Originally Posted by Anonymous
My experience going through the process with a 2020 is that don't read too much into camp invites. Most are money grabs and are sent out in bulk to players. If a coach is interested, especially with the Sept 1 emails, they will ask for a phone call with your daughter or a specific invite to a Fall Play Day/Overnight visits. I do think Prospect Days were helpful. My daughter selected several schools she was interested in and attended their Prospect Days with interest and offers from each. If your daughter is not committed by November, Presidents Cup is a great Showcase for recruitment. Coach's will come out to see your daughter play if she emails coaches her schedule and they have a need at the position. Good Luck!

My experience going through the process with a 2020 is that don't read too much into camp invites. Most are money grabs and are sent out in bulk to players. If a coach is interested, especially with the Sept 1 emails, they will ask for a phone call with your daughter or a specific invite to a Fall Play Day/Overnight visits. I do think Prospect Days were helpful. My daughter selected several schools she was interested in and attended their Prospect Days with interest and offers from each. If your daughter is not committed by November, Presidents Cup is a great Showcase for recruitment. Coach's will come out to see your daughter play if she emails coaches her schedule and they have a need at the position. Good Luck!

I see a few girls are starting to commit, that should start to get things moving. When a highly recruited player commits, 30-40 schools that were hopeful, all cross them off their list and 30-40 spots open up. That’s a huge trickle down effect from one player taken off the board, then apply that to 5 players, 10 players..... Coaches will hold out on offers that they put out on the first wave players as long as they can, but once the ball gets rolling, the whole process will open up greatly.

I think 30-40 schools is a bit aggressive, but we get your point...stay proactive.

I agree, 30-40 schools is a bit aggressive. Most of the top players will narrow it down to 3 - 5 schools. For the most part the top 30 - 40 players will be aggressively recruited by the top 10 - 20 programs. Not that all the other programs will not recruit the top players but what I have seen over the years is that the large majority of top players choose to go to the top programs.

If a school is talking to your daughter but not offering a spot it is most likely because the coaches have other players ranked higher than your daughter. This is not a random process, the coaches know how many spots they are trying to fill and they know what their priorities are Goalie, Lefty, defensive player etc... but for the most part the top programs are looking for the best athletes. Where a coach ranks your daughter on their list today can and will change tomorrow. Every time a player commits the other coaches have to move on to new players.

Just as the players have their top 5 schools and top 10 schools, the coaches have their top tier list, second tier list etc... And just as players will string along their fall back schools while trying to strike a deal with their top choices, the coaches do the same exact thing, stringing along interest of second and third tier kids while they try to land the top tier. It is a safety dance where players both win some and lose some and coaches win some and lose some.

. The same way some kids are not realistic, some coaches are not. And many coaches using this for a money making machine!