Are people steering away from travel teams ? Im seeing more and more town teams making there own travel teams at a fraction of the cost. Are people starting to wake up and not pay $2,500 plus ZuF3CBfor a B team and still losing at tournaments ? Some crap product travel teams are putting out on the field and losing. Yes I did travel 1 year drank the cool aid and the team was not that good. What do some of you think

My son plays on his town team which happens to have a very good coaching staff, provides year round training at a very reasonable cost and is very competitive in tournaments, even against club teams. However after having numerous people lecture us on the need to play out to be successful in this sport my son reluctantly(partially our fault) joined a club team. After a few months of getting 1/3 of the playing time, half the practices, dealing with daddy coaching issues and parents who thought their kids were the next rabil, he happily quit and went back to his town team. It's unfortunate many towns can't field a team and are left with few options. I'm not knocking club teams they serve their purpose to the right clientele, I'm just glad my kid chose on his own what made him happy and made the choice that he did.