BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Nassau County PAL Schedules - Spring 2011
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
The Nassau County PAL Spring 2011 schedule has been released with three weeks of games now in the books.

Nassau County PAL Spring 2011 Schedule Details (Adobe Format)

Details on teams and age groups are included in the document attached to this posting.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Nassau County PAL Schedules - Spring 2011
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone think that PAL will follow suit with the new rules initiated by US Lacrosse? Specifically, going from grade based teams to age based team (ie. U9, U11,U13, etc)???

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
The changes will first be seen in those functions requiring US Lacrosse sanctioning (tournaments, showcases). If enough of these events gain favor, you will see more of a shift to U-age group classifications.

While PAL will have the least work to go in this direction, our guess would be that they would be among the last groups to move to the new model. This is an extremely interesting topic and we would love to hear some other ideas.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It will be interesting. In the PAL format I don't see a lot of rosters changing. I can only speak for my son's team but I don't think their is anyone born before August 31 (the cut-off). Football uses a December 1 cut off which would have a big impact on the rosters (a lot of the better, bigger and more physical kids are September, October, etc. born the previous year but held back). Not sure why they use August 31 but then again I can't figure out why baseball uses April as the cut-off. Have to think someone has a lot of kids born in May. In our area, a lot of parents hold their kids back who are born in September, October and so on. Some of them, well, a lot of them, I don't understand. I know a lot of these kids and they are articulate (can't be a school problem) and very few of them are "small" so I can't see that argument. I would think a kid who was born before August 31 and is held back is held back for a legitimate reason (learning issues) and the parents probably have bigger and more important issues than getting their kid to the lacrosse field on Saturday.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i have a question for you experienced lax parents. My son is in 5th grade and has never played lacrosse. He wants to give it a try this spring. Our PAL only has a winter clinic for younger kids and I wanted him to attend one before committing to the spring season. Any suggestions? I know a lot of the kids his age have already been playing a few years. Thanks

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
i have a question for you experienced lax parents. My son is in 5th grade and has never played lacrosse. He wants to give it a try this spring. Our PAL only has a winter clinic for younger kids and I wanted him to attend one before committing to the spring season. Any suggestions? I know a lot of the kids his age have already been playing a few years. Thanks
Note that we can suggest the upcoming Top Side Lacrosse clinic (Mount Vernon) in order to get a taste of the game if you are interested. As new clinics come to BOTC, we will be sharing them through the Winter and Spring seasons.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Contact your local PAL program they may have a suggestion such as an indoor clinic. Either way, you can't go wrong with PAL lacrosse - it is a short season and all local (relatively speaking) games. Don't think that it is too late for your son to start playing because he is 5th grade. Yes, there will be many who have playing for several years, but he can catch up over the next few years if he has the desire. At this age, as long as he has fun and learns it is time and money well spent. Good luck!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thank you very much. looking forward to a fun spring.
Contact your local PAL program they may have a suggestion such as an indoor clinic. Either way, you can't go wrong with PAL lacrosse - it is a short season and all local (relatively speaking) games. Don't think that it is too late for your son to start playing because he is 5th grade. Yes, there will be many who have playing for several years, but he can catch up over the next few years if he has the desire. At this age, as long as he has fun and learns it is time and money well spent. Good luck!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is that schedule boys or girls?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anyone know when schedules come out for spring 2012?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The PAL schedules won't come out until mid March

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you know when the games actually start for the 5th grade boys?
The PAL schedules won't come out until mid March

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Usually 1st weekend of April. Would guess April 1 this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
will the schedules be posted on the PAL website? games are less than 2 weeks away.
Usually 1st weekend of April. Would guess April 1 this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how f#*cked up is PAL, I can't believe it's so difficult to get a schedule out a week before the season starts, there are games this weekend and next that I've already been told about

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah it is pretty annoying, if you have more than one they want to play other sports who have schedules out for weeks. I see last year it was the end of April before it was made available.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk starts this week some have schedules others do not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's ridiculous that baseball and soccer posted scedules weeks ago. If your kid plays more than ome sport ypu can't even try to figure out your weekends. te=Anonymous]Yeah it is pretty annoying, if you have more than one they want to play other sports who have schedules out for weeks. I see last year it was the end of April before it was made available. [/quote]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many of these leagues are run by parents that have fulltime jobs so the scheduling and so forth are done after hours. Although I agree that if you accept the role of coordinator, you really should honor your commitment and get the darn schedule out... it's PAL for pete sake. perhaps the reason why so many PAL leagues are having 'issues' is because they are not given any regulations or held to the league rules... at least no one checks... oops that's the PAL coordinator falling down on the job again.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I have the first 3 games of our Suffolk PAL schedule...and nothing from the Nassau Lax schedule...but those games don't start until next weekend so I guess there is still time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wow, both suffolk and nassau PAL leagues (is that in one family)? How do you find the time? and do you do travel as well?

Which one (PAL) is better? or can you detail which league is better by grade?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Yes Suffolk and Nassau one for town and one for travel. couldn't tell you which is better...first season with Nassau.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One for travel ? I thought PAL was just for town teams!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
perhaps Laxmom is referring to the Nassau County Lacrosse League as opposed to Nassau County PAL, which I agree is all town teams

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
You are right....Nassau county lacrosse league...my apologies either way though we still dont have a frikken schedule which is quite irritating

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is nassua county lacrosse league? Who plays in that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
another reason so many teams move to LISGYLL and other options in 7th grade

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
When I asked I was told Rockville Centre, Bethpage, Syosset, Seaford. Like I said before though I have no idea because this is my first experience with this league. I will let you know when I get a schedule.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does the PAL lacrosse schedule come out before the season starts? Anybody know when opening day is?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LIGYLL schedule is not posted yet either. It is very frustrating.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
LIGYLL schedule is not posted yet either. It is very frustrating.

LISGYLL schedules were sent out two weeks ago to the directors for each community. Check with your coach or director - I know we sent ours out to the parents already. I also posted the 7th grade East schedule on the LISGYLL forum a while ago.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ask your daughters coach our girls received their LISgyll schedule last week

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Games start april 1

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does the PAL lacrosse schedule come out before the season starts? Anybody know when opening day is?

Still have not gotten schedules, seems crazy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Check with your coach . The schedule is out

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, schedules are out.. your coach should be giving it to you... I got mine from our coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, schedules are out.. your coach should be giving it to you... I got mine from our coach.

Larry can you post the girls and boys schedules smilePLEASE

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

BOTC has not received the schedules from this league as yet. We will post them as soon as they are made available to us.

Meanwhile, if parents/coaches have parts of the schedules (in text or scanned graphics), send them to us here at BOTC and we will get the material posted immediately.

E-Mail Address : cagesage@backofthecage.com

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Update : BOTC received the Nassau PAL Schedules within the last 30 minutes for the Spring 2012 Season.

We are preparing the data for publication right now. We will open a new thread with all of the material shortly.

Please stay tuned.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage

Update : BOTC received the Nassau PAL Schedules within the last 30 minutes for the Spring 2012 Season.

We are preparing the data for publication right now. We will open a new thread with all of the material shortly.

Please stay tuned.
What about Suffolk Girls 7th and 8th?

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard