BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 120 of 213 1 2 118 119 120 121 122 212 213
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
anyone know who is in the Nassau power conference this year?

Same as last year Oceanside out, South Side in

So who are the next best schools that didn't get in or asked not to be in? To be the best you need to play the best

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there a place to view the Suffolk County 2019 Seedings?

Seedings for what? Suffolk classifications and schedules are based solely on enrollment - no power conferences, if that's what you mean.

They still seed the schools within the Class. #1

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]anyone know who is in the Nassau power conference this year?

South Side over Plainedge that's surprising.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seedings for what? Suffolk classifications and schedules are based solely on enrollment - no power conferences, if that's what you mean.

Wrong. All NYS schools classifications are based on enrollment . In Suffolk the A division schools ( large schools) stay within their division for 14 of 16 games while the b,c,d division schools essentially form one division playing 14 of 16 games in that division. Those 14 games are decided based on your preseason seed with the higher seeded teams playing a greater number of the other higher ranked teams than a lower seeded team does. Here is where I may be mistaken but I believe in A it was NP, Riv, MC, SE, SW, WM. In B,C D I think it was ESM, Sinai, WB, BBP, WHB, WI, Matt. D1 is fairly weak and you end up w a lot of blowout games because after those 4 games the other teams really drop off . BCD is more competitive as this 6 games are all competitive then you have teams like RP, SWR, Sayville and a few others .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Comes down to which coach asked to move up or cried to stay down. The louder one usually wins. The Nassau regular season power conference just is awesome. The top teams in the 2nd division will win 75% of their games by 10 or more goals. Such a waste just like in suffolk

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Plainedge is lucky to have dodged that bullet, Southside in for a long season in that conference

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Plainedge is lucky to have dodged that bullet, Southside in for a long season in that conference

Kudos to SS for trying to play meaningful games. After the top couple of teams in the division below its like playing PAL teams. You don't get much out of games when you win by 15

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kudos to SS for trying to play meaningful games. After the top couple of teams in the division below its like playing PAL teams. You don't get much out of games when you win by 15

Southside HS always comes out with a lot of pride in ost sports. Glad to welcome them. We know of few of the girls on the team and I am sure they will be excited.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong. All NYS schools classifications are based on enrollment . In Suffolk the A division schools ( large schools) stay within their division for 14 of 16 games while the b,c,d division schools essentially form one division playing 14 of 16 games in that division. Those 14 games are decided based on your preseason seed with the higher seeded teams playing a greater number of the other higher ranked teams than a lower seeded team does. Here is where I may be mistaken but I believe in A it was NP, Riv, MC, SE, SW, WM. In B,C D I think it was ESM, Sinai, WB, BBP, WHB, WI, Matt. D1 is fairly weak and you end up w a lot of blowout games because after those 4 games the other teams really drop off . BCD is more competitive as this 6 games are all competitive then you have teams like RP, SWR, Sayville and a few others .

Pretty fair assessment. But you can't lump RP and SWR in with teams like Sayville. RP beat them 12-4 with all of their subs playing quality minutes. I'm not saying RP is a top club, they are not. But, they are definitely a mid-tier club. As is SWR. Sayville would be grouped with Bellport, EBP, KP and Copaige in the lower tier. Just my opinion, but the biggest difference between top, middle and lower tiers is the number of high caliber players (players that can take over a game). The top teams have 2-3 of those types of players. They are a defensive nightmare. Mid-tiers may have one of those and one or two very good complimentary players. Those bottom tier teams have no true elite level talent. I'm not saying there are not good players on those squads, there definitely are. But, they lack depth and the dominant game-changers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow! ESM really handled Mt. Sinai yesterday! Northrop looked terrible!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

so you stayed until the end? looks like your ESM girls played great. how did NP look so bad, they beat NDP, and lost a close game to Mt. Sinai according to scoreboard. 5 of the 8 bracket winners were LI teams (garden City, ESM, Riverhead, Mt.Sinai, Northport), great to see,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

so you stayed until the end? looks like your ESM girls played great. how did NP look so bad, they beat NDP, and lost a close game to Mt. Sinai according to scoreboard. 5 of the 8 bracket winners were LI teams (garden City, ESM, Riverhead, Mt.Sinai, Northport), great to see,

Why didn't BBP attend this year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Heard NP was missing their new secret weapon, looks like she will need to take charge of that group!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Heard NP was missing their new secret weapon, looks like she will need to take charge of that group!

Probably missed the team bus at NP high School because she was stuck in traffic on the commute from Massapequa.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Either that or she was getting a walk-through for Mattituck HS..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OR LOSE BY 20

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All LI teams played well. Not 1 had a losing record. Great showing by all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pot stirring troll. Go away.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you obviously have an issue with Mattituck HS . My daughters team has scrimmaged them many times and always says the players and coaches are nice and they are a good team. Got to meet one of the coaches this weekend. What exactly is your issue with them and I honestly dont understand your feeble attempt at sarcasm or humor.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you obviously have an issue with Mattituck HS . My daughters team has scrimmaged them many times and always says the players and coaches are nice and they are a good team. Got to meet one of the coaches this weekend. What exactly is your issue with them and I honestly dont understand your feeble attempt at sarcasm or humor.

Daughter played them this weekend. Coach is a hammerhead.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That may be true, lots of tight games with mediocre competition(according to tourney machine). Unfortunately, the best teams weren’t there so calm down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That may be true, lots of tight games with mediocre competition(according to tourney machine). Unfortunately, the best teams weren’t there so calm down.

By best teams whom are you referring to?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who was missing

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Couple of questions , what team does your daughter play for ? What made the coach so annoying ? Your original comment still makes no sense . If you found the coach so annoying did you say anything to him ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because BBP is overrated

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okie Mr. Softee..let me explain my attempt at sarcasm....the girl who transferred to NP from Pequa apparently missed the game on Sunday--according to previous poster--thus I was trying to allude to the fact that she missed the game because she was looking at other HS's....so not a crack at Mattituck per se, but rather an attempt to say that because she has transferred a bunch of times looking for a spot to play, From Pequa to SA to Pequa to NP, that going to Mattituck was not out of the question...could have filled in any HS for that matter...
Ok?....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This site has become a swamp for anonymous key board tough guys to knock coaches , programs and worse kids. To the posters who are too cowardly to actually speak up to people when they are right in front of you but instead come onto this site to vent your frustration at yourself for being so cowardly , you must be so proud.
On a different note does anyone think the 7 on 7 indoor results translate at all to the regular outside game. Personally I say not much if at all but still a good event except for the reffing, did not cost us a game but they let the games get way too physical. Also anyone know why the ESM second round playoff game was ended early , just curious.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okie Mr. Softee..let me explain my attempt at sarcasm....the girl who transferred to NP from Pequa apparently missed the game on Sunday--according to previous poster--thus I was trying to allude to the fact that she missed the game because she was looking at other HS's....so not a crack at Mattituck per se, but rather an attempt to say that because she has transferred a bunch of times looking for a spot to play, From Pequa to SA to Pequa to NP, that going to Mattituck was not out of the question...could have filled in any HS for that matter...
Ok?....

Punk. Worry about your own child. You are an A&$ H*#@.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This site has become a swamp for anonymous key board tough guys to knock coaches , programs and worse kids. To the posters who are too cowardly to actually speak up to people when they are right in front of you but instead come onto this site to vent your frustration at yourself for being so cowardly , you must be so proud.
On a different note does anyone think the 7 on 7 indoor results translate at all to the regular outside game. Personally I say not much if at all but still a good event except for the reffing, did not cost us a game but they let the games get way too physical. Also anyone know why the ESM second round playoff game was ended early , just curious.

Because a YJ thug purposefully hurt someone?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because a YJ thug purposefully hurt someone?

So you are saying a YJ Thug purposefully hurt someone yet they stopped the game to award the win to the YJ thugs team. That makes sense. That said I was surprised to see that ESM did virtually no subbing in the games I watched , I am amazed that kids and families would spend that amount of money and time to attend an off season event that is essentially supposed to be fun and promote the sport only to see your kid stand on the sideline. Honestly I get it during the actual varsity season in big games but at an off season event I am not sure how these coaches sleep at night.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes I honestly think the game translates to regular season, clearly the two best teams made it to the final. BTW i am from Nassau!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Couple of questions , what team does your daughter play for ? What made the coach so annoying ? Your original comment still makes no sense . If you found the coach so annoying did you say anything to him ?

We are from MD and played Mattituck this weekend. The coach was out on the field all the way down to the end line harassing the refs the whole game. The MD coaches aren't even allowed to coach their teams in things like this. Seemed a little over the top. No I didn't say anything to him, I was just a parent watching my daughter play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok?....

You forgot the time at Fdale HS too

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We are from MD and played Mattituck this weekend. The coach was out on the field all the way down to the end line harassing the refs the whole game. The MD coaches aren't even allowed to coach their teams in things like this. Seemed a little over the top. No I didn't say anything to him, I was just a parent watching my daughter play.

So I looked at their schedule . Your coach was indeed at the event coaching just not standing on the sideline . Are you the parent or was it one of your kids teammates dads that was giving the female ref the middle finger in the game you lost. In case you are wondering I did say something to your out of control parent . Honestly if you are going to knock a coach for his/her behavior you may want to make sure you don’t have a parent giving the refs the finger and ending the game early while you just sit there afraid to speak up and tell these people their behavior is unacceptable .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok?....

You are right...My bad.......still has another year of HS left too....so Mattituck could still be in play...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So I looked at their schedule . Your coach was indeed at the event coaching just not standing on the sideline . Are you the parent or was it one of your kids teammates dads that was giving the female ref the middle finger in the game you lost. In case you are wondering I did say something to your out of control parent . Honestly if you are going to knock a coach for his/her behavior you may want to make sure you don’t have a parent giving the refs the finger and ending the game early while you just sit there afraid to speak up and tell these people their behavior is unacceptable .

Think you are confused. MD/DC schools don't allow HS coaches to coach at these things. Coaches are there but watching like everyone else. And not sure what you are referring to about a parent giving a ref the finger. We live in MD but daughter plays for Visitation which is in DC. Mattituck coach was a hammerhead. Stand by my comment. Sorry if it offends you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Think you are confused. MD/DC schools don't allow HS coaches to coach at these things. Coaches are there but watching like everyone else. And not sure what you are referring to about a parent giving a ref the finger. We live in MD but daughter plays for Visitation which is in DC. Mattituck coach was a hammerhead. Stand by my comment. Sorry if it offends you."

I am confused as to why some anonymous Maryland lost is not on the Maryland thread but decides to troll this one. Does not offend me at all just the interactions myself and daughter have had with the Mattituck team have been all good. Did not get to see your game but obviously must have been fun to watch a high school that graduates about 100 kids ( boys and girls total) and has not had lacrosse for very long beat your #5 ranked team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Think you are confused. MD/DC schools don't allow HS coaches to coach at these things. Coaches are there but watching like everyone else. And not sure what you are referring to about a parent giving a ref the finger. We live in MD but daughter plays for Visitation which is in DC. Mattituck coach was a hammerhead. Stand by my comment. Sorry if it offends you."

I am confused as to why some anonymous Maryland lost is not on the Maryland thread but decides to troll this one. Does not offend me at all just the interactions myself and daughter have had with the Mattituck team have been all good. Did not get to see your game but obviously must have been fun to watch a high school that graduates about 100 kids ( boys and girls total) and has not had lacrosse for very long beat your #5 ranked team.

Ouch...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok?....

You are right...My bad.......still has another year of HS left too....so Mattituck could still be in play...

Westhampton can use another player, they have no issue with silly things like living in the district

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL. good one. Had we had our actual team there that may mean something. But since this is well, indoor, and in the middle of basketball season, we sent what we had available. I have no issue with the mattituck team. Just made a truthful statement that he coach spent 2/3 of the game out on the field yelling at the refs in a game no one really cares about.

Like Reply Quote
Page 120 of 213 1 2 118 119 120 121 122 212 213
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard