Originally Posted by Anonymous
One never knows the truth so I did a little research because this topic is important for many reasons and one is NOT to bash Garden City. Numbers are numbers. It is true that lacrosse is spreading across long Island. As it appears for the Long Island Class of 2021 the D1 commits are spread out. Yes some surprise High schools have multiple D1 commits. Most are great academic and/or lacrosse colleges. Here is the list of high schools from Long Island with multiple players going on to play division 1 lacrosse for the class of 2021 (in alphabetical order and split Nassau/Suffolk):

MULTIPLE D1 COMMITS FOR THE CLASS OF 2021

NASSAU

Carey

Carle Place

Chaminade

Farmingdale

Kellenberg

Locust Valley

Manhasset

North Shore

Southside

Syosset

SUFFOLK

Bay Shore

Comsewogue

Harborfields

Huntington

Longwood

Mount Sinai

Shoreham- Wading River

Smithtown West

West Hampton Beach

Feel free to correct if there is an error.
INCORRECT. Just because FLG doesn't post a commit in their rag or TOP 1,000 list doesn't mean someone hasn't committed verbally or otherwise to playing D1 lacrosse. You missed a Nassau school who has 3 commits in the last 2 years with major colleges. Some researcher you are.

I think the list is for multiple D1 commits for 2021 only. Not 2 years combined. If that was the case the list would be even longer. Long Island Is still strong and getting stronger. It is great to see kids from all over the island competing at the D1 level.

Not sure that I understand the point of all of this. Non Traditional Lacrosse High Schools have been putting out D-1 college players since the 70's and 80's. I guess the biggest difference now is the impact that "Club Teams" have had. Pre Club, second and even third tier players from Power House HS programs might get recruited over a stud from a non power HS program. Now, it does not mater what HS program the kid plays for, If they play on a Top club on the Top Team they will get recruited over just about all the players from the power house HS programs.

I will say, I agree with an earlier comment regarding the parents from the power house programs... Many believe that because their kid plays for a State Championship Team that he is a stronger player than kids at other programs. I have heard parents say "if Johnny played for so and so he would be a stud but here is on the 3rd midfield". The reality is that a stud is a stud. That said, a kid on the 3rd midfield at a power house would most likely be on the 2nd or even the 1st at a non traditional program but they would not be a stud. (Stud defined as the players who receive offers from several Top 10 caliber college programs).

Long Island Lacrosse has a lot more competition these days but the Top Players will still be recruited by the Top Programs.