BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 184 of 264 1 2 182 183 184 185 186 263 264
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
One never knows the truth so I did a little research because this topic is important for many reasons and one is NOT to bash Garden City. Numbers are numbers. It is true that lacrosse is spreading across long Island. As it appears for the Long Island Class of 2021 the D1 commits are spread out. Yes some surprise High schools have multiple D1 commits. Most are great academic and/or lacrosse colleges. Here is the list of high schools from Long Island with multiple players going on to play division 1 lacrosse for the class of 2021 (in alphabetical order and split Nassau/Suffolk):

MULTIPLE D1 COMMITS FOR THE CLASS OF 2021

NASSAU

Carey

Carle Place

Chaminade

Farmingdale

Kellenberg

Locust Valley

Manhasset

North Shore

Southside

Syosset

SUFFOLK

Bay Shore

Comsewogue

Harborfields

Huntington

Longwood

Mount Sinai

Shoreham- Wading River

Smithtown West

West Hampton Beach

Feel free to correct if there is an error.
INCORRECT. Just because FLG doesn't post a commit in their rag or TOP 1,000 list doesn't mean someone hasn't committed verbally or otherwise to playing D1 lacrosse. You missed a Nassau school who has 3 commits in the last 2 years with major colleges. Some researcher you are.

I think the list is for multiple D1 commits for 2021 only. Not 2 years combined. If that was the case the list would be even longer. Long Island Is still strong and getting stronger. It is great to see kids from all over the island competing at the D1 level.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One never knows the truth so I did a little research because this topic is important for many reasons and one is NOT to bash Garden City. Numbers are numbers. It is true that lacrosse is spreading across long Island. As it appears for the Long Island Class of 2021 the D1 commits are spread out. Yes some surprise High schools have multiple D1 commits. Most are great academic and/or lacrosse colleges. Here is the list of high schools from Long Island with multiple players going on to play division 1 lacrosse for the class of 2021 (in alphabetical order and split Nassau/Suffolk):

NASSAU

Carey

Carle Place

Chaminade

Farmingdale

Kellenberg

Locust Valley

Manhasset

North Shore

Southside

Syosset

SUFFOLK

Bay Shore

Comsewogue

Harborfields

Huntington

Longwood

Mount Sinai

Shoreham- Wading River

Smithtown West

West Hampton Beach

INCORRECT. Just because FLG doesn't post a commit in their rag or TOP 1,000 list doesn't mean someone hasn't committed verbally or otherwise to playing D1 lacrosse. You missed a Nassau school who has 3 commits in the last 2 years with major colleges. Some researcher you are.

I think the list is for multiple D1 commits for 2021 only. Not 2 years combined. If that was the case the list would be even longer. Long Island Is still strong and getting stronger. It is great to see kids from all over the island competing at the D1 level.

Not sure that I understand the point of all of this. Non Traditional Lacrosse High Schools have been putting out D-1 college players since the 70's and 80's. I guess the biggest difference now is the impact that "Club Teams" have had. Pre Club, second and even third tier players from Power House HS programs might get recruited over a stud from a non power HS program. Now, it does not mater what HS program the kid plays for, If they play on a Top club on the Top Team they will get recruited over just about all the players from the power house HS programs.

I will say, I agree with an earlier comment regarding the parents from the power house programs... Many believe that because their kid plays for a State Championship Team that he is a stronger player than kids at other programs. I have heard parents say "if Johnny played for so and so he would be a stud but here is on the 3rd midfield". The reality is that a stud is a stud. That said, a kid on the 3rd midfield at a power house would most likely be on the 2nd or even the 1st at a non traditional program but they would not be a stud. (Stud defined as the players who receive offers from several Top 10 caliber college programs).

Long Island Lacrosse has a lot more competition these days but the Top Players will still be recruited by the Top Programs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To be eligible for the 2021 National Team Development Program, individuals must be born before August 31, 2007.
U18: The player must be born on or between September 1, 2002 and August 31, 2004. (11th and 12th grade/ graduation years 2023 and 2022) 

U16: The player must be born on or between September 1, 2004 and August 31, 2007. (9th and 10th grade/ graduation years 2024 and 2025)
Its actually hysterical how USL has normalized holdbacks. In NY September 1, 2004 and August 31, 2007 is 2023 and 2024 graduation years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NASSAU

Carey

Carle Place

Chaminade

Farmingdale

Kellenberg

Locust Valley

Manhasset

North Shore

Southside

Syosset

SUFFOLK

Bay Shore

Comsewogue

Harborfields

Huntington

Longwood

Mount Sinai

Shoreham- Wading River

Smithtown West

West Hampton Beach

Not sure that I understand the point of all of this. Non Traditional Lacrosse High Schools have been putting out D-1 college players since the 70's and 80's. I guess the biggest difference now is the impact that "Club Teams" have had. Pre Club, second and even third tier players from Power House HS programs might get recruited over a stud from a non power HS program. Now, it does not mater what HS program the kid plays for, If they play on a Top club on the Top Team they will get recruited over just about all the players from the power house HS programs.

I will say, I agree with an earlier comment regarding the parents from the power house programs... Many believe that because their kid plays for a State Championship Team that he is a stronger player than kids at other programs. I have heard parents say "if Johnny played for so and so he would be a stud but here is on the 3rd midfield". The reality is that a stud is a stud. That said, a kid on the 3rd midfield at a power house would most likely be on the 2nd or even the 1st at a non traditional program but they would not be a stud. (Stud defined as the players who receive offers from several Top 10 caliber college programs).

Long Island Lacrosse has a lot more competition these days but the Top Players will still be recruited by the Top Programs.

Agree with everything you say and above comments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You forgot to add:

**If you are enrolled in college at the start of the 2021 fall college semester, even if under the age of 18, you are not eligible to participate.

So let this be a note to you 2021 seniors going to college, especially the recruited D1 players who want a chance to earn a spot on Team USA...either hold yourself back to try-out...OR...come to terms that US Lacrosse doesn't care about you.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NASSAU

Carey

Carle Place

Chaminade

Farmingdale

Kellenberg

Locust Valley

Manhasset

North Shore

Southside

Syosset

SUFFOLK

Bay Shore

Comsewogue

Harborfields

Huntington

Longwood

Mount Sinai

Shoreham- Wading River

Smithtown West

West Hampton Beach

St. Anthony's doesn't have a D1 commit?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]One never knows the truth so I did a little research because this topic is important for many reasons and one is NOT to bash Garden City. Numbers are numbers. It is true that lacrosse is spreading across long Island. As it appears for the Long Island Class of 2021 the D1 commits are spread out. Yes some surprise High schools have multiple D1 commits. Most are great academic and/or lacrosse colleges. Here is the list of high schools from Long Island with multiple players going on to play division 1 lacrosse for the class of 2021 (in alphabetical order and split Nassau/Suffolk):

NASSAU

Carey

Carle Place

Chaminade

Farmingdale

Kellenberg

Locust Valley

Manhasset

North Shore

Southside

Syosset

SUFFOLK

Bay Shore

Comsewogue

Harborfields

Huntington

Longwood

Mount Sinai

Shoreham- Wading River

Smithtown East

Smithtown West

St. Anthony's

West Hampton Beach

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are you people so fixated on the 2021 commits? You don’t think about the 2020 commits or the 2022 commits. Things change every year and every town at every school. Enough

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious if D-1 commits translate to winning. Gues we’re about to find out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That was not said by anyone. Depth will keep the top teams on top. Some very good and deep HS teams out there. Won’t name them because people get offended way to easy.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]One never knows the truth so I did a little research because this topic is important for many reasons and one is NOT to bash Garden City. Numbers are numbers. It is true that lacrosse is spreading across long Island. As it appears for the Long Island Class of 2021 the D1 commits are spread out. Yes some surprise High schools have multiple D1 commits. Most are great academic and/or lacrosse colleges. Here is the list of high schools from Long Island with multiple players going on to play division 1 lacrosse for the class of 2021 (in alphabetical order and split Nassau/Suffolk):

NASSAU

Carey

Carle Place

Chaminade

Farmingdale

Kellenberg

Locust Valley

Manhasset

North Shore

Southside

Syosset

SUFFOLK

Bay Shore

Comsewogue

Harborfields

Huntington

Longwood

Mount Sinai

Shoreham- Wading River

Smithtown East

Smithtown West

St. Anthony's

West Hampton Beach

Half of them will transfer in the first two years when they are my playing. A lot go to D2, that’s how the rope D2 schools recruit sometimes, by getting D1 transfers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That was not said by anyone. Depth will keep the top teams on top. Some very good and deep HS teams out there. Won’t name them because people get offended way to easy.

It’s how the whole thread on the subject was started!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NASSAU

Carey

Carle Place

Chaminade

Farmingdale

Kellenberg

Locust Valley

Manhasset

North Shore

Southside

Syosset

SUFFOLK

Bay Shore

Comsewogue

Harborfields

Huntington

Longwood

Mount Sinai

Shoreham- Wading River

Smithtown East

Smithtown West

St. Anthony's

West Hampton Beach

Half of them will transfer in the first two years when they are my playing. A lot go to D2, that’s how the rope D2 schools recruit sometimes, by getting D1 transfers.

What is your point?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NASSAU

Carey

Carle Place

Chaminade

Farmingdale

Kellenberg

Locust Valley

Manhasset

North Shore

Southside

Syosset

SUFFOLK

Bay Shore

Comsewogue

Harborfields

Huntington

Longwood

Mount Sinai

Shoreham- Wading River

Smithtown East

Smithtown West

St. Anthony's

West Hampton Beach

What is your point?

There is no point. There is no way of knowing if half or any will transfer. The bottom line is that people have to appreciate ANY 2021 who was able to make a division one program especially those that are the proper age and even more so any kid from a public school. The odds are stacked against those kids. No reason to assume half will transfer to a division two or three program. Congratulations to all the 2021 young men who will play lacrosse for any college.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NASSAU

Carey

Carle Place

Chaminade

Farmingdale

Kellenberg

Locust Valley

Manhasset

North Shore

Southside

Syosset

SUFFOLK

Bay Shore

Comsewogue

Harborfields

Huntington

Longwood

Mount Sinai

Shoreham- Wading River

Smithtown East

Smithtown West

St. Anthony's

West Hampton Beach

What is your point?

There is no point. There is no way of knowing if half or any will transfer. The bottom line is that people have to appreciate ANY 2021 who was able to make a division one program especially those that are the proper age and even more so any kid from a public school. The odds are stacked against those kids. No reason to assume half will transfer to a division two or three program. Congratulations to all the 2021 young men who will play lacrosse for any college.

Why even more so from "public school"?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's all thank the wisdom of the NCAA with their reaction to grant every kid in college the 5th year of eligibility and to every high school kid for the next 4-5 years until this decision cycles through. Most of the teams played up to 8 games and 4 scrimmages last year while the high schools (NY) did not even have a practice. All of the D1 schools are getting in on the act of graduate students or 5th-year seniors transferring in and knocking the roster players down a rung on the depth chart. The next time you watch a college game on television take a look at the roster and see if you feel the same about the players and the game in general. This is akin to how the Olympics used to be when the Russians were playing with pros against our college students, no different here. It was bad enough with the holdbacks and double holdbacks, the NCAA needed to crush nearly any chance of an on-age kid competing in D1 as a freshman or sophomore. Lacrosse is a great sport being ruined by US Lacrosse, the NCAA, and families that have the means to game the system through loose rules. All I can say is that I don't feel the same watching a bunch of men running around purporting to be college kids.

Last edited by JesLax1; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Totally agree 💯 %. An on age high school kid will not stand a chance in college lacrosse. Lacrosse has always been like the wild Wild West. No rules. Leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's all thank the wisdom of the NCAA with their reaction to grant every kid in college the 5th year of eligibility and to every high school kid for the next 4-5 years until this decision cycles through. Most of the teams played up to 8 games and 4 scrimmages last year while the high schools (NY) did not even have a practice. All of the D1 schools are getting in on the act of graduate students or 5th-year seniors transferring in and knocking the roster players down a rung on the depth chart. The next time you watch a college game on television take a look at the roster and see if you feel the same about the players and the game in general. This is akin to how the Olympics used to be when the Russians were playing with pros against our college students, no different here. It was bad enough with the holdbacks and double holdbacks, the NCAA needed to crush nearly any chance of an on-age kid competing in D1 as a freshman or sophomore. Lacrosse is a great sport being ruined by US Lacrosse, the NCAA, and families that have the means to game the system through loose rules. All I can say is that I don't feel the same watching a bunch of men running around purporting to be college kids.

Then don't watch it. Pretty sure they will be just fine without you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree, when I think of college aged kids, I think 18 to 23 year olds, not 21 year old Freshmen. College lacrosse does feel a little cheapened by having such old players. As for on age players at the high school and youth level, you will continue to see an onslaught of regrading from here on out, which in the end will only further the economic disparity in the sport. Not many parents can afford a 60k a year boarding school and not many parents can afford another year of college.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
College lacrosse needs all the viewers they can get, the sport cannot afford to lose any viewership.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To be real, no one really watches college lacrosse or any other college sport other than football and basketball.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To be real, no one really watches college lacrosse or any other college sport other than football and basketball.

Very true, a full slate of games this weekend, but College Softball was on. If you're unhappy with how the NCAA is working, the best solution is to complain incessantly on an anonymous lacrosse forum. I am sure it will get right to Mark Emmert.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow. Rough crowd. I agree with poster 100% as I have a Hs soph. Feeling the pain as welll. The NCAA jumped way too fast. Hurts many many more than it helps.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A letter was sent to the NCAA addressing the knee-donk reaction to afford every student-athlete an additional year of eligibility with no regard to the 4-5 years of high school athletes left high and dry. The ripple effect is real and will take years to work through. No response from the NCAA, unlike this forum with some smart remarks from salty lax dads.

Last edited by JesLax1; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow. Rough crowd. I agree with poster 100% as I have a Hs soph. Feeling the pain as welll. The NCAA jumped way too fast. Hurts many many more than it helps.

Hoping when state policy changes on outdoor gatherings on April 3rd that they allow at a minimum the parents of players to attend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unfortunately it is what it is. Plenty of 21 year old freshmen and 25 year old seniors. If your kid is on age 18 year old freshman he is competing against kids 6+ years older. Even many of his fellow freshmen will be 3 years older. It is all so crazy. Now add to that the extra year of eligibility nonsense and you can have 26-27 year old grad students on the roster. NCAA really made a mess of things by giving added eligibility to everyone on last year rosters. Freshmen have been hurt the most.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unfortunately it is what it is. Plenty of 21 year old freshmen and 25 year old seniors. If your kid is on age 18 year old freshman he is competing against kids 6+ years older. Even many of his fellow freshmen will be 3 years older. It is all so crazy. Now add to that the extra year of eligibility nonsense and you can have 26-27 year old grad students on the roster. NCAA really made a mess of things by giving added eligibility to everyone on last year rosters. Freshmen have been hurt the most.

Agreed it's crazy. I have a 17yo senior. We were watching a game this weekend. 3 of the offensive players were 6 year seniors, one was actually granted a 7th year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When do kids start their jobs? I mean that’s why I’m sending my kids to college. Get your degree, then it’s the real world. I have it in my head, the real world starts at 22,23. Not 26,27.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you're an HS player. But if you're in college, maybe didn't get off the bench Freshman year, played 5-6 games Sophomore year, now you're a Junior and want a couple of seasons. Maybe last year was your senior year, first chance being the top dog, a season cut short. These young men worked incredibly hard to play. They deserve it. When your son gets into college, makes the team, you can have a say for all the HS kids out there coming up behind him. Otherwise, you have no clue.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you're an HS player. But if you're in college, maybe didn't get off the bench Freshman year, played 5-6 games Sophomore year, now you're a Junior and want a couple of seasons. Maybe last year was your senior year, first chance being the top dog, a season cut short. These young men worked incredibly hard to play. They deserve it. When your son gets into college, makes the team, you can have a say for all the HS kids out there coming up behind him. Otherwise, you have no clue.

Having a 2021 who will play D1 next year I do not agree with allowing a 5th year. However, I think about if my guy was already in college and I admit I would I be upset if they did not give a 5th year. I see both sides. It would be frustrating to loose a year. Unfortunately 2020 was a bad year for everyone. The solution created more problems and extended the problems into the future. Had they just left it alone the high school kids would have lost one season and college would have lost a season. We would be back to normal this year. May not be totally fair because losing a year of college is worse but both groups would have lost something special. Now college kids are made whole and the high school kids lost a year of high school and will have over crowded college rosters competing against older players over the next few years. Don't forget this situation left less scholarship money for all involved this year and moving into the future. They should have left everything alone and did nothing. But I see the point in allowing the 5th year. It would have been much better had they increased the scholarship money. Had they done that it would have been easier for all to live with the decision.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have no hs or college aged kids.
But it really seems like the NCAA unintentionally screwed future classes to be the good guy and make up for one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many will disagree but the Ivies got it right. You are there for your education. They refused to grant additional eligibility. Although many "scholar athletes" left, the Ivies did not care. In the Ivy League. your education comes first everything else is secondary. Again, many will not agree.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When do kids start their jobs? I mean that’s why I’m sending my kids to college. Get your degree, then it’s the real world. I have it in my head, the real world starts at 22,23. Not 26,27.

PLL is hiring. The older you are the better for your son.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many will disagree but the Ivies got it right. You are there for your education. They refused to grant additional eligibility. Although many "scholar athletes" left, the Ivies did not care. In the Ivy League. your education comes first everything else is secondary. Again, many will not agree.

The whole Yale roster dropped out to keep the season, so did Cornell, Brown too. Don't kid yourself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Having a 2021 who will play D1 next year I do not agree with allowing a 5th year. However, I think about if my guy was already in college and I admit I would I be upset if they did not give a 5th year. I see both sides. It would be frustrating to loose a year. Unfortunately 2020 was a bad year for everyone. The solution created more problems and extended the problems into the future. Had they just left it alone the high school kids would have lost one season and college would have lost a season. We would be back to normal this year. May not be totally fair because losing a year of college is worse but both groups would have lost something special. Now college kids are made whole and the high school kids lost a year of high school and will have over crowded college rosters competing against older players over the next few years. Don't forget this situation left less scholarship money for all involved this year and moving into the future. They should have left everything alone and did nothing. But I see the point in allowing the 5th year. It would have been much better had they increased the scholarship money. Had they done that it would have been easier for all to live with the decision.

Without being disrespectful, because you seem like a decent person, why does ANY college have an obligation to a HS kid? If they don't like it, don't go. There are plenty of options for HS Seniors. Not so many for College Seniors.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love that part “without being disrespectful “ part just before being disrespectful. Imagine the roles were reversed and your college son was a 2021 HS player. That’s all he’s saying.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Without being disrespectful, because you seem like a decent person, why does ANY college have an obligation to a HS kid? If they don't like it, don't go. There are plenty of options for HS Seniors. Not so many for College Seniors.

What about after your kid signs his NLI and then the NCAA grants everyone on his future college team another year of eligibility? That committed HS senior was stuck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think all colleges have obligations to high school kids who are going to compete in a college sport. Think of all the rules that are in place to protect those in high school such high school GPA that must be maintained, certain classes taken to be eligible to play for a D1 school, and no coach contact until September 1 junior year. Of all the options out there I do not think one of them is to say to a senior in high school who dreams of playing lacrosse "don't go" and find another option because the college seniors, who had three good years and played a third of their last year, need one more season. That gives college seniors ( and all college players on a team last year) four and one third years playing college lax. Allowing a fifth year also hurts all college players, not just incoming freshman, given the mess that was created moving forward with the large and older rosters. Now a problem continues for the next few years for all freshman through super seniors. I know it is awful for everyone. There is no good remedy that everyone would be happy with. Like I said before, had they increased the scholarship money it would have been better for all involved.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The whole Yale roster dropped out to keep the season, so did Cornell, Brown too. Don't kid yourself.

If my young adult was considering leaving an Ivy in their senior year to play lacrosse I'd say two things:

1) Good luck with those student loans, they're yours to keep
2) Don't think you're coming home to live with Mom and Dad when you can't get a job because that degree from Maryland means nothing compared to Yale, Brown or Cornell.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think all colleges have obligations to high school kids who are going to compete in a college sport. Think of all the rules that are in place to protect those in high school such high school GPA that must be maintained, certain classes taken to be eligible to play for a D1 school, and no coach contact until September 1 junior year. Of all the options out there I do not think one of them is to say to a senior in high school who dreams of playing lacrosse "don't go" and find another option because the college seniors, who had three good years and played a third of their last year, need one more season. That gives college seniors ( and all college players on a team last year) four and one third years playing college lax. Allowing a fifth year also hurts all college players, not just incoming freshman, given the mess that was created moving forward with the large and older rosters. Now a problem continues for the next few years for all freshman through super seniors. I know it is awful for everyone. There is no good remedy that everyone would be happy with. Like I said before, had they increased the scholarship money it would have been better for all involved.

You’re assuming the kid played. Not taking into account injury, depth and a slew of other reasons where a college player may have started or saw significant playing time in 5-6 games their whole college career. The vast majority of D-1 players are biding their time to get on the field.

Like Reply Quote
Page 184 of 264 1 2 182 183 184 185 186 263 264
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard