Originally Posted by Anonymous
Is there a place to view the Suffolk County 2019 Seedings?

Seedings for what? Suffolk classifications and schedules are based solely on enrollment - no power conferences, if that's what you mean.

Wrong. All NYS schools classifications are based on enrollment . In Suffolk the A division schools ( large schools) stay within their division for 14 of 16 games while the b,c,d division schools essentially form one division playing 14 of 16 games in that division. Those 14 games are decided based on your preseason seed with the higher seeded teams playing a greater number of the other higher ranked teams than a lower seeded team does. Here is where I may be mistaken but I believe in A it was NP, Riv, MC, SE, SW, WM. In B,C D I think it was ESM, Sinai, WB, BBP, WHB, WI, Matt. D1 is fairly weak and you end up w a lot of blowout games because after those 4 games the other teams really drop off . BCD is more competitive as this 6 games are all competitive then you have teams like RP, SWR, Sayville and a few others .

Pretty fair assessment. But you can't lump RP and SWR in with teams like Sayville. RP beat them 12-4 with all of their subs playing quality minutes. I'm not saying RP is a top club, they are not. But, they are definitely a mid-tier club. As is SWR. Sayville would be grouped with Bellport, EBP, KP and Copaige in the lower tier. Just my opinion, but the biggest difference between top, middle and lower tiers is the number of high caliber players (players that can take over a game). The top teams have 2-3 of those types of players. They are a defensive nightmare. Mid-tiers may have one of those and one or two very good complimentary players. Those bottom tier teams have no true elite level talent. I'm not saying there are not good players on those squads, there definitely are. But, they lack depth and the dominant game-changers.