Originally Posted by Anonymous
Anyone have thoughts on how the NESCAC and other high academic D3 schools will handle recruiting for the 21 class if the summer club season does not play out ?

Most of the high academic schools are working their lists now. My daughter has been on some visits this winter and spring. All say they can't or won't offer spots until they see junior grades. Some have made it clear (without an actual promise yes I know) that she has a spot if she wants it come July. Assuming grades and test scores hold up. Others have been less concrete, saying they like her a lot but since they can't offer spots til July anyway, they will watch HS and Summer games, and late spring camps. Now that HS games are all on hold and seasons may be cancelled, I guess it depends on how much they saw of a kid before the shutdown. If they had a good look in the fall or last summer, or at a camp early this spring, they may not need another look. I imagine it will be tougher for kids who are just emailing D3 coaches fresh at this point. But a lot of these schools were still filling in spots in the 2020 class this winter, so like everyone else, what the heck do I know?

Also, I bet spots (some, not a ton) may open at a lot of programs. Girls who have committed far from home may decommit if COVID19 ends up affecting their families. A season or a year without lacrosse may lead some girls and families to prioritize other things. Some may not miss it that much.