Originally Posted by Anonymous
r u serious thinking a coach would promote this behavior I have heard him say stop swinging the sticks move yur feet and when they come off the field showing them what they are doing wrong do girls sometimes swing the stick or get called for an agressive play of coarse they do its the nature of the game. they play hard and they want to win. My daughter has been playing lacrosse a long time and i have stood on many of sidelines and listen to many people voice their opinions about the coaches and the girls and have always felt that it should be left on the field the refs should call a good game and the girls should play hard

We all know there are clubs (and towns when it comes to schools) that are rougher than average. This goes across sports, not just lacrosse. So if the coaches aren't specifically promoting that style of play, then I think it's safe to say that they are encouraging the culture of rough play.

IME, all kids take the field to win, but not all stoop to cheap shots to better their prosects, so the argument that YJ play that way because they want to win is crap. Everyone wants to win.

The problem comes down to reffing. If the refs put up with that crap, then it perpetuates the problem. If the red cards start coming out then the cheap shots stop -- if only because those players are out of the game. Sitting on the sidelines, I have heard the conspiracy theories about CR influencing many things, including refs. That sounds farfetched to me, but after seeing the YJ step a player on the field today to avoid being offside, getting caught by the refs, and NO repercussions against them, I do begin to wonder.