Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It’s the only thread for Westchester/CT.

I totally agree with your statement; this thread shouldn't be limited to Youth and it should encompass all Hudson Valley lax (Boys/Girls youth and HS) matters.

High School and Youth are not so different. I think we can handle both on this thread.....
Fair point. Lead on!

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
Anonymous #310614 09/26/20 11:26 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I totally agree with your statement; this thread shouldn't be limited to Youth and it should encompass all Hudson Valley lax (Boys/Girls youth and HS) matters.

High School and Youth are not so different. I think we can handle both on this thread.....
Fair point. Lead on!

And leading on we shall. Did anyone see what happened today at lax nationals in Md. Oh how the mighty have fallen. I know people will say some kids couldn't make it, covid, they are at prep schiools, blah blah blah. REGARDLESS, Connecticut and NY in the 2022 went 0-6!! and in the 2023 went 1-5. This is what happens with NO TRYOUTS and COACHES who HANDPICK THEIR OWN PLAYERS. Embarrassing! something needs to change with the selection of these teams (and UA). Look at the majority of the rosters and they are all NLF teams to begin with or the coaches picks. This was supposedly to be an "open team" where NLF affiliation didn't matter.

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #310629 09/27/20 09:40 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Lax Nationals are a joke. It is run/overseen by the NLF. It was done to try to replace the UA AA games so they can control it.

Each Region is run by an NLF program. You can see it clearly on their website. I think the signups for tryouts in most regions were very low and why most tryouts were canceled. Several of the teams had 16-18 player rosters. That is SO low. Also multiple regions that were supposed to have teams were not able to field them. This also costs a lot more $$ for each than UA.

From what I have seen, the UA games and talent are much more competitive and independent (though UA is not perfect).

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #310635 09/27/20 10:20 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fair point. Lead on!

And leading on we shall. Did anyone see what happened today at lax nationals in Md. Oh how the mighty have fallen. I know people will say some kids couldn't make it, covid, they are at prep schiools, blah blah blah. REGARDLESS, Connecticut and NY in the 2022 went 0-6!! and in the 2023 went 1-5. This is what happens with NO TRYOUTS and COACHES who HANDPICK THEIR OWN PLAYERS. Embarrassing! something needs to change with the selection of these teams (and UA). Look at the majority of the rosters and they are all NLF teams to begin with or the coaches picks. This was supposedly to be an "open team" where NLF affiliation didn't matter.

Agree. When you take the majority of players from a couple of teams like Primetime or Eclipse that's what happens. While these are obviously excellent teams with excellent players, other areas truly took from many local teams who have a individuals who are superior and is an actual all star team and not getting beaten handily. Lets see if they can win a game today.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #310789 09/29/20 08:25 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fair point. Lead on!

Agree. When you take the majority of players from a couple of teams like Primetime or Eclipse that's what happens. While these are obviously excellent teams with excellent players, other areas truly took from many local teams who have a individuals who are superior and is an actual all star team and not getting beaten handily. Lets see if they can win a game today.

In fairness to Eclipse and Primetime, COVID impacted the tryouts so it was not entirely possible to make it work. I think coaches from Eclipse ran all the teams so it was just easier to take their kids. Maybe next year it will work out better (maybe not....)

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Page 188 of 188 1 2 186 187 188
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard