Originally Posted by Anonymous
what do you attribute the drop off to? its not just yorktown- John jay is struggling with numbers from high school to youth

John Jay I think is attributed to the fact that the head coach likes a short bench and players want to play. Also, a lot of the team historically was Primetime as youth players who eventually got cut as late middle school and HS players so they stopped playing. The Assistant coach is PT head. Look at the make up of PT youth versus the PT HS teams. PT youth has many John Jay kids versus a few on the HS travel teams. Unfortuately many of these boys look at PT as the only team worth playing as they get older since they played with them at the younger age and stop playing. This has been happening for a few years now.

Westchester families need to know that the Predators are now TOP travel lacrosse program in the area. Get off the PT train and come to top class program, run by former Yorktown greats. Most of the teams coaches are HS coaches and educators. They build the program organically and love to develop their players, not cut them for bigger and better holdbacks.
This has to be one of the most delusional posts EVER on BOTC. By all important metrics; practices, training, tournaments, play days,coaching quality, communications, connections, etc, etc, etc Pred is the worst program around. They play the least, have the worst coaching, least contacts and branding. I bit on the post because lets be clear, if you’re not a Rye mommy or BXV daddy Pred are a JOKE! 2023 maybe but look below and they dont hold up against the basic local offerings. And yes, 100% a disgruntled former Preds parent. AWFUL experience. Ask any of the 2024, 2025 and 2026 parents if they like their coaches. Pay for the magnet.......if you get it. PT, Eclipse, EN for me and mine! Oh and 2wsy if you are in to the Prep school thing.