Originally Posted by Anonymous
Don't forget that a few years ago Team 91 and True Blue were either just starting out or didn't even exist. What makes these two teams is that they have great chemistry because they really have not changed their rosters in two years.
fl$ constantly changes their rosters...last year's team was not great either. I'm sure they will change it up again...it's hard to get things going without ample practices and constant upheavals.

I'm not sure that's true about constantly changing the roster.I heard , many kids on fl$ lite , make the 6th grade team. You know, A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush, money-wise that is.Why take the chance with a new kid when you know last years kid is going to pay such a high team fee. And Hey , why not take all the try-out fee's and use the cash for existing kids lax helmets.Lets see, $125.00 try out fee could = a new helmet! Could it be??? I hope not. But then, why charge so much for a try out ?

Why does F L $ charge so much $$$ ?

If you can't afford it, find another team. Stop wasting everyones time with the constant whining about the cost. Go back to the hole you live in but stop the constant complaining.

Thanks so much Manhasset/Garden City/Cold Spring Harbor parent for your elitist comment about affording to play summer lacrosse. Maybe, just maybe - the reason why so many people have the same complaint is because the program is no longer about For the Love of the Game it's now about the money.