Originally Posted by Anonymous
Which 2028 team is winning WSYL? I know rebels made an agreement to stick together until they win it. But now that the ship has sailed....... any new contenders?

This truly is a ridiculous question, the honest answer would have to be 91, express or Legacy as they are the “big name” teams that kids gravitate towards to “win championships”. The main hurdle that the 2 of them (I’m sure express will get better), is will they be able to pull the top talent from playing with their “friends” (travel teams consisting of mostly 1-2 towns).

If Long Island 2028 put out a team like Illinois does (the best of all go on one team that team would be unstoppable, but there are too many parents making money and too many cliques going on to that most kids aren’t going to move.

I would love to see an “all star” team of 91, express, FLG, Igloo, Legacy, Rebels, R U S H, the turtles and the kids who only play with their town teams, join one of these “AAA” tournaments, but I politically don’t see a team like that ever coming to fruition. It would be fun to watch though