Get it on Google Play
Get it on Google Play
New Camps Just Posted! | S2S Tryouts | LI Showcase 20 Days Away!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous - 05/17/21 07:28 PM
Girls High School
by Anonymous - 05/17/21 07:15 PM
Greater Howard Club Lacrosse Conference (HoCo)
by Anonymous - 05/17/21 07:15 PM
Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 05/17/21 06:53 PM
Boys 2024-9th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 05/17/21 06:02 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics2,370
Posts291,572
Members2,289
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE


FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 485 of 519 1 2 483 484 485 486 487 518 519
Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #320608 02/14/21 08:17 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]GC team beats the travel clubs club teams on the summer circuit. We laugh at all the people that throw their money away with the club teams when we are at Leos.

GC coach also charges for his club team last time I checked. At least with the big clubs you get something for your money. In GC, you line the coach’s pockets by paying for his club team which, in a good year, places a handful of kids into low level DIII programs. Then there are the families who pay for Express, 91 etc AND the GC coach’s club program just to keep him happy. Amazing anyone has any money left for Leo’s.[/quote

And some left over for the country club as well. Jealousy is an ugly color, you wear it well.

So obnoxious. Do people consider Garden City rich who are not from GardenCity? The rich From Nassau County have an “old” at the beginning of the village name or a “ Point” at the end of it. Other than than that many places have a nice share of 1 million to 2 million dollar homes.

Jealous and sensitive. How special.

Doubt it. No one cares. Let’s get back to talking lacrosse and GC not being able to produce a D1 player.

More importantly, let’s talk about how all those D-3 kids made your D-1 “player” look lost on the field. Now that 17-2 beating made you such a jealous little person.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #320615 02/14/21 11:53 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One never knows the truth so I did a little research because this topic is important for many reasons and one is NOT to bash Garden City. Numbers are numbers. It is true that lacrosse is spreading across long Island. As it appears for the Long Island Class of 2021 the D1 commits are spread out. Yes some surprise High schools have multiple D1 commits. Most are great academic and/or lacrosse colleges. Here is the list of high schools from Long Island with multiple players going on to play division 1 lacrosse for the class of 2021 (in alphabetical order and split Nassau/Suffolk):

MULTIPLE D1 COMMITS FOR THE CLASS OF 2021

NASSAU

Carey

Carle Place

Chaminade

Farmingdale

Kellenberg

Locust Valley

Manhasset

North Shore

Southside

Syosset


SUFFOLK

Bay Shore

Comsewogue

Harborfields

Huntington

Longwood

Mount Sinai

Shoreham- Wading River

Smithtown West

West Hampton Beach


Feel free to correct if there is an error.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #320616 02/14/21 12:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]GC team beats the travel clubs club teams on the summer circuit. We laugh at all the people that throw their money away with the club teams when we are at Leos.

GC coach also charges for his club team last time I checked. At least with the big clubs you get something for your money. In GC, you line the coach’s pockets by paying for his club team which, in a good year, places a handful of kids into low level DIII programs. Then there are the families who pay for Express, 91 etc AND the GC coach’s club program just to keep him happy. Amazing anyone has any money left for Leo’s.[/quote

And some left over for the country club as well. Jealousy is an ugly color, you wear it well.

So obnoxious. Do people consider Garden City rich who are not from GardenCity? The rich From Nassau County have an “old” at the beginning of the village name or a “ Point” at the end of it. Other than than that many places have a nice share of 1 million to 2 million dollar homes.

Jealous and sensitive. How special.

Doubt it. No one cares. Let’s get back to talking lacrosse and GC not being able to produce a D1 player.

More importantly, let’s talk about how all those D-3 kids made your D-1 “player” look lost on the field. Now that 17-2 beating made you such a jealous little person.

Read the posts above. You are the guy who said the same thing a couple of years ago except you are no longer saying every GC kid will play d1. Al Bundy here thinks High School sports very important. Too bad the kids won’t compete against each other in college unless your kid transfers to a d1 program. We all hope that the clear disappointment you have in your kid not playing d1 is not noticed by him. We all notice it here. By the way there is nothing wrong with playing d3. Kids choose d3 over d1 all the time. But from your posts It is clear your kid did not have that option. I wish him well because having a father like you has got to be miserable.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #320652 02/15/21 02:30 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
One never knows the truth so I did a little research because this topic is important for many reasons and one is NOT to bash Garden City. Numbers are numbers. It is true that lacrosse is spreading across long Island. As it appears for the Long Island Class of 2021 the D1 commits are spread out. Yes some surprise High schools have multiple D1 commits. Most are great academic and/or lacrosse colleges. Here is the list of high schools from Long Island with multiple players going on to play division 1 lacrosse for the class of 2021 (in alphabetical order and split Nassau/Suffolk):

MULTIPLE D1 COMMITS FOR THE CLASS OF 2021

NASSAU

Carey

Carle Place

Chaminade

Farmingdale

Floral Park

Kellenberg

Locust Valley

Manhasset

North Shore

Southside

Syosset


SUFFOLK

Bay Shore

Comsewogue

Harborfields

Huntington

Longwood

Mount Sinai

Shoreham- Wading River

Smithtown West

West Hampton Beach


Feel free to correct if there is an error.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #320664 02/15/21 09:45 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is great besides one fact that, based on the amount of "research" you did, not everyone wants to play lacrosse in college. When you look at the seniors playing lacrosse at say, GC, why do you not also account for the fact that the majority also play football and basketball. Why are you not disappointed that they are not playing college football, basketball, etc?
The simple fact - not every kid who plays high school lacrosse wants to play in college. The (new) simple fact - many of the schools that these kids are going to, currently, the entire college team is not playing because their school decided not to even support them playing. GC 21s have the right idea... you, on the other hand, have WAY too much time on your hands...



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
One never knows the truth so I did a little research because this topic is important for many reasons and one is NOT to bash Garden City. Numbers are numbers. It is true that lacrosse is spreading across long Island. As it appears for the Long Island Class of 2021 the D1 commits are spread out. Yes some surprise High schools have multiple D1 commits. Most are great academic and/or lacrosse colleges. Here is the list of high schools from Long Island with multiple players going on to play division 1 lacrosse for the class of 2021 (in alphabetical order and split Nassau/Suffolk):

MULTIPLE D1 COMMITS FOR THE CLASS OF 2021

NASSAU

Carey

Carle Place

Chaminade

Farmingdale

Floral Park

Kellenberg

Locust Valley

Manhasset

North Shore

Southside

Syosset


SUFFOLK

Bay Shore

Comsewogue

Harborfields

Huntington

Longwood

Mount Sinai

Shoreham- Wading River

Smithtown West

West Hampton Beach


Feel free to correct if there is an error.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #320678 02/15/21 11:31 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fair point except for the fact that most, if not all, of the kids you say do not want to play college lacrosse have recruiting videos. Also the best from GC are playing college just not division one. Just face the fact that the game is spreading and being from a top HS program from Long Island is not enough to be recruited. There are other options on Long Island for college coaches. It is hard to figure out why there are so many excuses from one GC parent on why they are not able to produce division one level recruits. We have heard Covid, they don’t want to play college lacrosse, they don’t want divisIon one, they want to go to academic d3 programs even though only one is doing that, and some others. The reason is clear from the list. Other high schools, who have never really produced college level recruits are now producing multiple Division I players. These kids are taking spots of the Garden City’s of the world.


uote=Anonymous]This is great besides one fact that, based on the amount of "research" you did, not everyone wants to play lacrosse in college. When you look at the seniors playing lacrosse at say, GC, why do you not also account for the fact that the majority also play football and basketball. Why are you not disappointed that they are not playing college football, basketball, etc?
The simple fact - not every kid who plays high school lacrosse wants to play in college. The (new) simple fact - many of the schools that these kids are going to, currently, the entire college team is not playing because their school decided not to even support them playing. GC 21s have the right idea... you, on the other hand, have WAY too much time on your hands...



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
One never knows the truth so I did a little research because this topic is important for many reasons and one is NOT to bash Garden City. Numbers are numbers. It is true that lacrosse is spreading across long Island. As it appears for the Long Island Class of 2021 the D1 commits are spread out. Yes some surprise High schools have multiple D1 commits. Most are great academic and/or lacrosse colleges. Here is the list of high schools from Long Island with multiple players going on to play division 1 lacrosse for the class of 2021 (in alphabetical order and split Nassau/Suffolk):

MULTIPLE D1 COMMITS FOR THE CLASS OF 2021

NASSAU

Carey

Carle Place

Chaminade

Farmingdale

Floral Park

Kellenberg

Locust Valley

Manhasset

North Shore

Southside

Syosset


SUFFOLK

Bay Shore

Comsewogue

Harborfields

Huntington

Longwood

Mount Sinai

Shoreham- Wading River

Smithtown West

West Hampton Beach


Feel free to correct if there is an error.
[/quote]

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #320686 02/15/21 12:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smithtown East

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #320705 02/15/21 06:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
One never knows the truth so I did a little research because this topic is important for many reasons and one is NOT to bash Garden City. Numbers are numbers. It is true that lacrosse is spreading across long Island. As it appears for the Long Island Class of 2021 the D1 commits are spread out. Yes some surprise High schools have multiple D1 commits. Most are great academic and/or lacrosse colleges. Here is the list of high schools from Long Island with multiple players going on to play division 1 lacrosse for the class of 2021 (in alphabetical order and split Nassau/Suffolk):

MULTIPLE D1 COMMITS FOR THE CLASS OF 2021

NASSAU

Carey

Carle Place

Chaminade

Farmingdale

Floral Park

Kellenberg

Locust Valley

Manhasset

North Shore

Southside

Syosset


SUFFOLK

Bay Shore

Comsewogue

Harborfields

Huntington

Longwood

Mount Sinai

Shoreham- Wading River

Smithtown East

Smithtown West

West Hampton Beach


Feel free to correct if there is an error.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #320712 02/15/21 08:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Fair point except for the fact that most, if not all, of the kids you say do not want to play college lacrosse have recruiting videos. Also the best from GC are playing college just not division one. Just face the fact that the game is spreading and being from a top HS program from Long Island is not enough to be recruited. There are other options on Long Island for college coaches. It is hard to figure out why there are so many excuses from one GC parent on why they are not able to produce division one level recruits. We have heard Covid, they don’t want to play college lacrosse, they don’t want divisIon one, they want to go to academic d3 programs even though only one is doing that, and some others. The reason is clear from the list. Other high schools, who have never really produced college level recruits are now producing multiple Division I players. These kids are taking spots of the Garden City’s of the world.


uote=Anonymous]This is great besides one fact that, based on the amount of "research" you did, not everyone wants to play lacrosse in college. When you look at the seniors playing lacrosse at say, GC, why do you not also account for the fact that the majority also play football and basketball. Why are you not disappointed that they are not playing college football, basketball, etc?
The simple fact - not every kid who plays high school lacrosse wants to play in college. The (new) simple fact - many of the schools that these kids are going to, currently, the entire college team is not playing because their school decided not to even support them playing. GC 21s have the right idea... you, on the other hand, have WAY too much time on your hands...



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
One never knows the truth so I did a little research because this topic is important for many reasons and one is NOT to bash Garden City. Numbers are numbers. It is true that lacrosse is spreading across long Island. As it appears for the Long Island Class of 2021 the D1 commits are spread out. Yes some surprise High schools have multiple D1 commits. Most are great academic and/or lacrosse colleges. Here is the list of high schools from Long Island with multiple players going on to play division 1 lacrosse for the class of 2021 (in alphabetical order and split Nassau/Suffolk):

MULTIPLE D1 COMMITS FOR THE CLASS OF 2021

NASSAU

Carey

Carle Place

Chaminade

Farmingdale

Floral Park

Kellenberg

Locust Valley

Manhasset

North Shore

Southside

Syosset


SUFFOLK

Bay Shore

Comsewogue

Harborfields

Huntington

Longwood

Mount Sinai

Shoreham- Wading River

Smithtown West

West Hampton Beach


Feel free to correct if there is an error.
[/quote]

No Dog in this fight but I am confused.... Why are you implying that these other schools have not produced DI lacrosse players in the past? I realize that GC has produced many and maybe not so many in the class that you seem to point at but from what I know many of the other schools that you list have produced a lot of DI players.

I do agree with the premise that "town teams" are not the best way to develop players and get them recruited.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #320715 02/15/21 09:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Fair point except for the fact that most, if not all, of the kids you say do not want to play college lacrosse have recruiting videos. Also the best from GC are playing college just not division one. Just face the fact that the game is spreading and being from a top HS program from Long Island is not enough to be recruited. There are other options on Long Island for college coaches. It is hard to figure out why there are so many excuses from one GC parent on why they are not able to produce division one level recruits. We have heard Covid, they don’t want to play college lacrosse, they don’t want divisIon one, they want to go to academic d3 programs even though only one is doing that, and some others. The reason is clear from the list. Other high schools, who have never really produced college level recruits are now producing multiple Division I players. These kids are taking spots of the Garden City’s of the world.


uote=Anonymous]This is great besides one fact that, based on the amount of "research" you did, not everyone wants to play lacrosse in college. When you look at the seniors playing lacrosse at say, GC, why do you not also account for the fact that the majority also play football and basketball. Why are you not disappointed that they are not playing college football, basketball, etc?
The simple fact - not every kid who plays high school lacrosse wants to play in college. The (new) simple fact - many of the schools that these kids are going to, currently, the entire college team is not playing because their school decided not to even support them playing. GC 21s have the right idea... you, on the other hand, have WAY too much time on your hands...



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
One never knows the truth so I did a little research because this topic is important for many reasons and one is NOT to bash Garden City. Numbers are numbers. It is true that lacrosse is spreading across long Island. As it appears for the Long Island Class of 2021 the D1 commits are spread out. Yes some surprise High schools have multiple D1 commits. Most are great academic and/or lacrosse colleges. Here is the list of high schools from Long Island with multiple players going on to play division 1 lacrosse for the class of 2021 (in alphabetical order and split Nassau/Suffolk):

MULTIPLE D1 COMMITS FOR THE CLASS OF 2021

NASSAU

Carey

Carle Place

Chaminade

Farmingdale

Floral Park

Kellenberg

Locust Valley

Manhasset

North Shore

Southside

Syosset


SUFFOLK

Bay Shore

Comsewogue

Harborfields

Huntington

Longwood

Mount Sinai

Shoreham- Wading River

Smithtown West

West Hampton Beach


Feel free to correct if there is an error.

No Dog in this fight but I am confused.... Why are you implying that these other schools have not produced DI lacrosse players in the past? I realize that GC has produced many and maybe not so many in the class that you seem to point at but from what I know many of the other schools that you list have produced a lot of DI players.

I do agree with the premise that "town teams" are not the best way to develop players and get them recruited.[/quote]

I did not mean to imply that. Many schools on the list have produced D1 players but some have not or not many. The interesting part is not only some new schools but also some of the schools not on the list.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #320721 02/15/21 11:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I too am confused. Why do you care about GC so much?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #320735 02/16/21 10:16 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’d th
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I too am confused. Why do you care about GC so much?

I think the point is that D1 recruiting is now spread more widely across LI. In the “old days” a high percentage came from GC or Manhasset. Chaminade and St. Anthony’s are now the clear leaders with other D1 recruits coming from all over thanks to the rise of the club teams.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #320743 02/16/21 11:29 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I’d th
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I too am confused. Why do you care about GC so much?

I think the point is that D1 recruiting is now spread more widely across LI. In the “old days” a high percentage came from GC or Manhasset. Chaminade and St. Anthony’s are now the clear leaders with other D1 recruits coming from all over thanks to the rise of the club teams.

Agreed. No one is caring about Garden City or any other individual high school. There may be some comments directed at an individual from Garden City who angered some people with his comments with absolutely no value. But as you stated the point is that the sport is growing across the country and especially on Long Island. When you see high schools on that list with kids going to very good colleges and college lacrosse programs it is a good thing for the sport. In the old days only a handful of towns started lacrosse in first and second grade. Now most of the towns are starting early. The result is that you are now seeing recruits from high schools or towns that you never thought could produce a division I athlete in lacrosse. It is that simple. No one is hating anybody here and in fact we should all want Long Island players and programs to do well in state and national championships.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #320748 02/16/21 11:49 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I’d th
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I too am confused. Why do you care about GC so much?

I think the point is that D1 recruiting is now spread more widely across LI. In the “old days” a high percentage came from GC or Manhasset. Chaminade and St. Anthony’s are now the clear leaders with other D1 recruits coming from all over thanks to the rise of the club teams.

Agreed. No one is caring about Garden City or any other individual high school. There may be some comments directed at an individual from Garden City who angered some people with his comments with absolutely no value. But as you stated the point is that the sport is growing across the country and especially on Long Island. When you see high schools on that list with kids going to very good colleges and college lacrosse programs it is a good thing for the sport. In the old days only a handful of towns started lacrosse in first and second grade. Now most of the towns are starting early. The result is that you are now seeing recruits from high schools or towns that you never thought could produce a division I athlete in lacrosse. It is that simple. No one is hating anybody here and in fact we should all want Long Island players and programs to do well in state and national championships.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I’d th
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I too am confused. Why do you care about GC so much?

I think the point is that D1 recruiting is now spread more widely across LI. In the “old days” a high percentage came from GC or Manhasset. Chaminade and St. Anthony’s are now the clear leaders with other D1 recruits coming from all over thanks to the rise of the club teams.

Agreed. No one is caring about Garden City or any other individual high school. There may be some comments directed at an individual from Garden City who angered some people with his comments with absolutely no value. But as you stated the point is that the sport is growing across the country and especially on Long Island. When you see high schools on that list with kids going to very good colleges and college lacrosse programs it is a good thing for the sport. In the old days only a handful of towns started lacrosse in first and second grade. Now most of the towns are starting early. The result is that you are now seeing recruits from high schools or towns that you never thought could produce a division I athlete in lacrosse. It is that simple. No one is hating anybody here and in fact we should all want Long Island players and programs to do well in state and national championships.

I would say that "strong athletes / players" from non-traditional "Lacrosse Towns" have benefited greatly from "Club Lacrosse". The ability to play on a 91 or Express "A" Team can help a player develop and get recruited. It has been this way for a long time now. The top college programs want to see players compete against the best competition. When they go to a "Top Club Tournament" they get to see a large majority of the best players in a given graduation year compete against each other. Not a lot of recruiting going on at HS games.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #320750 02/16/21 11:54 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I’d th
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I too am confused. Why do you care about GC so much?

I think the point is that D1 recruiting is now spread more widely across LI. In the “old days” a high percentage came from GC or Manhasset. Chaminade and St. Anthony’s are now the clear leaders with other D1 recruits coming from all over thanks to the rise of the club teams.
You may want to check the Hometowns of some of those Chaminade St Anthonys recruits, you'll be surprised how many are from GC/Manhasset.

Like Reply Quote
Page 485 of 519 1 2 483 484 485 486 487 518 519
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.4