Originally Posted by Anonymous
They are in 4th grade and half the team does compete in soccer. Yes, at some point they will have to choose, but it is not at this age--hence why my son doesn't play for express or 91. Its the off season for lax. Soccer coach gets the same treatment in the spring as the lax coach does in the fall. after 6th will pick one. So it does affect teams that are not solely focused on winning the 4th grade championship... 9 kids off a 24 man roster is more than dilutive and Next Man up. Save it... My fourth time down this pike. 1 D1, one who dropped it, one tracking nicely and my 4th grader who could make an play on any team out there right now. Enjoy your tournament. See you in the Spring.

Love the 'Holier than thou, been there, done that' types. It appears your math is off (half of 24 is 12) but, as you say, since 9 of your Superstar's teammates aren't available, it's best for the other 15 to sit home and wonder why they can't win without the soccer kids. Please tell us which team your Messi/Rabil prodigy plays on so all his teammates know they are in the presence of greatness: a 4th Grader who can make and play on any team out there. Thank you so much for sparing us this Fall, we'll be quaking when you finally unleash him in the Spring.