Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Starters or not does not mean a thing at this age. None of this matters really. The truth of the matter is the Rebels had and are still having a great year. The kids on the field are the ones doing the work (although the Rebels pay the coaches Bonus money based on the 9 year old's performance, which I find disturbing and unethical). Those who are leaving (most start and all play and contribute) are doing so to play for their coach who has been with them for 3 years. There are many talented kids on the Rebels who are staying and I am sure they will be fine. The truth is they will have a different look and the 7 Smithtown kids will go to the Turtles and have other teammates and be fine. Also the truth is the Rebels will no longer be practicing in Smithtown and have already had to change their location to an indoor space or a church because they were told they are not permitted on the Smithtown Town fields. I really wish people would stop bashing 9 year old kids and their lacrosse ability. Athletes in all sports move around every year especially in the club/travel world because it unfortunately has become a business where the teams make big money and the coaches get paid. Enough already about these two teams. Please allow them to finish the year without the BS and then all go and do what they feel is best for their kids. Those who have bashed the moms on the Rebels then come on here and act like 13 year old middle schoolers and post obnoxious comments about looks and appearance. You are the ones who should really be embarrassed. Good luck to all teams the rest of the way and next year wherever your child may be playing. Please remember they are 9 and they are playing a game..

Can you elaborate on coaches being paid bonus money? You saying they get paid based on the team's results? I hope you're wrong about that.

What is the bonus structure like? How was this established - was it during the initial practices in the Fall when the Coach said your tuition only covered practices and showing up to games, if you wanted to Win, you would need to pay him more. This changes the whole salary structure of Travel lacrosse. If you wanted your kid to play more, could you pay him for that too? Ideally, they could grab multiple revenue streams from you gullible parents: tuition, extra training, extra playing time, and extra wins. Everybody gets better and everyone wins. WOW - makes me want to move to Smithtown, where they treat their 9 year old Travel lacrosse Coaches like NBA Free Agents.