Rate This Thread
Page 1 of 147 1 2 3 146 147
#70928 - 07/27/14 10:27 AM Boys 2020 Fall 2014/Summer 2015  
THOMAS JOHN Offline
Chief Admin
THOMAS JOHN  Offline
Chief Admin

Bethpage, NY
BOTC is opening our Fall 2014 through Summer 2015 thread covering the Boys 2020 age group.

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

#72395 - 08/03/14 04:50 PM Re: Boys 2020 Fall 2014/Summer 2015 [Re: THOMAS JOHN]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

question: My son is a very good player on his town team. I am considering having him try out for travel this fall. I like the 91 teams, of course being on Crush is his ultimate (I don't even know if they have tryouts), but I would be happy with Titanium or Express Terps. These seem to be the best, also possibly Legacy. What are the chances of a new kid making a team like Crush or Terps? Is it possible? Even Titanium and Legacy seem like they may be difficult even with a decent tryout. Any feedback would be appreciated

#72397 - 08/03/14 05:27 PM Re: Boys 2020 Fall 2014/Summer 2015 [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Originally Posted by Anonymous
question: My son is a very good player on his town team. I am considering having him try out for travel this fall. I like the 91 teams, of course being on Crush is his ultimate (I don't even know if they have tryouts), but I would be happy with Titanium or Express Terps. These seem to be the best, also possibly Legacy. What are the chances of a new kid making a team like Crush or Terps? Is it possible? Even Titanium and Legacy seem like they may be difficult even with a decent tryout. Any feedback would be appreciated

What town are you from?

#72400 - 08/03/14 05:38 PM Re: Boys 2020 Fall 2014/Summer 2015 [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Unless spallina invited you zero shot for crush. Prob the same goes for channy and terps.

#72401 - 08/03/14 05:39 PM Re: Boys 2020 Fall 2014/Summer 2015 [Re: THOMAS JOHN]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

In all fairness if he has not been approached already he has no spot on these teams. If he is only entering club ball for the first time, pick another team. He has had no exposure or experience at the club level. Let him settle in. If he is as good as you think he will be approached and get invited by the mentioned teams. Otherwise he will be valued and grow within another organization. Its win win for all.

Sponsored Links
#72404 - 08/03/14 05:57 PM Re: Boys 2020 Fall 2014/Summer 2015 [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Legacy would be the best bet.
What town are you from?

#72406 - 08/03/14 06:04 PM Re: Boys 2020 Fall 2014/Summer 2015 [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

What town are you from?

3V

#72408 - 08/03/14 06:26 PM Re: Boys 2020 Fall 2014/Summer 2015 [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

What town are you from?

3V

3V 2020 plays together all summer. That would be a bold move to break away.

#72410 - 08/03/14 06:36 PM Re: Boys 2020 Fall 2014/Summer 2015 [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

What town are you from?

3V

Titanium just lost to town team in Stony Brook, and you are on a very good town team. Why would you spend a couple thousand dollars to be on a team that isn't much better than your Ward Melville team.

#72414 - 08/03/14 07:13 PM Re: Boys 2020 Fall 2014/Summer 2015 [Re: THOMAS JOHN]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Titanium is a very strong team and if he shows well could be placed. Once he tries out and you find out what team he makes, ask around about the coach, playing time, practices etc. travel is a big commitment and you want to make sure you get a good first taste, because without doing your research, you can end up on a team or in a club that is not a good fit. He probably has friends that play travel- they may be able to help recommend a team or club. GL to your son.

Sponsored Links
#72415 - 08/03/14 08:22 PM Re: Boys 2020 Fall 2014/Summer 2015 [Re: THOMAS JOHN]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Legacy is looking to upgrade a bunch of positions this year. Many titanium kids coming to tryout for legacy. I would e mail legacy directly. I was in a similar situation last year and Zummo was very receptive.

#72417 - 08/03/14 08:28 PM Re: Boys 2020 Fall 2014/Summer 2015 [Re: THOMAS JOHN]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for the comments. I know 3V is a great program, I just worry going into the recruiting years that they may not be competitive enough. Seems like the way the recruiting is done is changing. The good travel teams get much more high level exposure. I see that the kids committing this year 2017 grad year are pretty much all on travel teams.

#72425 - 08/03/14 09:09 PM Re: Boys 2020 Fall 2014/Summer 2015 [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Unless spallina invited you zero shot for crush. Prob the same goes for channy and terps.

Not 100% sure you are right on the Terps piece.....

#72431 - 08/03/14 09:34 PM Re: Boys 2020 Fall 2014/Summer 2015 [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Legacy is looking to upgrade a bunch of positions this year. Many titanium kids coming to tryout for legacy. I would e mail legacy directly. I was in a similar situation last year and Zummo was very receptive.

So Legacy was great this year, but they want to change a "bunch" of players.
How do you know "many" Titanium kids are trying out for Legacy?
And in the Legacy/DD merger discussion, a dad says Zummo told him they have received so many calls from kids looking to come to them.
If you actually are a dad from the team, I guess you feel your kid has a secure spot and none of the players in this wave of kids that are supposedly coming to tryout will take his spot.

#72681 - 08/05/14 07:17 AM Re: Boys 2020 Fall 2014/Summer 2015 [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Titanium kids ARE NOT trying out for Legacy, unless they are the team scrubs. It would be taking a step backwards!

Page 1 of 147 1 2 3 146 147

TOURNAMENTS/SHOWCASES
Harding Battle by the Bay
Harding Summer Sunset
Andy Forsberg Memorial Lacrosse Tournament
JC17 Memorial Shootout for Dreams
New York Lacrosse Academy Boy's HS Showcase
LI Girl's Showcase
LI Boy's Showcase
CAMPS & CLINICS
Girl's Shooting & Dodging Clinic w/ U. of Oregon Coach Michelle Tumolo
NOTB Boy's Box Lacrosse Training