BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Unfairness with Team 91
annpar Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Everyone bashes a lot of these teams but does evereyone know how unfair Team 91 is. Their 2019 girl coaches favor their hometown players to the point of giving them a "considerable" discount. Thankfully my daugter plays for another team. I would be very upset to hear that I paid the full amount when some girls are only paying a small portion. You could say it is they play for free because these girls are getting equipment, clinics, practices, and tournaments for approximately a third of what Team 91 charges. Wow Team 91,, I prefer Top Guns and yellow jackets anytime. So go ahead and pay full price of $1400 while those hometown girls play for free. Me and my wife work hard for my money to enable my daugter to play, hmmmm maybe I should switch to Team 91 and move to get her a free ride,, This is all true information,, leaving on business so will not be able to answer questions,

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Unfairness with Team 91
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by annpar
Everyone bashes a lot of these teams but does evereyone know how unfair Team 91 is. Their 2019 girl coaches favor their hometown players to the point of giving them a "considerable" discount. Thankfully my daugter plays for another team. I would be very upset to hear that I paid the full amount when some girls are only paying a small portion. You could say it is they play for free because these girls are getting equipment, clinics, practices, and tournaments for approximately a third of what Team 91 charges. Wow Team 91,, I prefer Top Guns and yellow jackets anytime. So go ahead and pay full price of $1400 while those hometown girls play for free. Me and my wife work hard for my money to enable my daugter to play, hmmmm maybe I should switch to Team 91 and move to get her a free ride,, This is all true information,, leaving on business so will not be able to answer questions,

Since this is second hand information, I'll take it at face value.. However, if you don't think this happens in every organization/sport you are sadly misinformed. I think some organizations call it "scholarships"..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91's girls program is one of the weakest on the island. Even at 1/3 of the cost, you're better off seeking other teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

worry about your own team and your own child,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Team 91's girls program is one of the weakest on the island. Even at 1/3 of the cost, you're better off seeking other teams.

This is the norm when you have a boys/girls program under the same roof. Girls get treated like second class citizens - 91, Express, fl$, etc. The boys will come first always.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is the norm when you have a boys/girls program under the same roof. Girls get treated like second class citizens - 91, Express, fl$, etc. The boys will come first always.

Not always true. Chris Robinson certainly puts more time and energy into M&D than he does for Zingos.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not always true. Chris Robinson certainly puts more time and energy into M&D than he does for Zingos.

M&D and Zingos are not the same organization - they are run separately.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Since this is second hand information, I'll take it at face value.. However, if you don't think this happens in every organization/sport you are sadly misinformed. I think some organizations call it "scholarships"..

You sound shocked? This not only happens in lax, but soccer, hockey, baseball... "Scholarships" are good for business if a player(s) are worth it. You attract 3 superstars- that could change a whole team and who wants to try out etc. Travel clubs are businesses. They do what is good for business- you will find it in every club, you just may not know who the kids on scholarships are.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are incorrect. They are both run by Robinson Sports Inc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Reading comprehension 101 for MD people: yes they are run by Robinson Sports, but they are separate programs. M&D is a separately run GIRLS ONLY program. The ones mentioned above are all boys program with a girls program under the same name.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 91 Girls program is just awful. The talent level is VERY low and the program is VERY poorly run and organized. I have NO clue why any parent would select this club for their daughter when there are so many other options out there purely geared towards and focused on girls.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Reading comprehension 101 for MD people: yes they are run by Robinson Sports, but they are separate programs. M&D is a separately run GIRLS ONLY program. The ones mentioned above are all boys program with a girls program under the same name.

I read quite fine. I didn't realize that by calling them Zingos instead of M&D Boys, the fact that they are run by the same person with the same admins, under the same umbrella non-profit, means they are not the same organization. Maybe they should just call them Team 90 girls since having a different name makes you an autonomous organization. Maybe there needs to be some legal 101 for you NY assholes

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
really n.y. aholes?this sounds like a Faryland problem. No one in N.Y, knows who runs M&D or who Zingos (really [lacrosse] Maryland name) is who the [lacrosse] is Robinson anyway?

Last edited by The Hop; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
really n.y. assholes?this sounds like a Faryland problem. No one in N.Y, knows who runs M&D or who Zingos (really [lacrosse] Maryland name) is who the [lacrosse] is Robinson anyway?

I'm quite sure most on here know who Chris Robinson is. His high school team has only won 112 straight games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
really n.y. assholes?this sounds like a Faryland problem. No one in N.Y, knows who runs M&D or who Zingos (really [lacrosse] Maryland name) is who the [lacrosse] is Robinson anyway?

I'm quite sure most on here know who Chris Robinson is. His high school team has only won 112 straight games.

I though he was the lead singer of the Black Crows....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Had spoken with a couple of 91 parents this past weekend at the presidents cup in florida ,the 2017 titanium team got screwed over by the typicle 91 way of doing things . It wasnt a suprise as we had already knew this program will never take off the ground regardless , you can hand them over a YJ blue team and they would screw that up too!

The 91 Girls program is just awful. The talent level is VERY low and the program is VERY poorly run and organized. I have NO clue why any parent would select this club for their daughter when there are so many other options out there purely geared towards and focused on girls.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
really n.y. aholes?this sounds like a Faryland problem. No one in N.Y, knows who runs M&D or who Zingos (really [lacrosse] Maryland name) is who the [lacrosse] is Robinson anyway?

He coaches lax in his off time

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did they get screwed?

Had spoken with a couple of 91 parents this past weekend at the presidents cup in florida ,the 2017 titanium team got screwed over by the typicle 91 way of doing things . It wasnt a suprise as we had already knew this program will never take off the ground regardless , you can hand them over a YJ blue team and they would screw that up too!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TLI U11 team is going to destroy 2022 smash that's why they keep ducking them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Go home, you're drunk.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

because many will be a year older.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not many. The U11 only gives you a few months, I dod find the graduation years teams usually have a few kids who where held back. At the end of the day yoiu tend to find that the kids ages on both teams are pretty much the same .

because many will be a year older.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just left after one season

Like Reply Quote
Chief Admin
Chief Admin
In my opinion, the Team 91 owners are the whores of lacrosse...please dont write about them here. If you want to play in the dirt of the Team 91/My Lacrosse Tournaments that's your biz, but BOTC does not want to!!

Like Reply Quote
User
User
Agreed Larry.
When I think of team 91 I can't help but be reminded of that [lacrosse] manager from the little league Yankees who play the Bad News Bears. You know the guy that smacked his kid on the pitchers mound because he wouldn't bean Rudy.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't you think its a bit extreme to bash an entire organization of coaches,kids and parents because you don't like the owners?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah he sings great and he's a great coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by The Hop
Agreed Larry.
When I think of team 91 I can't help but be reminded of that [lacrosse] manager from the little league Yankees who play the Bad News Bears. You know the guy that smacked his kid on the pitchers mound because he wouldn't bean Rudy.

Roy Turner

Like Reply Quote
Chief Admin
Chief Admin
Don't you think its a bit extreme to bash an entire organization of coaches,kids and parents because you don't like the owners?

Not at all. I have good reason to do so. BTW, I don't recall bashing any kids so try to re-spin your post.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91/Dynamic Sports completely ruined the Hurricanes and all parents and kids aspirations and hopes. Now the kids are left scrambling to get on other teams. It was a complete disgrace that the organization put no effort into practices, tournaments, or communication.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I certainly do not think you are bashing kids, so I apologize if thats the way it sounded. I'm also pretty sure i know at least some of the reasons you dislike them and i'm in no way defending anyone. I was just pointing out that when you say "play in the dirt of the team 91/My Lacrosse Tournaments" you put every team and coach in a negative light. I just think thats unfair considering most of the coaches and their teams have very little to do with what the owners do.

Like Reply Quote
Chief Admin
Chief Admin
91/Dynamic Sports completely ruined the Hurricanes and all parents and kids aspirations and hopes. Now the kids are left scrambling to get on other teams. It was a complete disgrace that the organization put no effort into practices, tournaments, or communication.

As far as the coaches go when you play in the dirt you get dirty....the coaches know better, but they can't say no to the money. The kids are not a top priority even though that's what they all say. That is my opinion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
but doesn't that describe every one of the pay-to-play travel programs these days to one extent or another? It varies from program to program, but basically they have become nothing but money driven opportunities to everyone of the directors. When programs like YJ and Elevate continue to add teams regardless of quality of coaching or attention to detail, they all become just a bit like 91.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller

As far as the coaches go when you play in the dirt you get dirty....the coaches know better, but they can't say no to the money. The kids are not a top priority even though that's what they all say. That is my opinion.

This can be said about most clubs although most are not as cut throat as 91.
They are all in it for the money first no matter what they say about being for the kids.

Like Reply Quote
Chief Admin
Chief Admin
Originally Posted by Larry Miller

This can be said about most clubs although most are not as cut throat as 91.
They are all in it for the money first no matter what they say about being for the kids.

Overall you are correct, but in the case of the Yellow Jackets, Carol Rose appears to bully the kids and parents and manipulates them into more of her programs and tournaments, and still appears to [lacrosse] on the players.

In the case of the Team 91 conglomerate they are buying up clubs, drawing clubs into their spider nest, or choking others out of the market.

At the rate Team 91's folks are going you will left with the YJ and Team 91 whores.....say goodbye to competition.

It is ALL about the money.

Did you forget what the Team 91 folks did at the Spring tournament when they did not give any refunds after canceling a day's plus games?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok here it is 91 is operating multiple clubs under a veil of anonymity. As a result same club is collecting tryout fees from families for tryouts for different teams where most decisions are already known where an individual will be placed. It's a joke. So if the administration of this site wants to cut ties or black ball an organization it's completely up to him. The other bs with the tournaments is a whole other nightmare. So due to the actions of 91's directors being far from honorable I can see why this forum has cut its ties with them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
a fish stinks from the head down

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 organization bought the Jesters and still habe not paid the old Jester debts. I guess they are a good fit for each other.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most of the business sales contracts are a sale of the business assets, so you are not agreeing to pay any of the debts. You simply contract to buy the good will, which is the name of the business, the phone number, the trade name, as well as the business assets; such as the fixtures, equipment and also inventory. Usually with the accounts receivable, if you have those in a business, stay with the seller and so it's up to him to collect those monies. In an ordinary business transaction you do not assume the debts of the seller.

That is all specified in a contract for the sale and purchase of a business. One of the big assets of a business is a lease, so you certainly need to be sure that you assume and the lease is assigned to you at the time of closing so you do not wind up with a business and not have the lease put into your name. So you would be assuming that obligation.

You also may be assuming obligations if certain equipment is financed; that's another obligation you would have. However, as far as vendors are concerned, such as your suppliers, then you are not assuming that debt. Although it is a good idea to verify that the vendors will continue to supply you with the product or whatever it is; even if the former owner of the property failed to pay them. That would be an impact on you, but you do not have to pay the debts of the former owner when you only buy the assets.

The utilities are something else that you need to be careful of; also sales tax. You need to make sure that there is no outstanding sales tax that could be a lien against the equipment, as well as tangible property tax.

Now you do assume all the debts of the business if you simply purchase the stock in a corporation. Then you get all the assets and all the liabilities.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone and I mean anyone who plays for 91 under whatever name must realize the teams that are their priority are the teams that are 91 A. Even teams within their own organization have had a mass exodus of players because they were put on back burner when it came to recruiting. 2018 Orange is the perfect example. They were treated like 2nd class citizens and as a result many left. Very good players and families. Many of these families have been with the 91 program for years. As a result of the poor treatment they finally left. So consider if your are playing for one of the numerous teams they own odds are you won't get treated like the A teams directly affiliated with the parent 91 program.

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard