Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
By my estimate (based on a ton of research) approx. 500 girls from the 2021 class have verbally committed. I would put schools in three (maybe obvious) tiers
Tier 1 - mostly / totally done, perhaps room for one more (ACC, BIG 10, most Ivies, top of Pac12 and Big East, and most other top 30 schools)
Tier 2 - next group of schools that have gotten after recruiting - maybe another 20 - 30 schools that have 3 - 5 recruits
Tier 3 - just starting, 0-2 recruits, approx 50 - 60 D1 schools
so depending on what your are shooting for, its currently anywhere from a tight squeeze to lots of room available ...

You did a ton of research? There are 117 D1 programs. Tier 3 is half the programs, Tier 2 brings you to 90 schools. So based on your research most programs are just starting recruitment????

I would say the Top Tier or Tier 1 programs are the teams / programs that finish the year in the Top 20 every year. Tier 2 or second tier programs are the programs that are competitive and finish in the Top 20 from time to time. Tier 3 programs are developing programs.

Hopefully as the sport continues to grow we will see more programs become stronger. As of now, the strongest 10 - 20 programs tend to bring is the best talent. West coast schools along with Colorado and Denver are becoming more and more competitive and Arizona State will continue to improve. Until there is more talent available the second and third tier east coast schools will continue to struggle. The best players will be given opportunities at the best programs as well as at the "sexy, cool, different" schools (Colorado, USC, Stanford, ASU etc...). Michigan will also become a major player.

Tier 1 teams 2020.... IMHO

Maryland
North Carolina
Boston College
Northwestern
Syracuse
Virginia
Princeton
Notre Dame
Florida
Penn
Penn State
Duke
Stony Brook
Loyola
Hopkins
Georgetown
JMU
Stanford
USC
Denver

Who else?? Michigan? Dartmouth? Virginia Tech? Colorado? Hofstra? Towson? Navy?