BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 123 of 213 1 2 121 122 123 124 125 212 213
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So looks like both SH and SA are returning a bunch of high level players. Should make for an interesting few games for those 2 against each other. Unfortunately, the rest of Catholic teams are basically PAL teams (if that), so the out of conference schedule for both will be real test of how thy stack-up. But SA and SH usually schedule some of best non-league comp around so that will be interesting.
And the CSH and GC match-ups against SA and SH are great games to see. All Good.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Why would you say BBP is the hardest working team around. I guess you know every team on LI

I did not say that . I said MS and stand by that . If u disagree tell me the coaches and team that work harder.

Just because a coach feels the need to post on social media daily, doesn’t mean his gram is working any harder than the rest.

So I guess you can’t name a team .My kid does not go to MS but I can tell you they work extremely hard . Not sure everything they do is within the rules in terms of amount of time practicing etc but that’s probably just jealousy in my part

I'm sure every team works just as hard...I can name a few that give it their all... Smithtown West, Westhampton, Bayport, ESM and Mattituck to name a few.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok seeing as you are so immersed in your daughters lacrosse career, I'll explain my Syble self to you. I personally find it funny and sad that people like you seem to think ranking High School girls lacrosse team is in any way valid or helpful to anyone but coaches and parents. Coaches have a vested interest, it's there job. Parents, on the other hand, I find parents like you just sad. Why do you even care who is the higher ranked team in January? Don't you have adult things to do? Do you really live your life trying to prove to everyone that your daughters Lacrosse team is the "best" or are just trying to have a high school do over for yourself? I wonder? What is really creepy is an adult caring about who the highest ranked Girls Lacrosse team 3 months before the season even starts who are YOU..... Ed Gein? In the end the purpose of Girls Lacrosse is to have some good solid competition that keeps you kid healthy and out of trouble, and to maybe make it a little easier for you daughter to get into college, and if you're lucky, with a little monetary relief. Stop making it all about you ED. And by the way there's an apostrophe in don't

I was a math major so grammar is not my forte but will give this incoherent nonsense a try. When you say daughters career you need to show possession as its their (not there) career. Team needs to be plural and who said that rankings were helpful to more than coaches and parents or helpful to anyone, its just a source of conversation on a lacrosse forum. The run on sentences are troubling and capitalizing you shows you are a bit passive aggressive, probably a trait of which ever personality is dominating you at the moment . The purpose of girls lacrosse is to have "some good solid competition" is just nonsensical blather. The " you daughter" is more a Tony Soprano thing , maybe its another one of your personalities Sybil. In general your copy of the term creepy and unimaginative use of Ed Gein after being labelled Sybil shows a general lack of acumen.You come onto a girls lacrosse forum and complain that people are discussing the upcoming season yet you have nothing positive to add, now go get the help you need .Up next will be the C division breakdown which may send Sybil over the edge.

Why don't you girls trade Instagram handles and take this nonsense there - getting really boring for the rest of us.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok seeing as you are so immersed in your daughters lacrosse career, I'll explain my Syble self to you. I personally find it funny and sad that people like you seem to think ranking High School girls lacrosse team is in any way valid or helpful to anyone but coaches and parents. Coaches have a vested interest, it's there job. Parents, on the other hand, I find parents like you just sad. Why do you even care who is the higher ranked team in January? Don't you have adult things to do? Do you really live your life trying to prove to everyone that your daughters Lacrosse team is the "best" or are just trying to have a high school do over for yourself? I wonder? What is really creepy is an adult caring about who the highest ranked Girls Lacrosse team 3 months before the season even starts who are YOU..... Ed Gein? In the end the purpose of Girls Lacrosse is to have some good solid competition that keeps you kid healthy and out of trouble, and to maybe make it a little easier for you daughter to get into college, and if you're lucky, with a little monetary relief. Stop making it all about you ED. And by the way there's an apostrophe in don't

I was a math major so grammar is not my forte but will give this incoherent nonsense a try. When you say daughters career you need to show possession as its their (not there) career. Team needs to be plural and who said that rankings were helpful to more than coaches and parents or helpful to anyone, its just a source of conversation on a lacrosse forum. The run on sentences are troubling and capitalizing you shows you are a bit passive aggressive, probably a trait of which ever personality is dominating you at the moment . The purpose of girls lacrosse is to have "some good solid competition" is just nonsensical blather. The " you daughter" is more a Tony Soprano thing , maybe its another one of your personalities Sybil. In general your copy of the term creepy and unimaginative use of Ed Gein after being labelled Sybil shows a general lack of acumen.You come onto a girls lacrosse forum and complain that people are discussing the upcoming season yet you have nothing positive to add, now go get the help you need .Up next will be the C division breakdown which may send Sybil over the edge.

Why don't you girls trade Instagram handles and take this nonsense there - getting really boring for the rest of us.

How is what you just did any different or what I am doing right now for that matter . How about anyone who feels the need to make a post that has nothing to do with girls lacrosse like yours and this one just don’t do it . Now I feel like Sybil and hate myself .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How do we know which teams are B and which are C? Can't tell by looking at the schedules since B/C/D play each others. And, how many teams from B and or C make the playoffs? [/quote]
Go to the section XI athletics website and look for sports placements. Playoff wise go to playoff brackets at the top of the page.Its 11 in A, 5 in B, 5 in c , 3 in d[/quote]
C = RP, Islip, Westhampton, Sayville, Miller Place, SWR, Mt Sinai, BBP and Glenn. It seems most will agree the top [3] teams are Westhampton, BBP and Mt Sinai. What other [2] teams make the playoffs? B = West Islip, Bellport, Deer Park, Comsewogue, East Islip, ESM, West Babylon, EH/Pier/BH/Ross, Hauppauge, Kings Park and Harborfields. It seems most agree the top [3] teams are ESM, West Babylon and West Islip. What other [2] teams make playoffs?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would you say BBP is the hardest working team around. I guess you know every team on LI

I did not say that . I said MS and stand by that . If u disagree tell me the coaches and team that work harder.

Just because a coach feels the need to post on social media daily, doesn’t mean his gram is working any harder than the rest.

So I guess you can’t name a team .My kid does not go to MS but I can tell you they work extremely hard . Not sure everything they do is within the rules in terms of amount of time practicing etc but that’s probably just

jealousy in my part

I'm sure every team works just as hard...I can name a few that give it their all... Smithtown West, Westhampton, Bayport, ESM and Mattituck to name a few.

Sorry but you just really have no idea . None of those teams you mentioned are getting together 2-3 times a week in the off season and essentially practice 7 days a week in season . It’s not a nock , just ask anyone you know who has a good knowledge of Suffolk county girls lax

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WEST ISLIP WILL WIN THE ENTIRE THING

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WEST ISLIP WILL WIN THE ENTIRE THING

stop stirring the pot!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So I guess you can’t name a team .My kid does not go to MS but I can tell you they work extremely hard . Not sure everything they do is within the rules in terms of amount of time practicing etc but that’s probably just

jealousy in my part

Sorry but you just really have no idea . None of those teams you mentioned are getting together 2-3 times a week in the off season and essentially practice 7 days a week in season . It’s not a nock , just ask anyone you know who has a good knowledge of Suffolk county girls lax

Agree, this person has no idea whatsoever. I know many girls at all the programs above, spanning many age groups. Hands down, not even close, MS puts in way more time and effort than any other. Sorta jealous of that, sorta not. Despite the winning, girls get burnt out and hate the culture and everything MS in the end, despite the everything is great social media message.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is the best team in Nassau this year? Manhasset, CSH or GC? (or Sacred Heart or other)

Got to put Sacred Heart and Saint Anthony's right there. Both return a ton of juniors and seniors....and have to figure SA will have extra motivation after getting knocked off their championship perch..wild card is if SH can sustain that mojo needed to duplicate SA feat of multiple consecutive Championships.
Always great lax when SH and SA tangle with the top tier of publics too....CSH, Set' and GC as well as Suffolk Pub's

SH graduated their best players who are headed to Duke. Their sophs don't even make club A teams so will need to rely on Fresh. SA wasn't so great last year agains public but they always contend. New coach in Set' so we will see. GC needs to get rid of pay for play and politics. CSH only ones in their division.
GC and pay for play and politics? LOL.. coach doesn’t even coach travel. what in the actual heck are you talking about? be specific and stop spreading rumors

You clearly don't live in GC

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is the best team in Nassau this year? Manhasset, CSH or GC? (or Sacred Heart or other)

Got to put Sacred Heart and Saint Anthony's right there. Both return a ton of juniors and seniors....and have to figure SA will have extra motivation after getting knocked off their championship perch..wild card is if SH can sustain that mojo needed to duplicate SA feat of multiple consecutive Championships.
Always great lax when SH and SA tangle with the top tier of publics too....CSH, Set' and GC as well as Suffolk Pub's

SH graduated their best players who are headed to Duke. Their sophs don't even make club A teams so will need to rely on Fresh. SA wasn't so great last year agains public but they always contend. New coach in Set' so we will see. GC needs to get rid of pay for play and politics. CSH only ones in their division.
GC and pay for play and politics? LOL.. coach doesn’t even coach travel. what in the actual heck are you talking about? be specific and stop spreading rumors

ok buddy .. YOU HAVE NO CLUE. where are the specifics.. clown.. hiw’s Mastic these days?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ok buddy .. YOU HAVE NO CLUE. where are the specifics.. clown.. hiw’s Mastic these days?

Why the hatred of Mastic , not sure how its relevant to the discussion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
suffolk lacrosse is trash. please stop posting about the 2nd tier (athletic and academic) schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
suffolk lacrosse is trash. please stop posting about the 2nd tier (athletic and academic) schools.

2nd tier athletics...lol that's kinda funny. Year after year Suffolk has the best girls lacrosse players etc...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SH duke recruits are seniors you stunad and the best player on that team is attacker going to Richmond. I guess all good players are on “A” club teams according to you.

SH dad stay in your lane, you beat us once every 10-15 years, by all accounts you were lucky to get out of the semi-finals alive last year, if the kellenberg coach had a clue you would have lost that game

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So obviously just some dopey pot stirrer. Interesting that 1/3 of the D1 , team 1, All-Americans last year were Suffolk products. That is really impressive and just shows that if you can play at a high level on LI it translates well to the college game. Mr. Hempstead has no clue.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pay to play- you must be referring to NP, Fdale, MS, Set and other non-elite lax teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pay to play- you must be referring to NP, Fdale, MS, Set and other non-elite lax teams.

nope Christmas gifts $$$

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

nope Christmas gifts $$$

typical troll - sorry you didnt make YJ or Top Guns As

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

nope Christmas gifts $$$
clueless! still waiting for specifics. sorry you can’t afford the cheapest home Set, GC or CSH.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Money and buying houses shouldn't come into play here. Troll is throwing dirt on the walls hoping it will stick. Maybe this belongs in the boys lacrosse forum and you're lost.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just want to know why you lump SA in Nassau?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
still waiting for how coaches who don’t coach travel get paid $$. Seems someone is implying there is money under the table. Not very productive to throw accusations around like that

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not sure if everyone is aware, but there is currently a NCAA proposal to change the recruiting calendar to allow contact starting 6/15 after 10th grade and visits and offers to begin 8/1. This would change the current date of 9/1 of junior year for all contact. This proposal has been recommended by the NCAA Student-Athlete Experience Committee for all sports but Football, Basketball, Baseball and Hockey. This proposal was approved for a final vote in April by the NCAA Council. This week the ACC has submitted a request to amend this proposal to keep the 9/1 date for lacrosse. This will now also be voted on in April. I'm not sure if most of you agree, but the current 9/1 date has several issues. First off, we are all forced to blindly spend money for our kids to attend camps, clinics, etc. While we can hear if a school has "general interest" some schools don't even offer that much. Allowing contact on 6/15 would make it possible to have real discussions with the coaches to gauge their actual level of interest, where the player is on their list and other useful information. It also provides an opportunity to being to create a relationship with the coaches that will be coaching your child for 4 years. As you all are aware, the 9/1 date does not remove the recruiting pressure on the kids. Coaches still watch the games years prior to that date. If anything the pressure is worse because the kids have no idea where they stand. Moving the visit date to 8/1 also allows the kids to more easily play fall sports. Most soccer, field hockey, football coaches aren't going to be too thrilled with kids missing Friday and weekend practices or even games because they need to go visit colleges for lacrosse. Coaches say they want multiple sport athletes yet pass rules that make it very difficult to play a fall sport junior year.

It has been expressed to me that it would be very beneficial for as many parents as possible to send letters/emails to the chair of the NCAA council prior to the April vote expressing concerns with the 9/1 date and support for the new proposal which is Proposal 2018-93. I am including the email below for the current and incoming Chairs. I hope we as a community can come together and try to make sure this positive change can pass.

Current Chair:
Blake James bjames@miami.edu
Incoming Chair:
Dr. M. Grace Calhoun athdir@pobox.upenn.edu

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Garden City Out of Conference Scedule is out with 3 consecutive games in what looks like Virginia.Dont think I have heard of Holton Arms bit the other 2 VA schools seem like good competition.

Kellenberg 3/13
Georgetown Visitation (VA) 4/22
Holton Arms (VA) 4/23
Good Counsel (VA) 4/24
Sacred Heart 5/3

http://www.maxpreps.com/m/team/schedule.aspx?gendersport=girls,lacrosse&schoolid=212c9844-97f0-4807-b87b-2a75b87ba4e7

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is there an overall rule with Middle Schoolers playing on Varsity? or is it district to district. Are most 8th grade travel kids playing on varsity in suffolk and nassau?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Garden City Out of Conference Scedule is out with 3 consecutive games in what looks like Virginia.Dont think I have heard of Holton Arms bit the other 2 VA schools seem like good competition.

Kellenberg 3/13
Holton Arms (VA) 4/23
Good Counsel (VA) 4/24
Sacred Heart 5/3

http://www.maxpreps.com/m/team/schedule.aspx?gendersport=girls,lacrosse&schoolid=212c9844-97f0-4807-b87b-2a75b87ba4e7

and?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kellenberg 3/13
Holton Arms (VA) 4/23
Good Counsel (VA) 4/24
Sacred Heart 5/3

and?
LOL.. seemed to have touched a nerve. I think what he is trying to say is that GC is going down to Virginia to face 3 of the top 10 teams in the country BACK TO BACK TO BACK... instead having tea and playing jacks and marbles with second tier competition in Suffolk like Islip and Northport

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kellenberg 3/13
Holton Arms (VA) 4/23
Good Counsel (VA) 4/24
Sacred Heart 5/3

and?
I think most schools have that week off. It would bother me that we would have to go to VA during break (and probably pay for most of the trip) . We already go to Maryland with the club team. Why the need to go with School? I assume to get more exposure for recruiting (assuming these girls don’t play for YJ)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry to hear it would bother you. We’re happy to go! It’s always a great trip.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good Council is trying to be a recruiting powerhouse in Olney Maryland. Visitation has a great team lately.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good Council is trying to be a recruiting powerhouse in Olney Maryland. Visitation has a great team lately.

Agreed those Va teams are pretty solid and all finished in top 15 last year. Is this a tournament in VA? or did the schools just set this up between themselves? Great team building and exposure nonetheless. Great opportunity to visit the white [ChillLaxin]...(never mind).

Speaking of tournaments.. does anyone know if the brains for gains tournament is happening this year. Have not heard anything yet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When does Newsday list the players to watch?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kellenberg 3/13
Holton Arms (VA) 4/23
Good Counsel (VA) 4/24
Sacred Heart 5/3

and?
LOL.. seemed to have touched a nerve. I think what he is trying to say is that GC is going down to Virginia to face 3 of the top 10 teams in the country BACK TO BACK TO BACK... instead having tea and playing jacks and marbles with second tier competition in Suffolk like Islip and Northport

and?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is there an overall rule with Middle Schoolers playing on Varsity? or is it district to district. Are most 8th grade travel kids playing on varsity in suffolk and nassau?

NYS has a waiver that must be completed in order for middle school aged kids to play Hs sports (jv or varsity) you must prove physical maturity and ability In addition each district has there own way of thinking No not all 8 th graders are pulled up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When is the class rankings for the girls for 2021 going be listed? interested to see who the top girls for recruiting will be.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good Counsel isn't very good this year(and is in Maryland). Holton Arms is down this year too(Also in Maryland). Visitation is a very good team(and is in DC).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In the past CSH has gone down to MD and played Georgetown Visitation as well. Strong program. Nice hosts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NYS has a waiver that must be completed in order for middle school aged kids to play Hs sports (jv or varsity) you must prove physical maturity and ability In addition each district has there own way of thinking No not all 8 th graders are pulled up.

Only exceptional 8th graders are pulled up. Not only do they have to pass a maturity test, in many districts they also need to guaranteed minimum 50% playing time. This means they need to be as good or better than current starters. Not easy to do in a good district.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only exceptional 8th graders are pulled up. Not only do they have to pass a maturity test, in many districts they also need to guaranteed minimum 50% playing time. This means they need to be as good or better than current starters. Not easy to do in a good district.

personally I think its not good for 8th graders hanging out with seniors. different mentality.. and burn out.. don't know why people push so much to get theirkid on varsity

Like Reply Quote
Page 123 of 213 1 2 121 122 123 124 125 212 213
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard