I've silently watched this thread for the last few weeks- and it's disgusting that the Rebels/ Turtles discussion keeps popping up! Time to set the record straight and I'll happily use my name, unlike others. Patti Stein here- Mom of the Smithtown goalie who is staying at the Rebels. Our town Smithtown Coach brought the 10 of us to Rebels last year. 6 of the 10 Smithtown kids were starters for the Rebels. Some behind the scenes stuff happened between our town coach and the Rebels organization which is none of anyone's business. He is not a fan of the organization and is entitled to his opinion & feelings. With 4 of his 10 kids not happy with playing time, the opportunity to go be a Starter on a new team- The Turtles is a great fit for them. The other 4 starters all have their personal reasons for going, and everyone needs to respect that and move on!! As far as my reason for staying at the Rebels, it's not about the $$! My son was on scholarship from Day 1 at the Rebels & would have been on scholarship at the Turtles if we chose to move there. The 3 Coaches at the Rebels were AMAZING this year. My son referred to one Coach as the best he's ever had, and another as his favorite. Most importantly, they are great human beings! The Rebels were delayed in getting equipment and bags to us in a timely manner, but that has been addressed with the owner, and should be fixed in the future- That was not reason enough for me to leave. My son will continue playing for his town coach & with those 8 other kids on his Team Smithtown Team. Leave these 8 & 9 year old boys alone, and go find the right organization & team for your son!!! I have never been more sure about my decision & am excited for my son's future as a Rebel with these amazing Coaches and boys smile