BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 55 1 2 3 54 55
Boys 2020 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
Chief Admin
OP Offline
Chief Admin
BOTC is opening our Fall 2014 through Summer 2015 thread covering the Boys 2020 age group.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2020 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
question: My son is a very good player on his town team. I am considering having him try out for travel this fall. I like the 91 teams, of course being on Crush is his ultimate (I don't even know if they have tryouts), but I would be happy with Titanium or Express Terps. These seem to be the best, also possibly Legacy. What are the chances of a new kid making a team like Crush or Terps? Is it possible? Even Titanium and Legacy seem like they may be difficult even with a decent tryout. Any feedback would be appreciated

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
question: My son is a very good player on his town team. I am considering having him try out for travel this fall. I like the 91 teams, of course being on Crush is his ultimate (I don't even know if they have tryouts), but I would be happy with Titanium or Express Terps. These seem to be the best, also possibly Legacy. What are the chances of a new kid making a team like Crush or Terps? Is it possible? Even Titanium and Legacy seem like they may be difficult even with a decent tryout. Any feedback would be appreciated

What town are you from?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unless spallina invited you zero shot for crush. Prob the same goes for channy and terps.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In all fairness if he has not been approached already he has no spot on these teams. If he is only entering club ball for the first time, pick another team. He has had no exposure or experience at the club level. Let him settle in. If he is as good as you think he will be approached and get invited by the mentioned teams. Otherwise he will be valued and grow within another organization. Its win win for all.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Legacy would be the best bet.
What town are you from?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What town are you from?

3V

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What town are you from?

3V

3V 2020 plays together all summer. That would be a bold move to break away.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What town are you from?

3V

Titanium just lost to town team in Stony Brook, and you are on a very good town team. Why would you spend a couple thousand dollars to be on a team that isn't much better than your Ward Melville team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Titanium is a very strong team and if he shows well could be placed. Once he tries out and you find out what team he makes, ask around about the coach, playing time, practices etc. travel is a big commitment and you want to make sure you get a good first taste, because without doing your research, you can end up on a team or in a club that is not a good fit. He probably has friends that play travel- they may be able to help recommend a team or club. GL to your son.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy is looking to upgrade a bunch of positions this year. Many titanium kids coming to tryout for legacy. I would e mail legacy directly. I was in a similar situation last year and Zummo was very receptive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the comments. I know 3V is a great program, I just worry going into the recruiting years that they may not be competitive enough. Seems like the way the recruiting is done is changing. The good travel teams get much more high level exposure. I see that the kids committing this year 2017 grad year are pretty much all on travel teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unless spallina invited you zero shot for crush. Prob the same goes for channy and terps.

Not 100% sure you are right on the Terps piece.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy is looking to upgrade a bunch of positions this year. Many titanium kids coming to tryout for legacy. I would e mail legacy directly. I was in a similar situation last year and Zummo was very receptive.

So Legacy was great this year, but they want to change a "bunch" of players.
How do you know "many" Titanium kids are trying out for Legacy?
And in the Legacy/DD merger discussion, a dad says Zummo told him they have received so many calls from kids looking to come to them.
If you actually are a dad from the team, I guess you feel your kid has a secure spot and none of the players in this wave of kids that are supposedly coming to tryout will take his spot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Titanium kids ARE NOT trying out for Legacy, unless they are the team scrubs. It would be taking a step backwards!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All teams will be rotating players this Fall. It happens EVERY SINGLE SEASON! If Titanium loses players to Legacy, they will just reload at tryouts. My suggestion to all families is go to multiple tryouts and make a determination of where you are getting the most bang for the buck. Obviously there are organizations that charge more than 2000+ per summer, and I would say the majority charge between 1000 - 2000. If you watch the tryouts carefully, you can easily figure out where your son would fit on the depth chart.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Titanium kids ARE NOT trying out for Legacy, unless they are the team scrubs. It would be taking a step backwards!

Titanium just lost to a town team. If you were so great, how did that happen?
Stop talking like you are the Crush. And if you lose the big attackman to G.C., you will certainly drop.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When trying out for teams this fall- ask below
Bottom line is - Did your son improve as year progressed.
Did team improve as season progressed
Did team over achieve or under achieve compared to talent level.
That is what makes good coaching.
If you answer no to above find another team.
If your son is buried on depth chart on crush he is not improving.
Take it from experience- My older son play for a premier team but did not become a lacrosse player until he played for b+ team and became the player to get the ball too.
Best thing that happen was switching teams.
Funny thing is now they want him back( after cutting him) but he wants nothing to do with his old team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When trying out for teams this fall- ask below
Bottom line is - Did your son improve as year progressed.
Did team improve as season progressed
Did team over achieve or under achieve compared to talent level.
That is what makes good coaching.
If you answer no to above find another team.
If your son is buried on depth chart on crush he is not improving.
Take it from experience- My older son play for a premier team but did not become a lacrosse player until he played for b+ team and became the player to get the ball too.
Best thing that happen was switching teams.
Funny thing is now they want him back( after cutting him) but he wants nothing to do with his old team

What do you do if your kid is not the go to kid on B, ...Then what am I paying for..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If he is getting more playing time on b-team- bite the bullet forget about status symbol and have him play for b-team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I SAW THE TITANIUM "BIG ATTACKMAN" NOT IMPRESSE, SLOW AND CANT MOVE, THE OTHER QUCIK ATHLETIC ATTACKMAN SHOWED MORE TALENT.

Titanium just lost to a town team. If you were so great, how did that happen?
Stop talking like you are the Crush. And if you lose the big attackman to G.C., you will certainly drop.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We will see....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
stop talking about kids directly. or tell us who your kid is so we can all discuss him since you are OK with people talking about 11 year olds on a website.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What town are you from?

3V

Rotanz is starting a travel group. Maybe go to that tryout.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terps 2020 have and will add skilled players to improve their roster. If your son is very good, have him try out for this and other programs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terps 2020 have and will add skilled players to improve their roster. If your son is very good, have him try out for this and other programs.

Who are they getting rid of? Or are they going to try to beat 33 roster ed players on the other express team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The idiotic remarks don't benefit anybody. Most teams experience a level of attrition from one season to the next. My point was, don't assume a spot is not available on any team. Have your son try out for multiple teams. If he's that good, some program will make room. There's not a lot of downside, outside of the tryout fees.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who are they getting rid of? Or are they going to try to beat 33 roster ed players on the other express team

Your kid....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
stop talking about kids directly. or tell us who your kid is so we can all discuss him since you are OK with people talking about 11 year olds on a website.

Agree 100%.....too much of this nonsense on this site. Really gross to think of an adult anonymously bullying a 6th grader. Get a life!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I cannot believe my eyes when I read parents calling 11/12 year olds "scrubs" and talking about specific kids at their positions. Maybe that's why Titanium kids want to leave - Obviously not much team bonding over there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Taking '91 and Express out of the conversation. Let's just assume they are the 2 best 2020 teams on the Island and leave that conversation to another topic (PLEASE!!!). Who do people rate #3 - #12 in this age group? Because I have no idea.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Taking '91 and Express out of the conversation. Let's just assume they are the 2 best 2020 teams on the Island and leave that conversation to another topic (PLEASE!!!). Who do people rate #3 - #12 in this age group? Because I have no idea.

Legacy, 91 Titanium, and True Blue are the next 3. Don't think they have all played head to head but all 3 are A to A- teams. After them we are dipping into the B division.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so you are saying that your depth chart for 2020 would be

1-Crush
2-Express
3,4,5 (not in order) Legacy, 91 Titanium, True Blue

I would like other perspectives of the top 10 if anyone wants to jump in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1-Crush
2-Express

I agree with those 5, and that there is a pretty big drop to the next team or teams.
6-10 would include Express B, Outlaws A, Vipers, Jesters and maybe fl$ or Tomahawks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would say:

3)Legacy
4)Titanium
5)True Blue

Legacy went 2 and 1 against titanium. Very close

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought 3V did not allow their boys to play club? Did that rule change?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1-Crush
2-Express

Are you actually serious about this? LOL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, I would like to have my son tryout for 2 or 3 teams and it would be helpful

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought 3V did not allow their boys to play club? Did that rule change?

No, you must make a choice, can't do both.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is not true. Their rules recently changed and have agreed to allow them to do both.

Page 1 of 55 1 2 3 54 55

Link Copied to Clipboard