Get it on Google Play
Get it on App Store
Get it on Google Play Get it on App Store
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 11/28/20 09:24 PM
Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 11/28/20 08:38 PM
Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 11/28/20 05:00 PM
Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
by Anonymous - 11/28/20 04:53 PM
Boys 2022-11th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 11/28/20 04:51 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums19
Topics2,146
Posts277,768
Members2,224
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE


FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Nassau County PAL Schedules - Spring 2011
#911 04/23/11 04:12 PM
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,609
C
Back of THE CAGE
*
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
*
C
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,609
The Nassau County PAL Spring 2011 schedule has been released with three weeks of games now in the books.

Nassau County PAL Spring 2011 Schedule Details (Adobe Format)

Details on teams and age groups are included in the document attached to this posting.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Nassau County PAL Schedules - Spring 2011
CageSage #4420 10/09/11 07:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone think that PAL will follow suit with the new rules initiated by US Lacrosse? Specifically, going from grade based teams to age based team (ie. U9, U11,U13, etc)???

Like Reply Quote
Re: Nassau County PAL Schedules - Spring 2011
Anonymous #4421 10/09/11 07:22 PM
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,609
C
Back of THE CAGE
*
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
*
C
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,609
The changes will first be seen in those functions requiring US Lacrosse sanctioning (tournaments, showcases). If enough of these events gain favor, you will see more of a shift to U-age group classifications.

While PAL will have the least work to go in this direction, our guess would be that they would be among the last groups to move to the new model. This is an extremely interesting topic and we would love to hear some other ideas.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Nassau County PAL Schedules - Spring 2011
CageSage #5168 11/03/11 08:53 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It will be interesting. In the PAL format I don't see a lot of rosters changing. I can only speak for my son's team but I don't think their is anyone born before August 31 (the cut-off). Football uses a December 1 cut off which would have a big impact on the rosters (a lot of the better, bigger and more physical kids are September, October, etc. born the previous year but held back). Not sure why they use August 31 but then again I can't figure out why baseball uses April as the cut-off. Have to think someone has a lot of kids born in May. In our area, a lot of parents hold their kids back who are born in September, October and so on. Some of them, well, a lot of them, I don't understand. I know a lot of these kids and they are articulate (can't be a school problem) and very few of them are "small" so I can't see that argument. I would think a kid who was born before August 31 and is held back is held back for a legitimate reason (learning issues) and the parents probably have bigger and more important issues than getting their kid to the lacrosse field on Saturday.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Nassau County PAL Schedules - Spring 2011
Anonymous #6296 12/09/11 02:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i have a question for you experienced lax parents. My son is in 5th grade and has never played lacrosse. He wants to give it a try this spring. Our PAL only has a winter clinic for younger kids and I wanted him to attend one before committing to the spring season. Any suggestions? I know a lot of the kids his age have already been playing a few years. Thanks

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Nassau County PAL Schedules - Spring 2011
Anonymous #6298 12/09/11 02:47 PM
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,609
C
Back of THE CAGE
*
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
*
C
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,609
Originally Posted by Anonymous
i have a question for you experienced lax parents. My son is in 5th grade and has never played lacrosse. He wants to give it a try this spring. Our PAL only has a winter clinic for younger kids and I wanted him to attend one before committing to the spring season. Any suggestions? I know a lot of the kids his age have already been playing a few years. Thanks
Note that we can suggest the upcoming Top Side Lacrosse clinic (Mount Vernon) in order to get a taste of the game if you are interested. As new clinics come to BOTC, we will be sharing them through the Winter and Spring seasons.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Nassau County PAL Schedules - Spring 2011
Anonymous #6303 12/09/11 03:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Contact your local PAL program they may have a suggestion such as an indoor clinic. Either way, you can't go wrong with PAL lacrosse - it is a short season and all local (relatively speaking) games. Don't think that it is too late for your son to start playing because he is 5th grade. Yes, there will be many who have playing for several years, but he can catch up over the next few years if he has the desire. At this age, as long as he has fun and learns it is time and money well spent. Good luck!

Like Reply Quote
Re: Nassau County PAL Schedules - Spring 2011
Anonymous #6488 12/15/11 09:41 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thank you very much. looking forward to a fun spring.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Contact your local PAL program they may have a suggestion such as an indoor clinic. Either way, you can't go wrong with PAL lacrosse - it is a short season and all local (relatively speaking) games. Don't think that it is too late for your son to start playing because he is 5th grade. Yes, there will be many who have playing for several years, but he can catch up over the next few years if he has the desire. At this age, as long as he has fun and learns it is time and money well spent. Good luck!

Like Reply Quote
Re: Nassau County PAL Schedules - Spring 2011
CageSage #6495 12/15/11 02:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is that schedule boys or girls?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Nassau County PAL Schedules - Spring 2011
Anonymous #7013 01/02/12 06:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anyone know when schedules come out for spring 2012?

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Nassau County PAL Schedules - Spring 2011
Anonymous #7019 01/03/12 08:43 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The PAL schedules won't come out until mid March

Like Reply Quote
Re: Nassau County PAL Schedules - Spring 2011
Anonymous #9364 03/13/12 04:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you know when the games actually start for the 5th grade boys?
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The PAL schedules won't come out until mid March

Like Reply Quote
Re: Nassau County PAL Schedules - Spring 2011
Anonymous #9365 03/13/12 05:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Usually 1st weekend of April. Would guess April 1 this year.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Nassau County PAL Schedules - Spring 2011
Anonymous #9690 03/20/12 02:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
will the schedules be posted on the PAL website? games are less than 2 weeks away.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Usually 1st weekend of April. Would guess April 1 this year.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Nassau County PAL Schedules - Spring 2011
Anonymous #9699 03/20/12 03:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how f#*cked up is PAL, I can't believe it's so difficult to get a schedule out a week before the season starts, there are games this weekend and next that I've already been told about

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.4