@BackOfTheCAGE
Use this thread to discuss the Boys 2028-3rd Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 Season
who are the top teams in this age group?
Let the journey begin! Seems to me more of a bias for kids to stay in house with more robust town programs operating year round then a few years back with my older son when there were only a few towns that offered year round opportunities at this age. Certainly more $ efficient assuming there are enough good coaches in the town.
Who knows mostly all new teams. If had to guess:
91AA
Igloo
Express
Rebels
91A/fl$
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Who knows mostly all new teams. If had to guess:
91AA
Igloo
Express
Rebels
91A/fl$

First of all saying any of these teams are top is a joke. These kids are going into 3rd grade. 2nd the Rebels is brand new so what Could you possibly be basing this on? The organization doesn’t even have a history!
They are only in 3rd grade , I guaranteed parents still tie laces on there cleats for practice and some still wet there bed once in awhile and your asking who the top team is . Unreal . Go pay $2,500 also 3rd grade lacrosse was never that much money for this age group the jump started at 4th grade .
easy big fella
I think at this stage they are all pretty even. next year the dispersed talent will start coming together on different teams forming real strong vs. average teams...
pick the best coach! that is the deciding factor.
i agree, coaching is very important
Who are the coaches for these teams ??
They are only in 3rd grade , I guaranteed parents still tie laces on there cleats for practice and some still wet there bed once in awhile and your asking who the top team is . Unreal . Go pay $2,500 also 3rd grade lacrosse was never that much money for this age group the jump started at 4th grade .

91 is asking 3K for that age group.
91-Massapequa Dads...
Igloo-Manhasset Dads , one played at umass other guy in Rockaway hot dog eating contest fl$-Corey Winkoff, played at Penn and proprietor of fl$, and Sachem Head Coach
Need honest opinions of TrueBlue and Hitmen. I have heard good things about both and both have practice locations close to me. This will be my son’s first year of travel Lacrosse and want it to be a positive experience. Thanks.
Don’t waste your money on either one. Let your son play for his town travel team,you will get the same training for a fraction of the price.
What about express & Legacy? Who are the coaches for those teams?
We don’t have a town travel team, only PAL in the spring. My son plays PAL but wants to play more.

TB or Hitmen are our options and I’m looking for feedback on each to help us select the right one.
Originally Posted by MommaMaple
We don’t have a town travel team, only PAL in the spring. My son plays PAL but wants to play more.

TB or Hitmen are our options and I’m looking for feedback on each to help us select the right one.

Express with Coach Orielly. Look him up on Storm Lacrosse

Coach Cat from Adelphi is coaching the 2028s. I heard they have a good group. The have some really good older teams.
We will be going with TB. Thanks for the feedback.
is true blue going to be a combo team 2028/2029?
unless you are a Massapequa kid.. TB is not the place for you, unless you are a stud, then it don't matter..
Many kids outside of Massapequa made the TB teams, across all age groups. I spoke to a bunch of the parents in this age group during tryouts and not many were from Massapequa. I found most to be from Seaford, Bellmore and Wantagh areas.

Why do you say that TB is not the place for kids outside of Massapequa? The coaches and "owners" seem great and practice locations are very convenient to many towns.

Combo team? Not sure, the registration page lists 2028 specifically.

Feedback on this forum...I find it funny that this is a fully moderated forum but yet the Admins allow people to post anonymously. Admins should require registration.

Are you in Suffolk County? Mayve you want to try the new team out there Epic Jokers in Wading River.
If your just starting in club its an affordable option at $1350-

Are you in Suffolk County? Mayve you want to try the new team out there Epic Jokers in Wading River.
If your just starting in club its an affordable option at $1350-

Yup. Prior Mamaz Boyz coach formed it.
Tryouts are tomorrow and Tuesday in evening. Plus the following week as well.
All info should be on the Epic Jokers website.
I'm in Wantagh. Already mentioned that I was looking for feedback to help choose between Hitmen and TB. We decided to go with TB. Thanks.
what's the first tournament of the fall?
Did true blue get enough kids for true blue north (LI north shore, nassau)? I thought they were trying to expand their footprint of where they draw from--I imagine not, but curious to know.
what's the first tournament of the fall?

Halloween Havoc (Holtsville) October 14th
Blatant Fall Jam (S. Huntington) October 20th
Octoberfest Tournament (Uniondale) October 27th
Now that practice has started why is there still big secret about tution cost not posted on websites , everyone forgot a month ago complaining with all the ridiculous prices. Anyone have a list of prices for clubs ? Make it public don’t let them increase it again another $500 next year. I bet suckers will pay again next year !!
Now that practice has started why is there still big secret about tution cost not posted on websites , everyone forgot a month ago complaining with all the ridiculous prices. Anyone have a list of prices for clubs ? Make it public don’t let them increase it again another $500 next year. I bet suckers will pay again next year !!

What’s your angle here? You’ve posted this on every age board. Guessing a owner of a weak club desperate for numbers.
which day is this age group playing on in the halloween havoc tournament?
Download the tourney machine app. Schedules rarely go up more than a week in advance. Younger teams usually play early.

Historically with most tournaments 7th grade and up play Sunday and 6th and under play Sat

Website says 10/13
thanks but do you know if its sat or sunday?

Really??

Do you own a calendar?
Nice reply PlayLax, just asking if the tournament was the 13th or 14th.
Nice reply PlayLax, just asking if the tournament was the 13th or 14th.

Open your eyes.
You asked what day.
You were told the 13th.
Then you asked if it was Sat or Sun.
So everyone is saying whats wrong with you.
Now your asking if its the 13th or 14th.
Like what????
Do you forget everything you do, say, and read???
Time for you to see a dr
Having the Halloween Havoc tournament on Halloween is a great idea. Home the teams come in costume. Will be so much fun. Wonder if everyone will go trick or treating together after? Spooktacular!
halloween havoc tournament schedule is out on tourney machine
The first tournament is Monday. Express, Legacy, rebels and H’s
THE LUMBERJAX TAKE IT
They played very well. LI rebels was good, Express stunk, and H’s was good for a town team.
What town were H's? Half Hollow Hills or Harborfields/Huntington?
H's lax Club out of the Port Washington area
What town were H's? Half Hollow Hills or Harborfields/Huntington?

Port Washington I believe
its the pseudo-club team for Port Washington.
does express have an A team in this age group?
Pretty sure it just says Express on the jersey's no letter denomination follows...
does express have an A team in this age group?

They only have one team. Had to restart the team since the coach left for 91.
Which coach left?
Didn't Channey coach this group last year? This Express team stunk...
Didn't Channey coach this group last year? This Express team stunk...

Yes he did coach a 2028 team for them last year, I agree with you, that team looked rough, I felt bad for the kids/parents. Another thing is rebels didn’t play in this tournament rebels did
Which coach left?

pequa Coach
Big changes are coming at True Blue.
for the better hopefully...
Only one way to go for True Blue...up.
Why do the admins keep changing R U S H to rebels?
Legacy won the Halloween Havoc, 2 tournaments in 6 days, we’ll done Lumberjacks
while being blanked 5-0 to 91 in legacys 3rd game yesterday
Which makes the Championship win that much more impressive. Turning around a 5-0 loss into a 7-5 W in the Championship. I’m sure those two teams will play a couple more times over the course of the year, should be fun.
Which makes the Championship win that much more impressive. Turning around a 5-0 loss into a 7-5 W in the Championship. I’m sure those two teams will play a couple more times over the course of the year, should be fun.

Gotta love those 91 moms.... Yelling and verbally abusing 3rd graders during a game. They should be so proud
that legacy kid was dirty and came off the field crying because they lost, not because of any mom yelling at him
Can’t we all get along! Really it’s he said she said. I really don’t think parents would be that cruel to a third grader! God I hope not.
Can’t we get all along!! Do you really think parents would be taunting a 3rd grader???
It’s all he said she said. I just hope it’s not true cause that’s very uneducated and tasteless thing to do!!!
Hey D.O the shrimp looked good!!!
Impressed by the Rebels team this past weekend. Is that team all Smithtown or are there outside kids on the team as well?
there was a 2028 guy on rebels (he's prob at least 10, LOL) using a long pole... what's the usual deal there? i thought that may be a bit young?
A guy? I think they had a few poles and used them well. And it wasn't one stud beating everyone, the team played well. Hats off at this stage of their development. Igloo did not appear to be up to igloo general standards.
A guy? I think they had a few poles and used them well. And it wasn't one stud beating everyone, the team played well. Hats off at this stage of their development. Igloo did not appear to be up to igloo general standards.

That is igloos second team, Legacy’s 2028 team also plays with poles
Impressed by the Rebels team this past weekend. Is that team all Smithtown or are there outside kids on the team as well?

That is the best formula for success for new clubs. Develop the younger ages. Winning and having the best team is what produces revenue.
Umm, great formula... where did you ever come up with that? I can't believe no club has thought of that before.

You have to have lemons to make lemonade...where and how did they assemble the core to do that. Most good town programs are better than their travel counterparts till about 4th grade. At that point the clubs can upgrade their rosters and have practiced together for longer. At that point only the very best town team or two can compete. Different story in the early years.
fl$ must be making a comeback, they had a good showing. who else was in that bracket?
Igloo should drop that team - they stunk
Rebels, Massapequa, Outlaws +guests, Igloo(b i'm told), Team LI +guests.
How is it and why that my son is on a team, that we tried out for , made and paid for along with 20 odd other players yet the program directors think it is ok to invite guest players to join us for a tournament that have NO interest in ever playing for us taking time away from our boys. Really, do we think this is ok and acceptable? Outlaws, Team LI, any response? Outlaws?
How is it and why that my son is on a team, that we tried out for , made and paid for along with 20 odd other players yet the program directors think it is ok to invite guest players to join us for a tournament that have NO interest in ever playing for us taking time away from our boys. Really, do we think this is ok and acceptable? Outlaws, Team LI, any response? Outlaws?

I think its fine to call out a club for such BS tactics. But I also think its weird that you wouldn't say anything to them at the time or directly. This is not some brand new lax happening. Either step up fast to address it or suffer the consequences. Clubs are terrible at informing the paying clients (parents) on personnel moves. Any other business, you'd take your $ and kid elsewhere. Yet always a tolerant group are these lax parents.
Thank you. I wanted to make sure I wasn't being unreasonable in my thinking first. Do some parents or coaches really think its THAT important to win a 3rd grade lacrosse game?? Are their egos that fragile?
my son plays travel lacrosse at this level... there is a new kid on the team (it feels like) all the time. If you are appropriately schooled, then you should have a 2010 birthday for a 2028 team. I look at the roster, and there are 2007, 2008 and 2009... this is a bizarre sport where parents feel the need to have kids 2-3 yrs older in the age group
Agree, though my son is DEC 2009...
Which team are you specifically referring to? Outlaws? Did you expect anything different from that band of unscrupulous businessman ?
LI Lax Club is a class act and could care less about winning at Blatant-they just needed some extra kids.
What’s on tap for Mustang classic tomorrow?? Favorites??
I know FH elite and H’s are good, I’m pretty sure that Smithtown will compete. Any info on Wolfpack, or predators 2028?
This is certainly the most 2028 teams that have been in a tournament on the Island. It should be interesting to see who prevails. My question is are they randomly separated or is red or white the competetive bracket?
What’s on tap for Mustang classic tomorrow?? Favorites??

A Westchester team came in and ran table (won the champioship 11-0), 91 White won the other bracket (no serious competition).

Honest question and not trying to stir the pot, but what happened to that Express team? They are 1-7 vs 2028 squads so far and most of the games have been ugly.
Red and white were randomly separated. There were a ton of teams due to the Tristar tournament cancelation. Express stinks bc last yr they took 40 kids for one team, promised a second team, and never built one. This year- many parents of quality players left. Didn’t you see the express helmets at tryouts. So they reloaded w newer players.
Red and white were randomly separated. There were a ton of teams due to the Tristar tournament cancelation. Express stinks bc last yr they took 40 kids for one team, promised a second team, and never built one. This year- many parents of quality players left. Didn’t you see the express helmets at tryouts. So they reloaded w newer players.

The coach took a lot of the team to 91. And Nice saying that a bunch of 8 year olds stink.
which coach are you referring to from express?
Wasn't Chan the coach?
where did he go?
Wasn't Chan the coach?

The Coach that was there for all the practices and tourneys left and went to 91.
name or initials please
name or initials please

You are not with 91 or on the Express last season so it’s kinda moot. Coach left, happens all the time. It’s the reason Express had to rebuild the roster this year.
MVR-solid guy
Who are the Hammerheads in this age group?
A mix of good people.
a mix of good people from where?
North Shore-Manhasset, LV, CSH, Hunt, Harborfields, Hills
They have a very tough matchup for their first game.
Sure do. Gonna be tough for new group to get together and play w Orange
What happened at the brawl??
What happened at the brawl??

91 orange beat Hammerheads 6-5 in the championship
and tied 3-3 in the opener...

and tied it 6-6 at the buzzer, but apparently a half second too late...

91 is not all that.

Hammerheads were a group thrown together with no practices, F/O by committee and kids rotating positions. If they play together again, future looks bright.

Congrats to 91. Win is a win.
sore lost
I know you are used to just drawing pictures to communicate, but in 91 speak what does "sore lost" mean? I assume "sore lost" is what you meant. Yes, guilty as charged, no ranting, whining or yelling at the refs though. A loss is a loss too. Our boys lost. Life goes on.
i think he meant sore lost. i'm sure you'll have some hammerheads trying out for 91 next year though. these kids are 8, the comment that 91 isn't all that wasn't very nice
why would they? Agreed. Sorry. usually their teams are head and shoulders above local competition. I would not say that is the case yet.
Actually only 3 kids came over.
2 on the A team and 1 on the AA team.
That’s it.
There are 5 kids on the 91A team and 4 on the 91 AA team. I was one of the guys who started the Hammerheads. We did it at the end of our 91 season last year cause we wanted to keep playing. So we added a few friends and had a blast! We had to replace a few players cause they could not make it or because we were playing against them. And our new kids played amazing! That’s it!
2 great games against 91! Matched up well!
Very proud of both teams!!!!
i saw legacy/igloo/91 helmets on the hammerheads. it was like 91 AA vs everyone else
No lecacy
There are 5 kids on the 91A team and 4 on the 91 AA team. I was one of the guys who started the Hammerheads. We did it at the end of our 91 season last year cause we wanted to keep playing. So we added a few friends and had a blast! We had to replace a few players cause they could not make it or because we were playing against them. And our new kids played amazing! That’s it!

why
Why??!?! I say, Why not??!?!! #laxislife
who started the hammerheads?
Some hammerhead... smile
Rebels.... hahhhahahha You can't be serious.
Rebels.... hahhhahahha You can't be serious

They are not competitive at every age, but they'll keep telling little Johnny that they're an A team..
Outlaws culture successful transferred to rebels...Outlaws with red helmets. They found the Smithtown Mom's with the back tatoo's and foul mouths to enlist in their hype.
Blatant Spring Jam on Tourney Machine
Looks Good
No 91 But best of the rest on Island
It is great to see so many teams signed up, it should be fun to watch. Why is 91 in a b bracket? It would be understandable if the other team was entered, but this seems like just trying to play down, express and s2s are signed up in the A , and they had a rough fall.

I don’t know anything about the jersey teams but I’d have to say the favorites are legacy and 91
I have a feeling the other 91 team team will enter the tournament
what teams are entering next weekends tournamant?
i know empire and 91 are doing the summer faceoff
I'm predicting 91 will be going to WSYL when the time comes. At this time you can already see the kids that will be the top players on the Island and in H.S.
i heard the 91 kids at 2028 were already getting offers from D1 schools
My son plays for 91 and our HS varsity coach has his eye on him already. If he continues to play for 91 by 11 grade he should have some D1 offers. Hits the wall for 45 mins per day, It's never too early to prepare. He's stoked!
My son plays for 91 and our HS varsity coach has his eye on him already. If he continues to play for 91 by 11 grade he should have some D1 offers. Hits the wall for 45 mins per day, It's never too early to prepare. He's stoked!

You're joking right???? You're talking about a 9 year old
Yes they are definitely joking. Numerous strong players scattered across all clubs and studs not playing travel at all yet. Trust me, seen this rodeo twice already... No knock on 91, they too have some great 3rd grade players...
that's total baloney... i heard the coaches from Express, 91 and Igloo. According to them, if you start w them in 2/3rd grade (which in lax years could be 7-11yrs old) - you will definitely be getting D1 offers by 8th/9th grade
Top tier teams in the area
2Way

Next tier (in no particular order))
Rebels
Legacy
91 Venom
Igloo Northmen
R U S H
Greenwich
BBL Black
very fair assessment at this stage - however, i would rank as

1. 2Way
2. Legacy
3. 91 Venom
4. Rebels
5. Igloo Northmen
6. BBL Black
7. Greenwich
8. R U S H

Next tier
express
express north
S2S
Igloo Polar Caps
91 Havoc
BBL Helix
i think 91 and legacy will battle it out all summer, they are a good match up
Igloo, Legacy, Rebels, 91 are 4 very talented teams. Crazy talent at this age group on Long Island, going to be fun watching these teams battle it out. Got to watch the 2-way team first hand and wow that team really is in a category of its own right now.
very fair assessment at this stage - however, i would rank as

1. 2Way
2. Legacy
3. 91 Venom
4. Rebels
5. Igloo Northmen
6. BBL Black
7. Greenwich
8. R U S H

Next tier
express
express north
S2S
Igloo Polar Caps
91 Havoc
BBL Helix

Seems like a good list, the only thing I would question would be Express, S2S and Polar Caps, they’ve had some pretty rough showings so far and the only team I’d add to the next tier list would be Empire and LILC, then again depending on what kids are available to borrow from other teams the Hammerheads could be one of the top teams
You are ranking 3rd grade teams. You guys have a long way to go. Best kids haven’t even picked up a stick yet. Your 3rd grade studs will be passed quickly by kids that grow faster!
Madlax was caught cheating in the Maryland spring league. They had a team with 5th and 6th graders and put them in a division just for 5th graders. Got called out during the playoffs and were disqualified.

So not only do they have reclassed kids on every team, they illegally play down.
14 3rd grade teams playing this weekend. June is upon us
You are ranking 3rd grade teams. You guys have a long way to go. Best kids haven’t even picked up a stick yet. Your 3rd grade studs will be passed quickly by kids that grow faster!

That's a silly statement, what are you basing this on?
2way
91 venom
Legacy
Hammerheads
Igloo
Bbl
Rebel’s
91 havoc
LI lax club

Tier 2

Greenwhich
rebels
Express north
Bbl helix
Empire
Express
S2S

Genetics! Take a quick look at the fathers.
Sorry rebels below Greenwich not Rebel’s
2way
91 venom
Legacy
Hammerheads
Igloo
Bbl black
Rebel’s
91 havoc
LI lax club

Tier 2
Greenwich
rebels
Express north
Bbl Helix
Empire
Express
S2S
rebels below Greenwhich
For whatever odd reason whenever you write R U S H they autocorrect it on this forum to rebel
Rebels blow. And those Mom's are sloppy and obnoxious as it gets. Those poor husbands...
2Way and Rebels both add another championship this weekend. 91 Venom and R U S H with good showings.
looking forward to watching 91 venom vs Rebels on saturday. any predictions?
Rebels Dad is drinking the Koolaid
i don't think they could hang with 91
It will be chaos in 91 world if they lose again
looking forward to watching 91 venom vs Rebels on saturday. any predictions?

5-5 draw
Rebels vs. 91 prediction:

Obnoxious rebels Mom's will continue to be jiggly and crude and their big mouths will likely cause their husbands near altercations...
9-5 venom over rebel’s
8-4 rebel’s over havoc
Rebels vs. 91 prediction:

Obnoxious rebels Mom's will continue to be jiggly and crude and their big mouths will likely cause their husbands near altercations...

Jiggly and crude? The Rebels are a good team. Parents came to an agreement keeping our kids together to win WSYL, then onto H.S. I can settle my own BEEF, don't need my husband to back me up. It's just what we do.
I rest my case...Rebels mom's LOL...Go back to the Boardy Barn...
The only beef settling are the hot dogs in your belly...

Said nothing about the skill of the team. Just the obnoxious Mom's in the stands. Note, not the fathers, the Moms. Those guys are going straight to heaven and are thankful for cumare night come Friday.

Genetics! Take a quick look at the fathers.

Experience with my older sons. Kids that were rockstars in 3rd and 4th grade are non events now that they are in 7th and 9th grade. Puberty is a weird thing and is a game changer. Kids on my 7th graders team are 5’10 and 170 pounds already. Others are still 5’4” and weigh 100 lbs. Kids will grow faster and stronger and change the landscape. My advice is let them love the game and develop. Oh and don’t be a BadPerson on the sideline.
"Oh and don’t be a BadPerson on the sideline"

Talking to you Rebels Moms...
Rebels with the 7-2 win over 91 top team in championship .....
Rebels, can't make this stuff up. Rebels Mom gets into a fistfight with an opposing Mom during Saturday's games. Be proud of your boys but embarrassed by the Mom's yet again.
Rebels, can't make this stuff up. Rebels Mom gets into a fistfight with an opposing Mom during Saturday's games. Be proud of your boys but embarrassed by the Mom's yet again.

Great dominate win in championship by rebels yesterday
Rebels were good. FLG surprisingly good, right there with Venom. Havoc had an off weekend.

We will allow nobody to talk about our kids. Goes to show you, we don't need our husbands to have our back, this is what we do! Next...
Bahhhhh! Tough gal Rebel Mom strikes again. So proud of you. Go take some GED classes. Your husband is going straight to heaven for having to deal with you. Enjoy your tee shirt in the trailer. Suffolk trash. He thanks god for all the gentlemen's clubs in Suffolk so he can spend time with a real woman not some angry tough guy wanna be. Good lord. Embarrassments to the lacrosse community.
What are the details of the mom fight?
It was not in a pool of jello, that's for sure, and thankfully they were each fully clad. Rebel Mom thinks she is a ref or has the right to yell and scream at the ref (while being wrong) like its her husband or something.
Lol. Now that is funny...
Bahhhhh! Tough gal Rebel Mom strikes again. So proud of you. Go take some GED classes. Your husband is going straight to heaven for having to deal with you. Enjoy your tee shirt in the trailer. Suffolk trash. He thanks god for all the gentlemen's clubs in Suffolk so he can spend time with a real woman not some angry tough guy wanna be. Good lord. Embarrassments to the lacrosse community.

She angry, not her fault. Just needs a little love, which will change everything!
Who does not like jello!!!!
Rebels are extremely talented but if the moms keep acting like King Kong on the Empire State Building they are igoing to ruin this program!
Who ever runs this program needs to nip this 2038 team in the bud!

#LAXLIFE
Thrash at its finest
Where will the porky Rebels mom's be mudwrestling and mudslinging this weekend?
The talk is half the team leaving after season.

Why would top team on island break up? Probably just an unhappy parents that kids didn’t play enough when they were shortening the bench to beat team 91 in the championship.

Why would top team on island break up? Probably just an unhappy parents that kids didn’t play enough when they were shortening the bench to beat team 91 in the championship.

They still have to beat Legacy to “be the best”
After today’s showing at trilax tournament, the rebels definitely aren’t “ the best”. Now go home and get your IAmInsecure shine box!

After today’s showing at trilax tournament, the rebels definitely aren’t “ the best”. Now go home and get your IAmInsecure shine box!

What about today’s performance?

Best Laxachusetts Black 7-0 in finals, after beating BBL in semis.
i watched the rebels moms on the sidelines at Mitchell field today. Embarrassing... these are still 8/9 yr old kids. I get it, i get amped up for the games... but, the language and screaming was unreal. Even the husbands were embarrassed.
Really???? Ranking 3rd grade teams and projecting how "great" they will be??? You people need to get a life and stop reliving your own mediocre lacrosse career through your kids. Let them play the game for fun and learn the skills. There is no need to travel and play a tournament every weekend in pursuit of some notIntelligent "championship" T-shirt
And Rebels moms, stop wearing the tight outfits-they really don't fit anymore. Time for the bathing suits with the skirts around them. All rag dolled, former Cortland party girl types... --- dumpsters.
Not very classy to attack peoples appearance. Especially to the person above who struggles to spell the word tattoo. The whole Suffolk trash thing is old and Nassau can hold it's own in that department as well. There was an altercation between a mom on the Rebels and a mother on 91 and they both could have handled that better. The Rebels will be losing a core group of their players next year to the Turtles (the mother involved in the altercation is staying with the Rebels). Also, ranking 3rd grade lacrosse teams is a waste of time. Good luck to all players the rest of the summer.
Turtles, now that's pretty funny. Kids are going to leave best team on Island. Stop the BS
If any go its those that probably would be replaced anyway.
Turtles, now that's pretty funny. Kids are going to leave best team on Island. Stop the BS
If any go its those that probably would be replaced anyway.

My kid will be be taking one of those spots! That coaching staff is killer. Turtles can never keep any kids at any age. Ha Ha Ha
Best team on the island?
Not leaving for playing time and had no shot of being replaced by anyone. The Rebels coaches are good guys and they will be fine. They will just have a different make up. The majority of the kids leaving are starters and they all play and contribute. Kids move around every year and this is no different. Good luck to both next year and to your kid if he ends up with one of those spots.
Looking at this years results so far, these are the competitive teams (alphabetical order)

91 Venom
Hammerheads
Igloo
Legacy
Rebels
R U S H

A case could be made for Legacy or the Rebels for being the “Best” at this time. If legacy wins this weekend with 2way In the tournament they would have the strongest case.

Tryouts are right around the corner, it should be interesting

Best team on the island?
A few Rebels moms are pretty good looking. They have a few crazies I hear as well...
Igloo? Now that is funny. FLG is right there with that group as well.
Congrats to the rebel’s on another championship this weekend!
91 Havoc also played great going 5-0 with a championship.
Any thoughts on the Blatant this weekend in Garden City?
Some good Match ups!
Looks like rebels has the easiest schedule by far.
rebels has it pretty easy too
Rebels has it easy too
All Make Playoffs
lirushers have it easy too
Another easy championship for the Rebel’s!
No competition For them in this tournament.

Most amazing THIRD GRADE TEAM EVER. how was hooters after the game?

Most amazing THIRD GRADE TEAM EVER. how was hooters after the game?

I made decent tips, I made better tips 15 years ago
A lot of chatter on here for 8/9 year old lacrosse. Bottom line is everyone is cool and chill except the Rebel parents. Hope they all go to the Turtles
Rebels need to ease up on the bragging until they beat Legacy. Until then, they're still just the 2nd best team on LI
Hopefully Hammerheads put the stones to Rebels this weekend like they did indoors... Hopefully Rebels mom has a conflict with her shift at hooters as well.
Igloo? Sorry. We are average at best. Had enough of Manhasset daddy ball...moving on...
we need a tournament with rebels, legacy and 91 all there this summer
So we played rebels today. Moms are completely crazy. But I must say that the team itself are a very talented bunch of boys and they’re very well coached. The defense is probably the best on the island. Moms please just chill out ladies.. Sorry to generalize I know some are ok.
We didn’t play the rebel’s today, they are talented. The defense is good. Best on the island LMAO!
I played and coached D1, I never thought i would see a travel team, especially what people call a very good travel team use a 3-3 zone on defense! Maybe a crappy PAL team! What are u teaching these kids. Any team can play a zone defense and get away with it at this level. I’m just shocked to see it.
We did stick around to watch the semi games today with GC beating R U S H and watching the rebel’s just get by the Hammerheads. They did what you should do when u play against a zone, circle offense and slow it down.
They totally exposed that team. You just hold the ball and stop them from transition.
Then to find out the Hammerheads are just a pick up team and they don’t even practice blew me away!
Lots of talent on that team!!!
Overall fun tournament , refs seemed to just listen to the rebel’s coach whenever he cried which was often!!!
Gotta love this forum. Very similar to Cafe Pharma and other platforms for people to complain and be heard. I hope many people who read this take all of it with a grain of salt and make your own personal decision for your child and his future. Don't get involved in the politics and business side........let your kid play and be coached by the best.

Yes, I am a Rebel parent. No I do not yell that loud but I have enjoyed the experience and the coaching that my 9 year old received all season long. It may not be D1 College Coaching but my son isn't playing in college yet.....remember he is 9.

As with all things in life, building a foundation is important. Hopefully the coach above would agree. I grew up playing and loving baseball. The 2028 coaching staff led by Bobby Moltisanti,Tom and Matt has been a huge blessing. These coaches have been extremely encouraging, created a true meritocracy and have brought a cerebral approach that any coach would appreciate. Coaching is the difference at this level and I hope my son is lucky enough to make the team again next year.

For everyone else who is reading this and not commenting, I would highly urge you to consider this team next year. Sign up for tryouts and see with your own eyes.
Cracking the starting lineup will be hard but last time I checked life isn't easy. What we have accomplished in such a short time has been a lot of fun. We have been together for less than a year and we never grab players from other teams.....we come to the field, learn and WIN..........oh yeah, parents may yell too.

Much Love
Uncle Chi Chi
Rebels, congrats. Rebels Moms, if your son were to marry someone as loud, obnoxious and sloppy as many of you (you know which Moms I'm referring to on that team) would you be proud of him and approving of your daughter-in-law? Think about that and then look in the mirror before your next tournament. Rethink how you roll.
Rebels won again and people seem to focus on a few of the moms. Interesting, sad and those who re doing so should be ashamed. As for the Rebels moms who are too loud and obnoxious at least they are not fake and hiding behind a keyboard. There are a few that are loud but there are a few of those on every sideline. It just seems that the focus goes to the team that wins the most. How about this board be used to compliment the children and inform people of issues in the lacrosse world. Those of you who come on here and talk about others really need to get a life. Garden City had a great win and should be proud. The Hammerheads do have talent and played well. I was also impressed by the Rebels in the game that I saw them on Saturday. It is a shame that the team is splitting up. I hope some of you think before you press send.
Team NOT splitting up. Coaches all staying and best players are. Stop the BS on kids leaving. Couple suppose to go to turtles. Good luck in B brackets, those that go will regret decision for long time.
I was at the tournament yesterday and was told from a parent on the Rebels directly that 7 of their players are leaving. The Rebels coaches are staying and are many of their players. Only time will tell which ones you seem to think are the best but I do know for a fact that 90 percent of the Smithtown group that has not lost in two years in their PAL summer league will be moving on. The team had a great year let them enjoy the end of it together and stop the BS. None of you experts know which kids are the best. None of the parents know either. Only the coaches know bc they work with the kids each day. The truth is that im sure they will meet on the field next year and see.
I was at the tournament yesterday and was told from a parent on the Rebels directly that 7 of their players are leaving. The Rebels coaches are staying and are many of their players. Only time will tell which ones you seem to think are the best but I do know for a fact that 90 percent of the Smithtown group that has not lost in two years in their PAL summer league will be moving on. The team had a great year let them enjoy the end of it together and stop the BS. None of you experts know which kids are the best. None of the parents know either. Only the coaches know bc they work with the kids each day. The truth is that im sure they will meet on the field next year and see.

Well of course the coaches are staying. They are getting paid 12k a year - 1k a month with contracts.
My son does not play for the rebel’s - just want to say they are a solid team. People have to stop talking about crazy moms.
Every team has some crazy. Just give them there do. As far as the person talking about a 3rd zone. I agree 100%- there is no reason to play that at this level. Yes focus on the positive with Garden City’s big win over a solid R U S H team.
I also watched the Rebel’s vs Hammerheads game. That was one of the best games I have seen at this level.
Rebels did get a lot of questionable calls. Hate to say it but Blantant and Rebel’s are joined at the hip. Also that was a tough
No GOAL call against the a Hammerheads in the closing minutes.
Congratulations to the Rebel’s on there Championship!!!
Let the kids play people and STFU...
PAL is a great indicator of future success. Nitwit
Daer Rebels,
YOU are in the B bracket...
You're playing town teams, in your OWN tournament!
Wow, name calling. Are the 3rd graders themselves using this board or the parents? Tried to come on here for some information for my son and see all the BS.
Rebels great team. Again, look in the mirror. Moms, if your daughter grows up and acts like you would you be proud or embarrassed? If not, next generation is doomed...

Well of course the coaches are staying. They are getting paid 12k a year - 1k a month with contracts.

The coach is currently shopping the team to other club so that will be really interesting if they bail on him first. Good luck rebels.
O’Doyle rules!!!!!
I love this stuff! I pull up my chair and eat some popcorn and I get free entertainment!

Thanks HEAD Turd, Glad you where there talking to parents. Crawl back into your shell, and dream of the good old days.
Turtles are a complete Joke, Not going to change
No need to bash anyone these are third grade kids, jeez! 7starters from Smithtown and Rebels are moving to turtles. It isn’t fair to call any team a joke. It’s about the players and coaching. Our Smithtown kids have been coached in undefeated back to back seasons both in PAL (which I agree is a joke) and tournaments including club. That same level of coaching will be at the turtles. What people need to understand is the only reason Smithtown ever joined the Rebels is because of our coach on Smithtown.

Before the Smithtown kids joined the Rebels they were the Outlaws, if you remember one thing, remember that!!!!
FWIW... your famed Smithtown team played well at the H Cohen Tournament in Port Washington... but I wouldn't say they steamrolled anyone. Matter of fact, they barely beat the Port team (who was using a younger goalie that just started playing lax).
No need to bash anyone these are third grade kids, jeez! 7starters from Smithtown and Rebels are moving to turtles. It isn’t fair to call any team a joke. It’s about the players and coaching. Our Smithtown kids have been coached in undefeated back to back seasons both in PAL (which I agree is a joke) and tournaments including club. That same level of coaching will be at the turtles. What people need to understand is the only reason Smithtown ever joined the Rebels is because of our coach on Smithtown.

Before the Smithtown kids joined the Rebels they were the Outlaws, if you remember one thing, remember that!!!!

Whatever happened to "this special group of Parents agreed to keep this amazing group of 3rd graders together until the WSYL"?!? That agreement didn't even last 1 summer. Now the Rebels will be diminished and the Turtles will have 7 new kids. Where are will the rest of the Turtles be found? More watered-down travel lacrosse on LI and you Parents keep lining up to pay.
No disrespect but we won 8-4 against Port and we played our B line (who are better than most A lines) that entire game ...
Other games were 13-1 against Manhasset and 11-4 against Three Village
All of those games we had to pass 3 times before shooting.
7 kids are leaving and they are NOT all starters. Rebels have a very good talent pool and will be still be a contender after those kids leave. Fast forward to next year and can't wait to see the disappointment on those parents faces after moving away from a great team. It wasn't 1 or 2 or even 3 kids that made up the rebels, It was an entire team.
The 7 leaving are all Smithtown starters.
PAL starters. Congrats
If the short middie leaves, the team is toast and will be an also ran...
Starters or not does not mean a thing at this age. None of this matters really. The truth of the matter is the Rebels had and are still having a great year. The kids on the field are the ones doing the work (although the Rebels pay the coaches Bonus money based on the 9 year old's performance, which I find disturbing and unethical). Those who are leaving (most start and all play and contribute) are doing so to play for their coach who has been with them for 3 years. There are many talented kids on the Rebels who are staying and I am sure they will be fine. The truth is they will have a different look and the 7 Smithtown kids will go to the Turtles and have other teammates and be fine. Also the truth is the Rebels will no longer be practicing in Smithtown and have already had to change their location to an indoor space or a church because they were told they are not permitted on the Smithtown Town fields. I really wish people would stop bashing 9 year old kids and their lacrosse ability. Athletes in all sports move around every year especially in the club/travel world because it unfortunately has become a business where the teams make big money and the coaches get paid. Enough already about these two teams. Please allow them to finish the year without the BS and then all go and do what they feel is best for their kids. Those who have bashed the moms on the Rebels then come on here and act like 13 year old middle schoolers and post obnoxious comments about looks and appearance. You are the ones who should really be embarrassed. Good luck to all teams the rest of the way and next year wherever your child may be playing. Please remember they are 9 and they are playing a game..
Starters or not does not mean a thing at this age. None of this matters really. The truth of the matter is the Rebels had and are still having a great year. The kids on the field are the ones doing the work (although the Rebels pay the coaches Bonus money based on the 9 year old's performance, which I find disturbing and unethical). Those who are leaving (most start and all play and contribute) are doing so to play for their coach who has been with them for 3 years. There are many talented kids on the Rebels who are staying and I am sure they will be fine. The truth is they will have a different look and the 7 Smithtown kids will go to the Turtles and have other teammates and be fine. Also the truth is the Rebels will no longer be practicing in Smithtown and have already had to change their location to an indoor space or a church because they were told they are not permitted on the Smithtown Town fields. I really wish people would stop bashing 9 year old kids and their lacrosse ability. Athletes in all sports move around every year especially in the club/travel world because it unfortunately has become a business where the teams make big money and the coaches get paid. Enough already about these two teams. Please allow them to finish the year without the BS and then all go and do what they feel is best for their kids. Those who have bashed the moms on the Rebels then come on here and act like 13 year old middle schoolers and post obnoxious comments about looks and appearance. You are the ones who should really be embarrassed. Good luck to all teams the rest of the way and next year wherever your child may be playing. Please remember they are 9 and they are playing a game..

Can you elaborate on coaches being paid bonus money? You saying they get paid based on the team's results? I hope you're wrong about that.
True. Sad but true none the less.

Can you elaborate on coaches being paid bonus money? You saying they get paid based on the team's results? I hope you're wrong about that.

What is the bonus structure like? How was this established - was it during the initial practices in the Fall when the Coach said your tuition only covered practices and showing up to games, if you wanted to Win, you would need to pay him more. This changes the whole salary structure of Travel lacrosse. If you wanted your kid to play more, could you pay him for that too? Ideally, they could grab multiple revenue streams from you gullible parents: tuition, extra training, extra playing time, and extra wins. Everybody gets better and everyone wins. WOW - makes me want to move to Smithtown, where they treat their 9 year old Travel lacrosse Coaches like NBA Free Agents.
I don't know man, if this is true then it's a bit bothersome at this level. Maybe I'm a big softy but to promote "win first" at this age is wrong. I get that it's travel and not PAL, but they are 9. You are essentially incentivizing the coach to just ride the starters as long as possible and shut some kids out of the game completely for the sake of getting that coveted third grade W and a slightly higher paycheck. Sounds like under this system you'll have more parents paying for their kids to be on the practice squad
It's extremely bothersome that this is happening w 9 year old children playing a sport. The organization and the coaches should be ashamed of themselves.
All Fake Newsd
Long Island Lacrosse club is having evaluations for the 2028 age group on two dates.
July 15, 2019 at 5pm at Port Washington PAL 325 Main St. Port Washington.
August 14, 2019 at 5pm at Port Washington PAL 325 Main St. Port Washington.

The program which would be in its first full year at this age group would include season from September through mid June. Fall practices and league winter training and speed and conditioning and spring practices with tournaments and friendly games scheduled throughout the year. Program cost is $1200.

More info please go to longislandlacrosse.club or email ssombrotto@icloud.com
The 7 leaving are all Smithtown starters.

How about the slender blond chick, is she leaving?

The Smithtown varsity coach wants to get paid for his resume, nothing comes on the cheap with him.

The Smithtown varsity coach wants to get paid for his resume, nothing comes on the cheap with him.

Remind me again how many LICs and NY State Championships Mr. Bonus has won for his HS?
Good bye Rebels... so sad to see you go. Good luck battling the Outlaws next year in the consolation games. That is how you're going to roll...
I don't have a dog in any of this and I don't even have any kids this age. But man this thread is ugly, even by BOTC posting standards. Get a grip people, none of this is as important as you think it is.
Let me get this straight. Leaving a top team to go to a horrible organization. See how that works out.
This chain is actually civil. Vitriol towards one program largely because of a few of their parents, mom's actually, that have earned it and are an embarrassment to the program, their husbands, their sons and themselves. Not one other program is being bashed or kids or parents being called out. Everyone else is enjoying letting their boys just play and letting the chips fall where they may.
Good bye Rebels... so sad to see you go. Good luck battling the Outlaws next year in the consolation games. That is how you're going to roll...

Ask the Rebels origination where the box uniforms that were part of the tuition? They did looked nice for sale at the tent at the spring jam.
Will have a 2028 team , but all others ages will be extinct, this past year was horrible at every age.
Will have 2028 team only. All others failed big time this year. Fish rots from the head down.
Chain in not civil top teams always get ripped on every thread. Rebels will be an improved team next season.
Will have 2028 team only. All others failed big time this year. Fish rots from the head down.

What team are you talking about?
Turtles had a tough year
Rebels all good, and improving at most ages
Who will be coaching the Rebels 2028 second team?
Who are the turtle directors- and someone tell them to get off back of the cage and go find some kids to fill their rosters for next year
I have been told that the same coaches that are coaching the 2nd 2028 team that was advertised for this year. The 2028 Rebels and the 2028 Rebels East. How is the 2nd team doing this year? Nice try. The Rebels will have a team, 1 Team and it will have a totally different look. Might be good but only time will tell. Just have to replace 8 players. Most started but all contributed as did he others who will be staying. Good luck to all players.
2nd Team now that's funny...
Until someone is willing to put their name to these unfounded accusations then that is what they are, unfounded. How about everyone take a deep breath, understand that in travel sports kids will move around, for what ever the reason is. If the parents would just accept it for what it is there is no reason to bash anyone. It’s just wrong what has been going on in this thread. Let the kids”and parents” go where they want. Make the situation you have chosen the best for your kid and that’s that. The ‘28 rebels will be fine as will the ‘28 turtles, ‘91, rebels, Mooselax, outlaws,etc. etc. there is plenty of players talent and coaches talent to go around. I say time to put this in the tea view mirror and look forward to an exciting and competitive 2020.
Until someone is willing to put their name to these unfounded accusations then that is what they are, unfounded. How about everyone take a deep breath, understand that in travel sports kids will move around, for what ever the reason is. If the parents would just accept it for what it is there is no reason to bash anyone. It’s just wrong what has been going on in this thread. Let the kids”and parents” go where they want. Make the situation you have chosen the best for your kid and that’s that. The ‘28 rebels will be fine as will the ‘28 turtles, ‘91, rebels, Mooselax, outlaws,etc. etc. there is plenty of players talent and coaches talent to go around. I say time to put this in the tea view mirror and look forward to an exciting and competitive 2020.

Sad I guess you don’t get it
Good luck to the rebels teams this weekend that are in the single A or B brackets. Is it really an AAA organization if only one or sometimes 2 teams are legitimately playing in the best possible bracket??
What is the tryout landscape like at this age? Seems like 2Way, Legacy, and Rebels all had strong teams with the usual powers of Express, Igloo, and 91 not as dominant at this age group. I'm sure we'll see all different helmets at each tryout as everyone tries to catch on with a top team.
My comprehensive guide to 2019-2020 teams this

24 - no team last season, possible eastern Suffolk team

91 - looking to make an elite squad of 18 this year, and then have an A team
- competitive team

Bengals - Nassau team, did not have good results last season

East Coast Elite - did not have enough 2028 last year to field a 2028 team last year, should be a good group of kids from Sayville area, no off Island traveling

Empire - base of the team is from Sachem, had some ok results in 2018-2019

Express - started the season off with really bad results but improved, will certainly be looking to upgrade for 2019-2020
-possibly a competitive team

FLG - has some good results at the end of 2019 season

Igloo - A team had some good results
-possibly a competitive team

Long Island Lacrosse Club - did not field a team in 2018-19

Outlaws - had a hard time competing with A/AA squads, will be looking to upgrade

Rebels - strong team, will allegedly break next season, Mt. Sinai boys will stay, most of the Smithtown kids will go, will still be a strong team
-competitive team

R U S H - had good results last season, mostly East Islip and Connequot kids, might do 2 teams next season
-competitive team

S2S - had poor results last season, will be looking to upgrade

Tenacious Turtles - Did not field a team in 2018-2019, will mostly be filled with the Smithtown kids leaving the Rebels to go with their town coach. I’m sure some other kids will follow
- should be a competitive team
Great guide. 91, Rebels, legacy and renegades are the teams to get too, great coaching staffs and results this year. I would shy away from turtles heard they aren't getting much attention at most grad levels, they recruit heavily, fill you will promises, then everyone leaves year in year out, they wont be around much longer.
Rebels 28 Coach was just named a Director of their club - who moved to Turtles?
Great guide. 91, Rebels, legacy and renegades are the teams to get too, great coaching staffs and results this year. I would shy away from turtles heard they aren't getting much attention at most grad levels, they recruit heavily, fill you will promises, then everyone leaves year in year out, they wont be around much longer.

R.U.S. H
Yes some but not all Smithtown players will be going to the Turtles.

At least 2 Smithtown players will be returning to the Rebels

The Rebels have been amazing and I would highly recommend you see what they are about during tryouts. We have a lot of fun as a team, the parents all get along and it has been awesome seeing each kid development at an elite level.

My son will be trying out again. I too will be at tryouts on Monday. If you have any questions seek me out.
CQ
Legacy was somehow excluded from the list, they are a very competitive team, with them beating 91 again you’d have to imagine they will have a very popular tryout. They have a lot of kids from the West Islip area.

Legacy, Rebels and R U S H have tryouts at the same time on Thursday, certainly forcing decisions for a few players/families.

Renegades? This is the first I’ve heard of this team? Any further info?

I just noticed with the quote it says R U S H with periods....
if you type it normal it is changed to Rebels.....

Mods why the censorship on R U S H ?
Why would 7 of the 9 Smithtown kids leave such a successful team?? Maybe winning is not everything at the 9 year old level. Perhaps keeping stats and posting them could rub people the wrong way or maybe it's the coaches getting paid Bonus money for 9 year old's performance that just seems unethical .I'm sure the 2 that are staying have their reasons ($$) but I would love to know the whole story behind this split. I just want to know where the mom who was ready to throw fists at Laxfest is headed.. LMAO. I have a feeling she is a REBEL.
Why would 7 of the 9 Smithtown kids leave such a successful team?? Maybe winning is not everything at the 9 year old level. Perhaps keeping stats and posting them could rub people the wrong way or maybe it's the coaches getting paid Bonus money for 9 year old's performance that just seems unethical .I'm sure the 2 that are staying have their reasons ($$) but I would love to know the whole story behind this split. I just want to know where the mom who was ready to throw fists at Laxfest is headed.. LMAO. I have a feeling she is a REBEL.

Thanks for the update Turtle directors! Winning is not everything, but great coaching and people are.
You kidding me 2028 9 year olds same forum different age people have problems
Did 91 Venom pull out of Hershey, or is tourney machine acting up?
Slime.. That's funny. Is that why the 90 percent of the group who has played for him for 3 years wants to continue to do so. Very adult or professional to come on her and use words like "Donk" and "slime". Your opinion about the best kids staying will only be settled next year. The fact that someone from the Rebels or a parent of a player comes on here and calls people name (lol) is reason enough to leave that type of atmosphere. Do you not see how bad that makes you guys look? Just have your tryout, field your team and move on. Why so bitter if the best kids stayed??
I've silently watched this thread for the last few weeks- and it's disgusting that the Rebels/ Turtles discussion keeps popping up! Time to set the record straight and I'll happily use my name, unlike others. Patti Stein here- Mom of the Smithtown goalie who is staying at the Rebels. Our town Smithtown Coach brought the 10 of us to Rebels last year. 6 of the 10 Smithtown kids were starters for the Rebels. Some behind the scenes stuff happened between our town coach and the Rebels organization which is none of anyone's business. He is not a fan of the organization and is entitled to his opinion & feelings. With 4 of his 10 kids not happy with playing time, the opportunity to go be a Starter on a new team- The Turtles is a great fit for them. The other 4 starters all have their personal reasons for going, and everyone needs to respect that and move on!! As far as my reason for staying at the Rebels, it's not about the $$! My son was on scholarship from Day 1 at the Rebels & would have been on scholarship at the Turtles if we chose to move there. The 3 Coaches at the Rebels were AMAZING this year. My son referred to one Coach as the best he's ever had, and another as his favorite. Most importantly, they are great human beings! The Rebels were delayed in getting equipment and bags to us in a timely manner, but that has been addressed with the owner, and should be fixed in the future- That was not reason enough for me to leave. My son will continue playing for his town coach & with those 8 other kids on his Team Smithtown Team. Leave these 8 & 9 year old boys alone, and go find the right organization & team for your son!!! I have never been more sure about my decision & am excited for my son's future as a Rebel with these amazing Coaches and boys smile
Well said above. People move on and let it go already. So a bunch of 9 year olds will be playing lacrosse for a different team. Why all the back and forth? Season is over. Good luck to all the kids next year. It's the people who bash others on here that need to grow up and get a life.
So let me get this straight.. The other families have to work hard and pay while you do not? Scholarship for a 9 year old. Scholarships and bonus money for the coaches.. It just keeps getting worse.
Goalies should be free anyway, unless your little Johnny wants to volunteer for the position, stay quiet
Scholarships have been given out since club teams started they are merit based and Legacy gives them automatically to every faceoff kid and goalie of every team in their organization so you must be new to this travel stuff
Also if an organization chooses to reward coaches for any reason why do you care? Pay your money and enjoy the ride this is petty!
Someone should pay the goalies mother to stay away.
Grow balls and not be anonymous! Have you ever watched the goalie play? He is worth anything you have to say about his mother. And she stays quiet and enjoys watching her son play so I can’t imagine what you possibly have to say about her except that she speaks the truth and that’s hard to hear.
[ChillLaxin] when no one knows who you are, congratulations tough guy/women, you should be proud of yourself.
Goalie's Mom is back on- Hello!! To the Big, bad, bully Anonymously hiding behind their computer- Continue to show your true colors smile I am not surprised that you are personally attacking me- anonymously!!! lol
Hope all works out at Turtles, If not good on Monday, sure Rebels will take a look at kids at next tryout. These open spots on rebels are a awesome opportunity for new kids to step in on a Very good, but more important excellent coached team.
Are you speaking English
Scholarships have been given out since club teams started they are merit based and Legacy gives them automatically to every faceoff kid and goalie of every team in their organization so you must be new to this travel stuff

Completely not true that legacy automatically gives out scholarships to face-off and goalies. If that were the case there would be 30 of each at legacy tryouts.
Hope all works out at Turtles, If not good on Monday, sure Rebels will take a look at kids at next tryout. These open spots on rebels are a awesome opportunity for new kids to step in on a Very good, but more important excellent coached team.

Coached by the guy who blew the County\ State Championship? No thanks!
Are you speaking for legacy? They expect that the tuition money be used for training. Maybe it’s for their A level teams but again merit based and I heard this from the horses mouth. But B teams usually never have scholarships. I have had multiple children with multiple scholarships over the past 10 years just saying
If your not even aware if it was county or states your opinion is irrelevant. I didn’t know coaches played on the field and could blow a championship lol did you ever hear of the phrase it’s lonely at the top. And actually which coach blew it because there is 3 for West and the same 3 on Rebels.
Quiet ?? Are you hard of hearing?
Should we just set up another post about the Rebels/Turtles for the Smithtown parents? The rest of us are not interested in being on the sidelines with parents that behave the way some of you do
Ding Ding Ding.. The Post above may have hit the nail on the head and we can stop talking about this nonsense.

"The rest of us are not interested in being on the sidelines with parents that behave the way some of you do"

You may notice the same behavior next year from a couple of people who decided to stick around. Only time will tell which side those obnoxious parents were on.. I think it was a select few who may still be wearing Red and Black. Maybe they should get a referee and boxing gloves as part of the Rebels package!
Once again, Smithtown Goalie Mom is back....Hello!! Why do you keep posting as the big, bad, angry, anonymous bully? It’s obvious you are a Turtle parent or Coach....please move on! I’ve seen a lot in the10 years that I Coached Varsity sports and this tops everything...These boys are going into 4th grade- they are kids smile Please grow up and stop bashing the parents!! As of now, there are 2 Smithtown parents staying at Rebels- Top field player and top goalie (in my opinion). Leave us alone and go find the right Club for your son! Good luck to everyone in their tryouts over the next week smile
Rebels mom's...go back to the food trough. They were a disgrace. Glad the shat show will be dispersed and hopefully their sideline in the future will be more respectable. Learn from your mistakes and move on...
Still posting about that move on buddy. I bet all the in house Rebels/Turtles BS is posted by outside people just trying to stir the pot. Losers that has nothing better to do.
Attendance at tryouts will be interesting for tonight, Legacy, Rebels, R U S H and 24 east are all this evening
Legacy is tops in the age group, and their talent will only grow. large turnout yesterday for all age groups.
rebels? 24 east? Good luck with that...
rebel tryouts were very light, i guess the whole mom fiascos scared some people off
Disagree. Best “team” 2028 yes. Tough and well coached. But not gonna be best longterm with just area “Islip” talent. They need to do better job of reaching out and recruiting elsewhere. Opinion here- good kids/program/coaches but if it were me would try to actively get kids from a few other towns.
Are any of the teams giving tryout results yet?
© US Lacrosse Community Forum