Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Wow. Rough crowd. I agree with poster 100% as I have a Hs soph. Feeling the pain as welll. The NCAA jumped way too fast. Hurts many many more than it helps.

If you're an HS player. But if you're in college, maybe didn't get off the bench Freshman year, played 5-6 games Sophomore year, now you're a Junior and want a couple of seasons. Maybe last year was your senior year, first chance being the top dog, a season cut short. These young men worked incredibly hard to play. They deserve it. When your son gets into college, makes the team, you can have a say for all the HS kids out there coming up behind him. Otherwise, you have no clue.

Having a 2021 who will play D1 next year I do not agree with allowing a 5th year. However, I think about if my guy was already in college and I admit I would I be upset if they did not give a 5th year. I see both sides. It would be frustrating to loose a year. Unfortunately 2020 was a bad year for everyone. The solution created more problems and extended the problems into the future. Had they just left it alone the high school kids would have lost one season and college would have lost a season. We would be back to normal this year. May not be totally fair because losing a year of college is worse but both groups would have lost something special. Now college kids are made whole and the high school kids lost a year of high school and will have over crowded college rosters competing against older players over the next few years. Don't forget this situation left less scholarship money for all involved this year and moving into the future. They should have left everything alone and did nothing. But I see the point in allowing the 5th year. It would have been much better had they increased the scholarship money. Had they done that it would have been easier for all to live with the decision.