Originally Posted by Anonymous
I heard fl$ may do tryouts next year for their younger teams (3rd, 4th, and 5th grade) teams and try to compete with the stronger teams (91, Express, Igloo, etc.). Does anyone know if that's true?

I heard they better do something over there... 2017, 2018, and 2019 teams cannot beat top teams in their age groups. A far cry from the U-15 champ team a few years ago. Parents unhappy, no training, lack luster coaching, one practice a week , etc. many top players looking elsewhere for next year.

ummm, news flash, 2017 fl$ just won the NXT cup down in Philly

I really don't understand why people are so down on fl$, fl$ has always stated that they are there to help better the players, to play fair, to provide playing time. I would think that a parent would rather have their child play with an organization that will let them play than be one of those players who sit on the sideline and only play when the team is crushing their opponent. I would be more concerned if the HS level of fl$ was not competitive, that is the age that really matters and when the players get noticed.

The fl$ players and parents are some of the best, overall, in attitude and behavior. They may not win all the time, but they sure have fun and get along outside of the LAX field.

I agree with what you are saying but some people are under the impression because you win a tournament with light competition doesn’t make you a top long Island program from a completive stand point. Anytime fl$ meets up with a high level program they lose. Philly was not a competitive tournament. All the top teams were in Maryland.