Originally Posted by Anonymous
If Jahelka wants his $$ then he will negotiate a payment plan. They originally went to mediation according to the complaint. They had a commercial disagreement over the contract and the trial court judge ruled in favor of Jahelka. Winkoff can still appeal and Jahelka can burn legal fees fighting. I’d wager this gets settled and Jahelka gets his $$ on some payment plan. Heck, wouldn’t surprise me if he gets back involved in the business some way.

And I would wager that the last thing Jahelka wants is for Winkoff to go on a payment plan again...after all, he stiffed him the first time. Further, as part of his motion for summary judgement, Jahelka requested a "neutral to inspect the books and records of FLG." This after making statement that a review of FLG's tax returns showed "evident that Winkoff has taken both company loans and also personal loans from FLG.......Quite clearly, Winkoff is over leveraged and has essentially decided to still Jahelka for his own gain."

Under the terms of the contract, Winkoff owes it all right now, plus interest (15% per annum) for the amounts in arrears. Further, Jahelka still may show additional damages which are also allowed for based on the contract. You can bet his legal fees will be part of that.

But I look forward to the opening of the kimono...er I mean books....