021

NASSAU

Carey

Carle Place

Chaminade

Farmingdale

Kellenberg

Locust Valley

Manhasset

North Shore

Southside

Syosset


SUFFOLK

Bay Shore

Comsewogue

Harborfields

Huntington

Longwood

Mount Sinai

Shoreham- Wading River

Smithtown East

Smithtown West

St. Anthony's

West Hampton Beach


Feel free to correct if there is an error.

Half of them will transfer in the first two years when they are my playing. A lot go to D2, that’s how the rope D2 schools recruit sometimes, by getting D1 transfers.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #322391 03/06/21 08:42 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Curious if D-1 commits translate to winning. Gues we’re about to find out.

That was not said by anyone. Depth will keep the top teams on top. Some very good and deep HS teams out there. Won’t name them because people get offended way to easy.

It’s how the whole thread on the subject was started!

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #322395 03/06/21 09:43 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]One never knows the truth so I did a little research because this topic is important for many reasons and one is NOT to bash Garden City. Numbers are numbers. It is true that lacrosse is spreading across long Island. As it appears for the Long Island Class of 2021 the D1 commits are spread out. Yes some surprise High schools have multiple D1 commits. Most are great academic and/or lacrosse colleges. Here is the list of high schools from Long Island with multiple players going on to play division 1 lacrosse for the class of 2021 (in alphabetical order and split Nassau/Suffolk):

MULTIPLE D1 COMMITS FOR THE CLASS OF 2021

NASSAU

Carey

Carle Place

Chaminade

Farmingdale

Kellenberg

Locust Valley

Manhasset

North Shore

Southside

Syosset


SUFFOLK

Bay Shore

Comsewogue

Harborfields

Huntington

Longwood

Mount Sinai

Shoreham- Wading River

Smithtown East

Smithtown West

St. Anthony's

West Hampton Beach


Feel free to correct if there is an error.

Half of them will transfer in the first two years when they are my playing. A lot go to D2, that’s how the rope D2 schools recruit sometimes, by getting D1 transfers.

What is your point?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #322463 03/07/21 12:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]One never knows the truth so I did a little research because this topic is important for many reasons and one is NOT to bash Garden City. Numbers are numbers. It is true that lacrosse is spreading across long Island. As it appears for the Long Island Class of 2021 the D1 commits are spread out. Yes some surprise High schools have multiple D1 commits. Most are great academic and/or lacrosse colleges. Here is the list of high schools from Long Island with multiple players going on to play division 1 lacrosse for the class of 2021 (in alphabetical order and split Nassau/Suffolk):

MULTIPLE D1 COMMITS FOR THE CLASS OF 2021

NASSAU

Carey

Carle Place

Chaminade

Farmingdale

Kellenberg

Locust Valley

Manhasset

North Shore

Southside

Syosset


SUFFOLK

Bay Shore

Comsewogue

Harborfields

Huntington

Longwood

Mount Sinai

Shoreham- Wading River

Smithtown East

Smithtown West

St. Anthony's

West Hampton Beach


Feel free to correct if there is an error.

Half of them will transfer in the first two years when they are my playing. A lot go to D2, that’s how the rope D2 schools recruit sometimes, by getting D1 transfers.

What is your point?

There is no point. There is no way of knowing if half or any will transfer. The bottom line is that people have to appreciate ANY 2021 who was able to make a division one program especially those that are the proper age and even more so any kid from a public school. The odds are stacked against those kids. No reason to assume half will transfer to a division two or three program. Congratulations to all the 2021 young men who will play lacrosse for any college.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #322479 03/07/21 04:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]One never knows the truth so I did a little research because this topic is important for many reasons and one is NOT to bash Garden City. Numbers are numbers. It is true that lacrosse is spreading across long Island. As it appears for the Long Island Class of 2021 the D1 commits are spread out. Yes some surprise High schools have multiple D1 commits. Most are great academic and/or lacrosse colleges. Here is the list of high schools from Long Island with multiple players going on to play division 1 lacrosse for the class of 2021 (in alphabetical order and split Nassau/Suffolk):

MULTIPLE D1 COMMITS FOR THE CLASS OF 2021

NASSAU

Carey

Carle Place

Chaminade

Farmingdale

Kellenberg

Locust Valley

Manhasset

North Shore

Southside

Syosset


SUFFOLK

Bay Shore

Comsewogue

Harborfields

Huntington

Longwood

Mount Sinai

Shoreham- Wading River

Smithtown East

Smithtown West

St. Anthony's

West Hampton Beach


Feel free to correct if there is an error.

Half of them will transfer in the first two years when they are my playing. A lot go to D2, that’s how the rope D2 schools recruit sometimes, by getting D1 transfers.

What is your point?

There is no point. There is no way of knowing if half or any will transfer. The bottom line is that people have to appreciate ANY 2021 who was able to make a division one program especially those that are the proper age and even more so any kid from a public school. The odds are stacked against those kids. No reason to assume half will transfer to a division two or three program. Congratulations to all the 2021 young men who will play lacrosse for any college.

Why even more so from "public school"?

Like Reply Quote
Page 489 of 507 1 2 487 488 489 490 491 506 507
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.4