BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,803
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 55 of 327 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You all play on the same team and your kids enjoy each other ,drop it already ,either shut your mouths and accept that people make mistakes or move on and join another club.Everyone knows there are too many kids on each team if some parent wants to put together a team to play at a tournament so be it. If my kid was not asked and really wanted to play have the courage to ask or put your own team in,stop whining

Sorry, it's not that simple. First, let me say, I do not even know if this happened or not. However, if the coach of one of the Yellow Jackets teams, during an off weekend, hand selected a team of players---from within his own Yellow Jackets team---to participate in a tournament, without extending an invitation to the entire team, that is a fireable offense.

That is a completely divisive thing to do, violates the very notion of being the head coach of a team by demonstrating outright favoritism and goes well beyond merely the appearance of a conflict of interest...he has an obligation to devote his coaching resources to the ENTIRE team, not just his top players.

Again, I do not even know if this happened, and frankly, I find it hard to believe that it did. But if it did, any organization with an ounce of organizational integrity would immediately recognize that a coach that did such a thing violated his duty and broke his trust with the rest of the team members and their parents. I cannot even imagine a planet that exists wherein the coach of my daughter's team would pull such a brazen and ill-advised stunt.

I'll say it one more time---this may not have even happened. But if it did, an apology is irrelevant. He divided his team, demonstrated favoritism, and used incredibly poor judgment. This is not an issue of playing time, the issue here is one of coaching resources...he allegedly offered some of the paying members of the team the additional opportunity for practice, play, and instruction, but not the rest of the team.

If it's true, it is indefensible and time for a new coach.

Or a new team.

First of all it is a fact!2016 Blue "DEFOE" has been doing it for years. I agree with you if a team is searching out addiitional tournaments there is absolutley nothing wrong with that! Now; I also believe the offer should be extended to the entire team. The problem here is NOTcoach Defoe this all spearheaded by one parent and NOT coach Defoe. She is very selfish woman and wants her child only playing with "high caliber" type players.

"BELL, BIV, DEFOE- now you know" can anyone name the song?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
"POISON" This is hilarious!!!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That girl is poison....."never trust a big butt and a smile"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by LaxDad#14

We have a winner!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by LaxDad#14

We have a winner!

No you have a Weiner. Haha

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me just say the way we played this past weekend was embarrassing. My loyalty is in question BIG TIME.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me just say the way we played this past weekend was embarrassing. My loyalty is in question BIG TIME.

Who is we? which team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who are we ?What were the reasons for the way you played in your opinion?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Someone's trying to cause trouble. Post your name if you are so brave.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

what team?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

what team?

2015 Blue LM

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
looks like there are two teams from the yellow jackets going to the U-15 National Championships. One team is listed as (1) and the other is listed as (2). Is this the Blue "A" and Blue "B" (formerly Gold)?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

what team?

2015 Blue LM
This is a Top Guns parent, don't "B" listening to Them

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
looks like there are two teams from the yellow jackets going to the U-15 National Championships. One team is listed as (1) and the other is listed as (2). Is this the Blue "A" and Blue "B" (formerly Gold)?

Team 1 is yj 15 blue and 2 is a combo of other teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

what team?

2015 Blue LM

How do you know? Maybe I’m tired of how the kids are coached and how they play. It’s was very different 5 to 6 years ago.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team 1 is yj 15 blue and 2 is a combo of other teams

Some of Defoe's team

Some of Defoe's team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes some of Defo's kids are on YJ Team II for U-15. What's your point? Good for them, they deserve it and Defo and the team mom had no hand in the selection process. Last year kids from 15 Blue filled out the 14 Blue roster for the U15 Championship and they won. I wish the dissatisfied and disillusioned Defo parent would stop bashing Defo in this forum and vote with your feet - leave YJ. I'm sure TG would be happy to have you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes some of Defo's kids are on YJ Team II for U-15. What's your point? Good for them, they deserve it and Defo and the team mom had no hand in the selection process. Last year kids from 15 Blue filled out the 14 Blue roster for the U15 Championship and they won. I wish the dissatisfied and disillusioned Defo parent would stop bashing Defo in this forum and vote with your feet - leave YJ. I'm sure TG would be happy to have you.

Wrong parent. I am happy for the kids and not a bashed. Just pointing out that regardless of the drama that has befallen that team recently there us some great talent. Sorry you mistook that post as an insult or something negative...to the contrary

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Let me just say the way we played this past weekend was embarrassing. My loyalty is in question BIG TIME.

what team?

2015 Blue LM

How do you know? Maybe I’m tired of how the kids are coached and how they play. It’s was very different 5 to 6 years ago.

Of course it was different 5 or 6 years ago, They were 9 years old!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Let me just say the way we played this past weekend was embarrassing. My loyalty is in question BIG TIME.

what team?

2015 Blue LM

Truly you’re correct and I had a good laugh. What I meant is that the coaching was all about skill back then and 2015 blue LM is very skilled and very good. It’s getting old to see very skilled girls go after their opponents via hacking at their hands, putting their sticks butt in their back or pushing to stop the clock or play. It getting old and I want to see a good game of LAX.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

With nasty obnoxious people/parents like you, you might be making a lot of sense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

what team?

2015 Blue LM

Truly you’re correct and I had a good laugh. What I meant is that the coaching was all about skill back then and 2015 blue LM is very skilled and very good. It’s getting old to see very skilled girls go after their opponents via hacking at their hands, putting their sticks butt in their back or pushing to stop the clock or play. It getting old and I want to see a good game of LAX.

The coaches of 2015 Blue A TEAM should be held accountable if they are promoting this kind of play. If your daughter is really on that team (big if), please shed some light on whether or not the coaches condone this behavior.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unfortunately I can't same the same for you. Your message makes no sense. What's so nasty or obnoxious about sticking up for the Defo kids making the U15 Disney squad or being tired of all the Defo bashing on this site? If you aren't happy on YJ Defo go play for another club or for YJ Blue II or Gold and you'll get plenty of playing time. This isn't youth or PAL lacrosse. It's competitive travel / Elite lacrosse and like all travel coaches, Defo dictates when and where your kid plays regardless of how much time and money you've invested. End of story. Can't deal, then walk. To be fair, Defo gives the kids pretty much equal playing time in showcases and in lopsided games. When you are in a Championship format then it's "Play to win". Best players play. Defo should have kept his best 11 field players on the field for the entire 2nd half against M&D at Nat. Draw. Poor guy was probably beaten down for having to apologize to parents for the misc. tournament mess and U-15 selection (both of which he didn't control) as well as for the crap he took from some parents after the 5-4 STEPS win for not giving all 23 girls equal time. He played to win. He losses to STEPS his team doesn't make playoffs. Period.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Defo should have kept his best 11 field players on the field for the entire 2nd half against M&D at Nat. Draw.

One of the primary reasons M&D won the National Draw is precisely because they played all 21 of their players in every game...including against the Yellow Jackets. Yeah, maybe if they had left their top 12 in for the entire second half against Yellow Jackets they could have won 6-2 instead of 6-4, but what's the point?

You need to win the game, but then you need to win the next one, and then the next one, and then the next one.

That's why M&D 2016 has been such an outstanding tournament team over the past couple years. Their second 11 are very good, they play a lot, and there are always girls with fresh legs.

Just like last weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was there a tryout?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Defo should have kept his best 11 field players on the field for the entire 2nd half against M&D at Nat. Draw.

One of the primary reasons M&D won the National Draw is precisely because they played all 21 of their players in every game...including against the Yellow Jackets. Yeah, maybe if they had left their top 12 in for the entire second half against Yellow Jackets they could have won 6-2 instead of 6-4, but what's the point?

You need to win the game, but then you need to win the next one, and then the next one, and then the next one.

That's why M&D 2016 has been such an outstanding tournament team over the past couple years. Their second 11 are very good, they play a lot, and there are always girls with fresh legs.

Just like last weekend.

Oh please. I have sent 3 girls through the Galaxy / YJ Elite lacrosse preogram before sending 2 to Div. I and 1 to a top Div. III program. Any athlete who can't handle a 12 minute running time half as a rising freshman should take a seat on the bench...M&D didn't win because they played 21 players equally. They won because they were the better team that weekend and kudos to the M&D coaches and management. Great club. That being said, I watched the M&D 14 and 13 loss at Nat. Draw and YJ 2014 Blue I win the Varsity Div. and not because M&D or YJ subbed or didn't subbed, but at this level it's "Any given Sunday"...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'll Tell you what. When everyone else posts their names so will I. I am not stupid and don't think you are either. My daughter still has to play. Let's just say some of the TG parents points have me thinking cause I saw it for myself. I don't want to start anything it's just not right to me the way some games were played that's all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are correct one of the reasons md won was bc of smart subbing not equal subbing , they have several girls who rarely come out of the close games, defo should have done the same

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am trying to find where anybody wrote "equal" subbing and I cannot. Moreover, 12 minutes should be no problem, you are right. However, the playoffs consisted of 4 24 minute games, that was the point.

Had Yellow Jackets played their top 12 for the entire second half, and had they won-a very big if-I think Suffolk County would have likely ended their day. As it was, M&D did sub frequently, and the intensity of that opening round game still left them vulnerable to Suffolk County.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are correct one of the reasons md won was bc of smart subbing not equal subbing , they have several girls who rarely come out of the close games, defo should have done the same

You guys have your gripes mixed up, it was the 2018 team that did not sub a single player and Dofoe team just left the subs at home to go play a tournament by themselves.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Same goes for 2017 Blue "Bert", in the past playoff/championship games this team started with better half of roster and were successful. At the Nat. Draw they didn't; and got an early ride home. I guess CR's memo didn't get to all of her teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My point exactly. All girls play in every game.

Now, if your goal is to merely beat a single team, then perhaps playing your top players for an entire game is a recipe for success. However, if your goal is to win an entire tournament against tough competition, minimal subbing is a recipe for an early exit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'll Tell you what. When everyone else posts their names so will I. I am not stupid and don't think you are either. My daughter still has to play. Let's just say some of the TG parents points have me thinking cause I saw it for myself. I don't want to start anything it's just not right to me the way some games were played that's all.

I agree, no need to give your name, but can you or your daughter answer this question, do the coaches of 2015 real blue promote the stick checks to the hand, stick buts to the opponent's back, etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Continuation of

"The coaches of 2015 Blue A TEAM should be held accountable if they are promoting this kind of play. If your daughter is really on that team (big if), please shed some light on whether or not the coaches condone this behavior".

It’s seems they’re other parents on this blog that feel the same. If I shed to much light on this subject, my daughter won’t be allowed to play. This is the age where the team is the team for all clubs, very few changes. The girls have the skills to plays. Unfortunately Pete M went overboard on his tactics. He’s a nice guy but doesn’t see the big picture on the future of the individual girls. He’s all for the moment and that’s Win Win Win. It’s very sad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of course they DO NOT promote this behavior

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Continuation of

"The coaches of 2015 Blue A TEAM should be held accountable if they are promoting this kind of play. If your daughter is really on that team (big if), please shed some light on whether or not the coaches condone this behavior".

It’s seems they’re other parents on this blog that feel the same. If I shed to much light on this subject, my daughter won’t be allowed to play. This is the age where the team is the team for all clubs, very few changes. The girls have the skills to plays. Unfortunately Pete M went overboard on his tactics. He’s a nice guy but doesn’t see the big picture on the future of the individual girls. He’s all for the moment and that’s Win Win Win. It’s very sad.

First of all, if you are making this stuff up, please stop.

Second, what does that mean, he "went overboard on his tactics"? Yes or no, is he promoting dirty play, in your opinion? Does he say, "knock them down, or hit their hands or slash them? or does he say "be aggressive, don't let them push you around, etc"? BIG DIFFERENCE

When a kid gets a yellow or red on his team for a dirty play, does he laugh and say "nice job" or does he say "let me show you what you did wrong". BIG DIFFERENCE

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
r u serious thinking a coach would promote this behavior I have heard him say stop swinging the sticks move yur feet and when they come off the field showing them what they are doing wrong do girls sometimes swing the stick or get called for an agressive play of coarse they do its the nature of the game. they play hard and they want to win. My daughter has been playing lacrosse a long time and i have stood on many of sidelines and listen to many people voice their opinions about the coaches and the girls and have always felt that it should be left on the field the refs should call a good game and the girls should play hard

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Continuation of

First of all, if you are making this stuff up, please stop.

Second, what does that mean, he "went overboard on his tactics"? Yes or no, is he promoting dirty play, in your opinion? Does he say, "knock them down, or hit their hands or slash them? or does he say "be aggressive, don't let them push you around, etc"? BIG DIFFERENCE

When a kid gets a yellow or red on his team for a dirty play, does he laugh and say "nice job" or does he say "let me show you what you did wrong". BIG DIFFERENCE

Or when one girl gets thrown out of a game for punching another player?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
r u serious thinking a coach would promote this behavior I have heard him say stop swinging the sticks move yur feet and when they come off the field showing them what they are doing wrong do girls sometimes swing the stick or get called for an agressive play of coarse they do its the nature of the game. they play hard and they want to win. My daughter has been playing lacrosse a long time and i have stood on many of sidelines and listen to many people voice their opinions about the coaches and the girls and have always felt that it should be left on the field the refs should call a good game and the girls should play hard

We all know there are clubs (and towns when it comes to schools) that are rougher than average. This goes across sports, not just lacrosse. So if the coaches aren't specifically promoting that style of play, then I think it's safe to say that they are encouraging the culture of rough play.

IME, all kids take the field to win, but not all stoop to cheap shots to better their prosects, so the argument that YJ play that way because they want to win is crap. Everyone wants to win.

The problem comes down to reffing. If the refs put up with that crap, then it perpetuates the problem. If the red cards start coming out then the cheap shots stop -- if only because those players are out of the game. Sitting on the sidelines, I have heard the conspiracy theories about CR influencing many things, including refs. That sounds farfetched to me, but after seeing the YJ step a player on the field today to avoid being offside, getting caught by the refs, and NO repercussions against them, I do begin to wonder.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am glad there are so many club teams that have started so there is something for everyone. what i want for my child I have found and am very happy hope you have fjound what makes your daughter happy i wish you well

Like Reply Quote
Page 55 of 327 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard