Originally Posted by Anonymous
If there is going to be a second surge of interest, as the top 25 programs realize that they will not get all of the top girls they wanted, it can't happen soon enough in my opinion. All summer I was thinking that this process would be over before the November tournaments. There are girls holding offers and anxiously hoping that their top schools, or schools higher on their lists, will contact them. At some point, their hands will be forced. At the same time, there are very strong schools (at least academically) that appear to be getting off to a very, very slow start with the process. My 2c is that this leads to a lot of decommitting and poaching down the road. The Stanfords of the world have done a very good job of locking up talent quickly.

Hopefully this helpful... My experience and how it was explained to us by coaches during this process was that they grouped players in three tiers of 10-15 each. As first tier players committed, they moved second to first and third to second. If you have not been told where you stand and/or have not had semi-regular and/or no contact, you are in group 3 or not on their list. You can certainly wait and see what happens, but I would widen my net asap. If you have offers from schools on your list, make sure you are clear on their expectations on when they want an answer. Some will wait, but not forever. From the commitments I have seen on this site, inside lacrosse and what my daughter feeds me from social media, a large percentage of the top 40 on the Inside Lacrosse list are committed as well as a couple of dozen really good players not on the list (the list is just that, not the final say on a kid's talent). Teams are generally deep into their tier 1 and working tier 2 players at this juncture. If you still are not active with those top schools, again, widen your net.

How do you widen the net now? Do you tell a coach you are suddenly interested? This is a serious question.

I see nothing wrong with that. The coaches are doing the exact same thing. Players they told were second or third tier are going to get more attention, e-mails, phone calls and offers to come on an un-official/official visit. I would go back over your list and engage/re-engage to see where there is interest. I would re-assess all the contact received so far and engage. It is a numbers game, the more schools you contact, the more options you will have. It will also give you a more clear picture where you stand with each school. Knowing that is half the battle. It is also a time to reflect on what is most important with your daughter. The assessment criteria for selecting a school should include more than Lacrosse. If she absolutely wants to play no matter the school, there is a place for her somewhere. If school size, location, ranking and other criteria are very important, that will help focus your search. Most important is to stay positive, it will help your daughter be the same. Good luck, I hope she finds a great fit.

Excellent, encouraging and spot on... Thank you.

I should add that when you send e-mails, send video and/or link to a recruiting page you created. It costs money, but consider getting to any fall and winter camps they offer. Send them your fall schedule when you have it.