11/24/14 09:15 AM
11/24/14 09:15 AM
A
annpar Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
annpar  Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
A
Everyone bashes a lot of these teams but does evereyone know how unfair Team 91 is. Their 2019 girl coaches favor their hometown players to the point of giving them a "considerable" discount. Thankfully my daugter plays for another team. I would be very upset to hear that I paid the full amount when some girls are only paying a small portion. You could say it is they play for free because these girls are getting equipment, clinics, practices, and tournaments for approximately a third of what Team 91 charges. Wow Team 91,, I prefer Top Guns and yellow jackets anytime. So go ahead and pay full price of $1400 while those hometown girls play for free. Me and my wife work hard for my money to enable my daugter to play, hmmmm maybe I should switch to Team 91 and move to get her a free ride,, This is all true information,, leaving on business so will not be able to answer questions,

Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Unfairness with Team 91 [Re: annpar] #96349
11/24/14 09:26 AM
11/24/14 09:26 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by annpar
Everyone bashes a lot of these teams but does evereyone know how unfair Team 91 is. Their 2019 girl coaches favor their hometown players to the point of giving them a "considerable" discount. Thankfully my daugter plays for another team. I would be very upset to hear that I paid the full amount when some girls are only paying a small portion. You could say it is they play for free because these girls are getting equipment, clinics, practices, and tournaments for approximately a third of what Team 91 charges. Wow Team 91,, I prefer Top Guns and yellow jackets anytime. So go ahead and pay full price of $1400 while those hometown girls play for free. Me and my wife work hard for my money to enable my daugter to play, hmmmm maybe I should switch to Team 91 and move to get her a free ride,, This is all true information,, leaving on business so will not be able to answer questions,

Since this is second hand information, I'll take it at face value.. However, if you don't think this happens in every organization/sport you are sadly misinformed. I think some organizations call it "scholarships"..

Reply Quote
Re: Unfairness with Team 91 [Re: annpar] #96357
11/24/14 10:15 AM
11/24/14 10:15 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team 91's girls program is one of the weakest on the island. Even at 1/3 of the cost, you're better off seeking other teams.

Reply Quote
Re: Unfairness with Team 91 [Re: annpar] #96363
11/24/14 10:34 AM
11/24/14 10:34 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

worry about your own team and your own child,

Reply Quote
Re: Unfairness with Team 91 [Re: Anonymous] #96403
11/24/14 01:52 PM
11/24/14 01:52 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Team 91's girls program is one of the weakest on the island. Even at 1/3 of the cost, you're better off seeking other teams.

This is the norm when you have a boys/girls program under the same roof. Girls get treated like second class citizens - 91, Express, fl$, etc. The boys will come first always.

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Unfairness with Team 91 [Re: Anonymous] #96426
11/24/14 03:55 PM
11/24/14 03:55 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is the norm when you have a boys/girls program under the same roof. Girls get treated like second class citizens - 91, Express, fl$, etc. The boys will come first always.

Not always true. Chris Robinson certainly puts more time and energy into M&D than he does for Zingos.

Reply Quote
Re: Unfairness with Team 91 [Re: Anonymous] #96435
11/24/14 04:23 PM
11/24/14 04:23 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not always true. Chris Robinson certainly puts more time and energy into M&D than he does for Zingos.

M&D and Zingos are not the same organization - they are run separately.

Reply Quote
Re: Unfairness with Team 91 [Re: Anonymous] #96436
11/24/14 04:26 PM
11/24/14 04:26 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Since this is second hand information, I'll take it at face value.. However, if you don't think this happens in every organization/sport you are sadly misinformed. I think some organizations call it "scholarships"..

You sound shocked? This not only happens in lax, but soccer, hockey, baseball... "Scholarships" are good for business if a player(s) are worth it. You attract 3 superstars- that could change a whole team and who wants to try out etc. Travel clubs are businesses. They do what is good for business- you will find it in every club, you just may not know who the kids on scholarships are.

Reply Quote
Re: Unfairness with Team 91 [Re: Anonymous] #96560
11/25/14 10:57 AM
11/25/14 10:57 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are incorrect. They are both run by Robinson Sports Inc.

Reply Quote
Re: Unfairness with Team 91 [Re: Anonymous] #96584
11/25/14 12:58 PM
11/25/14 12:58 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Reading comprehension 101 for MD people: yes they are run by Robinson Sports, but they are separate programs. M&D is a separately run GIRLS ONLY program. The ones mentioned above are all boys program with a girls program under the same name.

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Unfairness with Team 91 [Re: Anonymous] #96612
11/25/14 02:56 PM
11/25/14 02:56 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 91 Girls program is just awful. The talent level is VERY low and the program is VERY poorly run and organized. I have NO clue why any parent would select this club for their daughter when there are so many other options out there purely geared towards and focused on girls.

Reply Quote
Re: Unfairness with Team 91 [Re: Anonymous] #96628
11/25/14 03:37 PM
11/25/14 03:37 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Reading comprehension 101 for MD people: yes they are run by Robinson Sports, but they are separate programs. M&D is a separately run GIRLS ONLY program. The ones mentioned above are all boys program with a girls program under the same name.

I read quite fine. I didn't realize that by calling them Zingos instead of M&D Boys, the fact that they are run by the same person with the same admins, under the same umbrella non-profit, means they are not the same organization. Maybe they should just call them Team 90 girls since having a different name makes you an autonomous organization. Maybe there needs to be some legal 101 for you NY assholes

Reply Quote
Re: Unfairness with Team 91 [Re: Anonymous] #96633
11/25/14 04:13 PM
11/25/14 04:13 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

really n.y. aholes?this sounds like a Faryland problem. No one in N.Y, knows who runs M&D or who Zingos (really [lacrosse] Maryland name) is who the [lacrosse] is Robinson anyway?

Last edited by The Hop; 09/30/15 12:49 PM.
Reply Quote
Re: Unfairness with Team 91 [Re: Anonymous] #96651
11/25/14 05:54 PM
11/25/14 05:54 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

really n.y. assholes?this sounds like a Faryland problem. No one in N.Y, knows who runs M&D or who Zingos (really [lacrosse] Maryland name) is who the [lacrosse] is Robinson anyway?

I'm quite sure most on here know who Chris Robinson is. His high school team has only won 112 straight games.

Reply Quote
Re: Unfairness with Team 91 [Re: Anonymous] #96659
11/25/14 06:42 PM
11/25/14 06:42 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

really n.y. assholes?this sounds like a Faryland problem. No one in N.Y, knows who runs M&D or who Zingos (really [lacrosse] Maryland name) is who the [lacrosse] is Robinson anyway?

I'm quite sure most on here know who Chris Robinson is. His high school team has only won 112 straight games.

I though he was the lead singer of the Black Crows....

Reply Quote
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

TOURNAMENTS/SHOWCASES
Harding Summer Sunset
PrimeTime Shootout
D1 UnD1sputed Showcase
Boy's & Girl's Long Island Showcase