BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,818
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 97 of 220 1 2 95 96 97 98 99 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MW

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Thank you for your concern on how this is working out for my daughter . My daughter knows that there aren't any big games at this time in her life. She plays with this team because it gives her a great opportunity to develop different aspects of her game and reach goals that she is working on. Do I agree with coaches that yell at the refs? No I do not agree with it. It is not my style. With that said you could walk around at any of the tournaments and hear the same thing on every other field.
As far as not being permitted to shoot. My daughter has only been told not to shoot when the game is a blowout. If anything they ave directly told her to shoot more.
Is it a one man show? At times it is. Does this kid bust her butt on draws and ground balls? Yes she does!
Anyone with knowlege of girls tournament lacrosse knows that at 10 & 11 years of age there is always one or two girls that are more agressive and developed than the rest . We all know that the straight go to goal will not be the norm when they all get to MS and HS. Once the draw and dump concept is accepted they all will realize it opens up opportunities for the whole team. This will come.
As for the rest of the girls you would have to ask them but like I said before I wish we all would just ignore the negative posts. A rule that I am clearly breaking with this post.

Clearly it is you that has an issue with everything TG 2020 black does. You know more about what is going on within this team than most of the parents with kids on the roster. I am trying to figure out what your connection is. Maybe your daughter got cut from TG . Maybe she tried out and didn't make the black team so you went to YJ. Maybe your town team competes against one or more of the dads teams that coach the offseason teams. Whatever it is get over it or seek out a medical professional that can get you on proper meds.
To all of the TG 2020 black parents if everyone could just ignore the posts maybe this adult that is living through his/her kid will go away.

Question for you, do you really agree with the way in which your coach yells and screams at virtually every call the refs make or the style of play when playing a competitive game. Yes they try to spread the ball around in the lesser games to keep the parents of the kids that are not permitted to shoot in the competitive games happy. How is the 1 girl show working out for the rest of the kids on the team and for that matter for the wins in big games. I will say this you get the girls on TG 2020 black playing which is great as TG as a group does little in the off season and probably for a lot less than YJ kids pay.I have seen the split into separate little teams destroy teams before, hope it works for the girls.

What are your 10 year old daughters "goals". Mine kid has one goal, fun! You sound kind of intense for me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]What is the matter, you got tired of watching your 2020 blue play in 8th grade division after backing out of JV division. Just keep the privates coming and you will be fine. Just worry about your kid and your organization and leave the B. S .spring tourneys alone . Your team is very good and as long as you keep the privates every week or live in right town your kid will be fine

Don't deflect by throwing the 2020 YJ Blue team into this, when they do tourneys it's as a TEAM whether it's under the YJ flag or not it's always an "all" team invite. That doesn't mean a YJ player cant go and play with friends form other towns or clubs that's a parents choice.If splitting your team works in TG land more power to you; clearly it's an issue with some of your parents though.

Absolutely untrue. On numerous occasions last year, 1 Dad invited certain girls , added a few others, and entered the YJ 2020 Blue Team in a few tournaments under a different name. Actions like those divide a team.

Never happened , name the tournament, you will not because you made up a bunch of nonsense.

Farmingdale Lax fest last summer. One of the daddy coaches from YJ 2020 blue took a team of girls to this tournament invite only

Also happened in the Manhasset tourney in late spring. Half the girls ( or a little more than half) were asked to play by a particular YJ daddy, and half were not. They played under a different name, but incredibly wore their YJ uniforms. Absolutely incredible! Completely divides a team. So do not say it didn't happen, it did happen you ignorant fool. I could even list the daddy's name who did it on those multiple occasions. So lay off TGs, YJ 2020 blue has done the same thing a number of times!!

Hey jackass , I dare you to give the coaches name so you can look like an even bigger moron. The top 2020 YJ team does not put daddy run teams in unless everyone is asked and not enough kids have interest. Go ahead name the coach from the top team who does this , you will not do it because you know you will be called out for BS.

First, I couldn't care less if people want to make up teams when your travel teams are not attending. In fact it's nice when kids that don't always play together have an opportunity to play. As for the YJ 2020 thing last summer. That team was put together by a YJ Jones coach. In one tournament a Curcio parent was involved on the sideline. That was LI Laxfest. That team had Curcio, Jones, Chris, and TG players on it. All was fine until a couple of Curcio parents complained that their daughter was not invited. That was their final tourney. End of story.

I love it! TG parents keep trying to deflect, YJ 2020 Blue have there ducks in a row and it works for them, why do feel the need to try and dig up dirt? Know your facts people, do what works for you but keep digging I like the effort.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe you should have gotten your ducks in a row. Trying to stir it up by saying that you are a tg. Too funny that all were asked and your cover was blown. Hahaha. So sad your existence must be over in yj land. Maybe coach will do a little digging and root you out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I actually much prefer attending these tournaments with hand picked players and parents. Town team play is most often low level lacrosse and club ball you have way too many kids on the roster and limited playing time due to line rotation. Also with club your kid gets put on teams with players and parents. Some of you parents are nuts and obnoxious and its nice to be able to chose a team with reasonable parents involved. It is also nice to avoid teams with selfish isolation players. And before you all go TG YJ on me, these kids and parents exist on both clubs. Club play and tournaments are what they are, I would rather not have the club involved in these extra tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bill fyi... Yellow jackets are practicing already... whats going on here. they have a leg up already.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry , TG you get 10 practices , 5 tournaments , nothing more. No off- season tournaments , little off season training options . You should have your TG daddy teams practice on their own now. Look at the commits from Liberty and tell me all the YK drama or lack of good coaches or options at TG is worth it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
difference betwen Yj and TG is Yj start practice in April, TG start practice in May. It will show in Denver.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry , TG you get 10 practices , 5 tournaments , nothing more. No off- season tournaments , little off season training options . You should have your TG daddy teams practice on their own now. Look at the commits from Liberty and tell me all the YK drama or lack of good coaches or options at TG is worth it.

where is the list of Liberty commits posted.. It can't be accessed from their website without a password.. I would like to see it as the commit lists from YJ and TG are both very extensive ( and open to the public)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bill fyi... Yellow jackets are practicing already... whats going on here. they have a leg up
already.

If you do not like the format leave and play elsewhere.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
difference betwen Yj and TG is Yj start practice in April, TG start practice in May. It will show in Denver.

Seriously you really have to be kidding. Who cares about Denver ,the teams that play in Denver are not the same teams that play summer together .You guys take this U15 thing way too serious, not even a recruiting event.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your not from Manhasset don't bother with Liberty.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
now this has to be a YJ parent. lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
most recruiting events dont have championship format you moron.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if u15 isn't that important, then why do Yj and TG have that they are U15 national champions on the first page, there home page of there websites. it doesnt mean much to you because topguns won last year and you are a yj parent. guess what 2013 U15 National Champions are TOPGUNS. Yj haven't won since 2011.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Making the haul all the way to Denver and incurring all the expense to slug it out with your NY/NJ next door neighbors (elevate, liberty, TG, YJ and Steps). Let's be honest, M&D and Hero's won't send a team and looking like Skywalkers may not. Rest of teams are not competitive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
most recruiting events dont have championship format you moron.

Some do some don't , I would say somewhere in the middle moron.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Making the haul all the way to Denver and incurring all the expense to slug it out with your NY/NJ next door neighbors (elevate, liberty, TG, YJ and Steps). Let's be honest, M&D and Hero's won't send a team and looking like Skywalkers may not. Rest of teams are not competitive.

I agree if MD doesn't send any teams it will be a waste of time.. We went last year and had a great time.. hopefully all the clubs put together a team and compete I think its a great event and would like to see it continue

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a false statement. My daughter plays for Liberty Black and does not go to Manhasset. I have seen D.G. put players from Set on the red team, and even cut them, and yes she does have cuts unlike the other clubs on long Island. D.G. will take the best players at try outs, no matter what town they are from. Don't listen to the hype about liberty, if your daughter is good she will make a team, if she is not she will be cut, Liberty will only field 2 teams per age group no exceptions. If you think your daughter is the best, the best way to find out is to try out for Liberty. D.G. is not only one of the best players to ever play the game, she is also one of the best coaches. She has the most integrity compared to the rest of the club directors and tries to field true ELITE teams, not just take a check from all comers. I will say it again, If you think your daughter is an elite player try out for liberty and find out. if your afraid of the truth stay with Top Guns Or Yellow Jackets both will be glad to take your check and lie to you about your daughter. Lastly of course there are a lot of players from Set at liberty she's the coach there, and in case you haven't noticed they are ranked second in the country, that means they don't suck and D.G. must be doing something right.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you think your daughter is the best have her try out for Liberty? TG and YJ both have better teams than Liberty in the younger age groups at least

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you think your daughter is the best have her try out for Liberty? TG and YJ both have better teams than Liberty in the younger age groups at least

In most all age groups

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Neither poster seems to get simple concepts. I never said Liberty has, or does not have a better team in any age group, nor was that the topic of discussion, so please try to understand this time. The comment was don't go to Liberty unless your from Set. My post countered with D.G. will take the best players she has at try outs, I never stated they were better than any other club team, I also stated that she carries only 2 teams per age group and does not form new teams just for the sake of a money grab like both top guns and yellow jackets. At liberty cuts are made. If you think your daughter is one of the many victims of lacrosse politics, and you think she is a good player, Liberty will give you a fare shake. Yes you will probably play with a lot of girls from Set. Oh the horror.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Neither poster seems to get simple concepts. I never said Liberty has, or does not have a better team in any age group, nor was that the topic of discussion, so please try to understand this time. The comment was don't go to Liberty unless your from Set. My post countered with D.G. will take the best players she has at try outs, I never stated they were better than any other club team, I also stated that she carries only 2 teams per age group and does not form new teams just for the sake of a money grab like both top guns and yellow jackets. At liberty cuts are made. If you think your daughter is one of the many victims of lacrosse politics, and you think she is a good player, Liberty will give you a fare shake. Yes you will probably play with a lot of girls from Set. Oh the horror.

Go read your post, you come across as a pompous [lacrosse]. If your girl is elite then tryout and play for elite liberty, if she is afraid go play TG or YJ. You are delusional.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

DG is one of the biggest politicians there is. Go back to your non existent, barely posted on Liberty forum.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a false statement. My daughter plays for Liberty Black and does not go to Manhasset. I have seen D.G. put players from Set on the red team, and even cut them, and yes she does have cuts unlike the other clubs on long Island. D.G. will take the best players at try outs, no matter what town they are from. Don't listen to the hype about liberty, if your daughter is good she will make a team, if she is not she will be cut, Liberty will only field 2 teams per age group no exceptions. If you think your daughter is the best, the best way to find out is to try out for Liberty. D.G. is not only one of the best players to ever play the game, she is also one of the best coaches. She has the most integrity compared to the rest of the club directors and tries to field true ELITE teams, not just take a check from all comers. I will say it again, If you think your daughter is an elite player try out for liberty and find out. if your afraid of the truth stay with Top Guns Or Yellow Jackets both will be glad to take your check and lie to you about your daughter. Lastly of course there are a lot of players from Set at liberty she's the coach there, and in case you haven't noticed they are ranked second in the country, that means they don't suck and D.G. must be doing something right.

There is politics in Liberty like all the others and the coaching is awful.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you think I sound pompous you should go back and read the threads from either the Yellow Jackets or Top Guns thread, you couldn't get a bigger collection of arrogant "we're better than you" a-holes at a progressive cocktail party.
As far as D.G being the biggest politician, I have not seen it and I am within the club. I have never seen her put a kid on a team because of a family member , friend , or business associate, as is done at both Y.J. and T.G.
As far as our "non existent, barely posted on Liberty forum", at least we don't air our dirty laundry for all to see, but thats mainly because we're happy, unlike you fools.
As far as bad coaching goes my daughter is coached by the woman with the 2nd ranked team in the nation by 3 different poles, but your right she's awful, I should transfer to Top Guns and be coached by Shannon's idiot brother, or belligerent father. That would be much better for my daughter

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seriously you did sound arrogant as in if you try out for YJ, TG you do not believe your daughter is an elite player the only way to know if she is elite is try out for liberty. Your second team is in no way elite and your top teams are not really elite either. AS far as politics w DG just take a look if any kids transferred out, you have a kid who is one of the best players in her age in the country who was barely played because she chose another club team. Maybe DG did not think she was good enough to help her team win but the top program in the country thought she was good enough to have her verbally commit and the top travel team in the country in the age group thought she was good enough.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you think I sound pompous you should go back and read the threads from either the Yellow Jackets or Top Guns thread, you couldn't get a bigger collection of arrogant "we're better than you" a-holes at a progressive cocktail party.
As far as D.G being the biggest politician, I have not seen it and I am within the club. I have never seen her put a kid on a team because of a family member , friend , or business associate, as is done at both Y.J. and T.G.
As far as our "non existent, barely posted on Liberty forum", at least we don't air our dirty laundry for all to see, but thats mainly because we're happy, unlike you fools.
As far as bad coaching goes my daughter is coached by the woman with the 2nd ranked team in the nation by 3 different poles, but your right she's awful, I should transfer to Top Guns and be coached by Shannon's idiot brother, or belligerent father. That would be much better for my daughter

We have 1 liberty black player on our HS team. She doesn't play. The only reason she us on liberty black is cause mom is friends with dg! Total politics. But keep drinking the koolade

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What's your history with Andrew Smith, to know that he's an "idiot"? Your post makes it obvious who the idiot is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This point is a 100% true and DG and Manhasset at some point will need to answer for it. Public school coaches should not be making money on the side with a travel program and then turn around and sit a kid because she chooses to play for a different, arguably better, club. Remember this was only brought up on here after you went on a rant on how much integrity DG has.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'd like to know how the money that DG collects for her "charity" tournaments gets distributed. Is it used to help kids pay for Liberty or for Black Diamond Camps?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We have 1 liberty black player on our HS team. She doesn't play. The only reason she us on liberty black is cause mom is friends with dg! Total politics. But keep drinking the koolade

Maybe kid is a victim of politics and is not being played because she plays for Liberty and not another club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This point is a 100% true and DG and Manhasset at some point will need to answer for it. Public school coaches should not be making money on the side with a travel program and then turn around and sit a kid because she chooses to play for a different, arguably better, club. Remember this was only brought up on here after you went on a rant on how much integrity DG has.

That's a good point, but I doubt if anything will ever be done about it. We have a varsity coach that's involved with YJ, and people are starting to wonder if the YJ girls are being favored over girls from other programs...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's a good point, but I doubt if anything will ever be done about it. We have a varsity coach that's involved with YJ, and people are starting to wonder if the YJ girls are being favored over girls from other programs...

Sure they are just look at CSH

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What about CSH? Not familiar with whatever's happening there

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe kid is a victim of politics and is not being played because she plays for Liberty and not another club.

Actually the HS coach has no club affiliation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

CSH coach is a yellow jackets coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh ok. And, are you saying that the YJ players are being favored on the varsity team? There's definitely a suspicion of that happening at our school...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh ok. And, are you saying that the YJ players are being favored on the varsity team? There's definitely a suspicion of that happening at our school...

Goes back to what to what has been said many times on this site, school coaches should not be allowed to coach travel, camps or clinics or anything that is a conflict of interest. This should be a rule by section XI.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Goes back to what to what has been said many times on this site, school coaches should not be allowed to coach travel, camps or clinics or anything that is a conflict of interest. This should be a rule by section XI.

Amen to that.

Like Reply Quote
Page 97 of 220 1 2 95 96 97 98 99 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard