Originally Posted by Anonymous
Are people steering away from travel teams ? Im seeing more and more town teams making there own travel teams at a fraction of the cost. Are people starting to wake up and not pay $2,500 plus ZuF3CBfor a B team and still losing at tournaments ? Some crap product travel teams are putting out on the field and losing. Yes I did travel 1 year drank the cool aid and the team was not that good. What do some of you think ?

If you live in a town that has enough athletes capable of AND interested in playing tournament lax, then maybe. But realize there are many more towns, particularly in Nassau, that do not have the numbers to do that. And once you go the route of SYAG, you are no longer a town team - you are a travel team.

Most Nassau PAL clubs are shrinking and registering in 2 year age groups (3rd/4th, 5th/6th etc) so finding a group to go travel on age is going to be tough. I think Farmingdale tries to do it. Even travel is shrinking pretty quickly. Just look at the younger ages of YJ's the biggest club. They are at 2 teams in the younger ages down from FIVE just a couple of years ago

I don't think travel is shrinking - I think there are more clubs so the numbers are just spread amongst more organizations.

On LI it has to be down almost 30% vs 3 years ago

Maybe people realize that its not automatic for little Timmy to get a scholarship just becuase he played travel lacrosse. And that its a killer to travel to MD and other places. Family killer. Time killer. Wallet killer.