Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by annpar
Everyone bashes a lot of these teams but does evereyone know how unfair Team 91 is. Their 2019 girl coaches favor their hometown players to the point of giving them a "considerable" discount. Thankfully my daugter plays for another team. I would be very upset to hear that I paid the full amount when some girls are only paying a small portion. You could say it is they play for free because these girls are getting equipment, clinics, practices, and tournaments for approximately a third of what Team 91 charges. Wow Team 91,, I prefer Top Guns and yellow jackets anytime. So go ahead and pay full price of $1400 while those hometown girls play for free. Me and my wife work hard for my money to enable my daugter to play, hmmmm maybe I should switch to Team 91 and move to get her a free ride,, This is all true information,, leaving on business so will not be able to answer questions,

Since this is second hand information, I'll take it at face value.. However, if you don't think this happens in every organization/sport you are sadly misinformed. I think some organizations call it "scholarships"..

You sound shocked? This not only happens in lax, but soccer, hockey, baseball... "Scholarships" are good for business if a player(s) are worth it. You attract 3 superstars- that could change a whole team and who wants to try out etc. Travel clubs are businesses. They do what is good for business- you will find it in every club, you just may not know who the kids on scholarships are.