Originally Posted by Anonymous
what do you attribute the drop off to? its not just yorktown- John jay is struggling with numbers from high school to youth

John Jay I think is attributed to the fact that the head coach likes a short bench and players want to play. Also, a lot of the team historically was Primetime as youth players who eventually got cut as late middle school and HS players so they stopped playing. The Assistant coach is PT head. Look at the make up of PT youth versus the PT HS teams. PT youth has many John Jay kids versus a few on the HS travel teams. Unfortuately many of these boys look at PT as the only team worth playing as they get older since they played with them at the younger age and stop playing. This has been happening for a few years now.

Westchester families need to know that the Predators are now TOP travel lacrosse program in the area. Get off the PT train and come to top class program, run by former Yorktown greats. Most of the teams coaches are HS coaches and educators. They build the program organically and love to develop their players, not cut them for bigger and better holdbacks.
Is that why Colsey never came over to Predators?

I thought Colsey did time with PT and Pred, prior to Eclipse?

holdbacks/reclassified players are and will always be part of every program. Unless, USL and NLF decides it's an aged based system, which will never happen.

Also, I thought LIE North was the only program that does not build/develop players "organically". LIE N seems to cut players, coaches or a whole team, in the blink of an eye, if not producing WINS or parents are unhappy with the coaches decisions.