BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,819
Posts388,411
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 95 of 220 1 2 93 94 95 96 97 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by teamelevate
Great job by Team Elevate trying something new. Seems TG is very helpful in recruiting process also.

Does anyone have real details about what Elevate is doing? What schools, how many days, is it open to non-Elevate players?

I did not want to hijack the TG thread but I thought that if you wanted the details I would let you know them. This is a team organized event and not a parent event. We are visiting the following schools via a coach bus in this order Yale, UCONN, Boston College, Harvard, Brown, Bryant, Connecticut College and Fairfield.

I think it is a great idea.

My friends daughter attended this trip and said it was incredible. They said that she has not stopped talking about it since she got back. I do not have all of the details but was told that they met with all of the schools listed above, met the coaches and had Q&A time with players at each school, saw the locker rooms, training facilities at most of the school as well as private tour of each school, had meals with some of the teams and coaches and watched practices and scrimmages. Said it was very well organized and a great way to really see and hear from a variety of colleges as you start to get introduced to looking at schools. If anybody attended and can add or comment would love to hear more.

All I can say is that Elevate has raised the bar for what a travel team could do for our children. Great job Elevate.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great job by Team Elevate trying something new. Seems TG is very helpful in recruiting process also.

Does anyone have real details about what Elevate is doing? What schools, how many days, is it open to non-Elevate players?

I did not want to hijack the TG thread but I thought that if you wanted the details I would let you know them. This is a team organized event and not a parent event. We are visiting the following schools via a coach bus in this order Yale, UCONN, Boston College, Harvard, Brown, Bryant, Connecticut College and Fairfield.

My friends daughter attended this trip and said it was incredible. They said that she has not stopped talking about it since she got back. I do not have all of the details but was told that they met with all of the schools listed above, met the coaches and had Q&A time with players at each school, saw the locker rooms, training facilities at most of the school as well as private tour of each school, had meals with some of the teams and coaches and watched practices and scrimmages. Said it was very well organized and a great way to really see and hear from a variety of colleges as you start to get introduced to looking at schools. If anybody attended and can add or comment would love to hear more.

All I can say is that Elevate has raised the bar for what a travel team could do for our children. Great job Elevate.

If you think that any club can or will be a better advocate for your child then you are you're in for a big let down. Remember everyone in the recruiting process is selling you something that most of them can't deliver. You can be a solid C student, but Harvard won't discourage you from sending in your application accompanied by your CHECK, knowing full well that you have no shot at being accepted - this is one of the biggest scams in the entire college admissions process. When it's not about the money, it's always about the money. This concept seems like an extension of the nanny state that we are becoming, perhaps parents should take responsibility for their own kids and have a plan in place, make sure that their grades are good and their expectations are realistic - just a thought.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter went on the Elevate trip. I thought she was too young but she wanted to go. It gave her a great feel for what was out there and a general idea of what she might be interested in in terms of size, setting, academics, etc. Will anyone get recruited as a direct result of the trip…probably not. But it gave them an introduction to the coaches and schools. It was very well-organized. I don't think this was handing off the recruiting process to someone else. Parents were invited and also got some valuable information about the recruiting process if they have never gone through it before.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good Job Team Elevate!! Just giving the girls exposure to what a college looks like what life is like for a student athlete etc. It starts to plant the seeds in their brains. They don't have to get an offer but its good for the girls to go and compare colleges and facilities. We try to stop at a college near our tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter went on the Elevate trip. I thought she was too young but she wanted to go. It gave her a great feel for what was out there and a general idea of what she might be interested in in terms of size, setting, academics, etc. Will anyone get recruited as a direct result of the trip…probably not. But it gave them an introduction to the coaches and schools. It was very well-organized. I don't think this was handing off the recruiting process to someone else. Parents were invited and also got some valuable information about the recruiting process if they have never gone through it before.

Heard people talking about it today at Sportshub. Sounded like all positive coments about the college trip Elevate put together for the girls. Kudos to Elevate for moving things forward hopefully for all the girls programs.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you think that any club can or will be a better advocate for your child then you are you're in for a big let down. Remember everyone in the recruiting process is selling you something that most of them can't deliver. You can be a solid C student, but Harvard won't discourage you from sending in your application accompanied by your CHECK, knowing full well that you have no shot at being accepted - this is one of the biggest scams in the entire college admissions process. When it's not about the money, it's always about the money. This concept seems like an extension of the nanny state that we are becoming, perhaps parents should take responsibility for their own kids and have a plan in place, make sure that their grades are good and their expectations are realistic - just a thought.

Hey, Debbie Downer, the program (Elevate) tried to change it up and do something different. I'm sure most parents know that this introduction to the college/recruiting scene is not "instead" of the parents and student/athlete's efforts.It is in addition too and may actually help them all with a starting point for their search... Nice job Elevate!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just saw this same coach, coach a team and verse a yellow jacket team. ALL of the girls, coaches and parents could not have been more supportive and appropriate through what amounted to be a very good and intense game. It was a wonderfully refreshing reminder to see that great play and behavior is not the exception.

Have to say my daughters town team played the team you are talking about and they showed great sportsmanship. They could have won by 25 but practiced shooting with their off hand and when cutting to the cage only faked a shot and then passed to a teammate. They never played keep away which is a good thing because the girls find that very demoralizing. Good job and thanks!

That's the issue when games are non competitive what is the better team supposed to do , its a no win situation. Keep away is viewed by some as demoralizing while others view fake shots demoralizing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This bus tour could be a stand alone business idea, a recruiting tour and offer your basic recruiting services that people seem to charge top dollar for. Should run weekend visits to one or two schools on winter weekends .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just saw this same coach, coach a team and verse a yellow jacket team. ALL of the girls, coaches and parents could not have been more supportive and appropriate through what amounted to be a very good and intense game. It was a wonderfully refreshing reminder to see that great play and behavior is not the exception.

Have to say my daughters town team played the team you are talking about and they showed great sportsmanship. They could have won by 25 but practiced shooting with their off hand and when cutting to the cage only faked a shot and then passed to a teammate. They never played keep away which is a good thing because the girls find that very demoralizing. Good job and thanks!

That's the issue when games are non competitive what is the better team supposed to do , its a no win situation. Keep away is viewed by some as demoralizing while others view fake shots demoralizing.

What do you get out of holding the ball/pulling a shot against and overmatched team. Chuck it to the far corner or shoot into the goalies stick. Then work on your settled D and defending the clear.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
nobody ever did answer what team was the one being talked about? Just curious.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let the politics begin!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let the politics begin!

Go away, you do not have to play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let the politics begin!

Anyone know when they are going to contact players who made it? Lot's of talent there last night.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let the politics begin!

Anyone know when they are going to contact players who made it? Lot's of talent there last night.

What are you talking about?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let the politics begin!

I'm assuming they are talking about the U15 Championship roster

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let the politics begin!

U15 team tryouts were last night

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting that they have the tryouts so early , it seems TG take this tournament very seriously considering its just for one tournament that this team will play together. I assume that they have practices etc. My older daughter did the U15 tournament a few years ago with another club and they just sort of slapped a team together and had one or maybe two practices. I wonder if the tournament being in Colorado this year will make any difference in terms of the teams that go.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We went last year, it was a blast, good luck to this years team. I think the main reason they try to establish the team so early is so that they can do some fundraising. as far as the tourney moving to Colorado as long as the same teams from MD & LI are there one of them will take the title.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting that they have the tryouts so early , it seems TG take this tournament very seriously considering its just for one tournament that this team will play together. I assume that they have practices etc. My older daughter did the U15 tournament a few years ago with another club and they just sort of slapped a team together and had one or maybe two practices. I wonder if the tournament being in Colorado this year will make any difference in terms of the teams that go.

It seems to be one of the top sought after championships. TGs puts a special team together and sends them 1000 miles or more away to play. YJs puts two teams together to try and win it. Nearly all the other summer club championship tournaments are local money making deals, this one I'm sure makes it's money but is sponsored by a much bigger and nationally recognized organization.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It seems to be one of the top sought after championships. TGs puts a special team together and sends them 1000 miles or more away to play. YJs puts two teams together to try and win it. Nearly all the other summer club championship tournaments are local money making deals, this one I'm sure makes it's money but is sponsored by a much bigger and nationally recognized organization.

Why doesn't Top Guns put in 2 teams if they have the talent?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Probably because it's twice the amount of headaches with parents, flights, hotel rooms, pratices, etc...for a 2nd, less competitive team. Much easier to just manage one team, with all the best players. YJ 2017 will probably win it all anyway...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Probably because it's twice the amount of headaches with parents, flights, hotel rooms, pratices, etc...for a 2nd, less competitive team. Much easier to just manage one team, with all the best players. YJ 2017 will probably win it all anyway...

The YJ second team has a history of doing better than the first team in this tournament. If the second team plays "lacrosse" and the first team is made up of all " go to goal golden girls" .......well you know what happens.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ puts in two teams because they get two bids. The 2017 team should do well but it's anyone's game at this point. They play very well as a team and I can't imagine that would change in this tournament even with the few 16s and maybe a few '18s that will make up the tournament team this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The YJ second team has a history of doing better than the first team in this tournament. If the second team plays "lacrosse" and the first team is made up of all " go to goal golden girls" .......well you know what happens.

The 2nd team did better in only 1 year and was more a result of placement in the brackets than team play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ does not get two bids every year , last year the 2nd team played in and won a regional tournament to qualify. That being said obviously TG can put in a very competitive team having won it last year but I do not believe they are deep enough with talent at this point to be able to put in 2 competitive teams. YJ will be tough to beat this year as their 2017 team is a strong team and several of the stronger 2016 kids are eligible and I would think will be encouraged to play unlike years past. They also have some very good individual 2018 players that will contribute.If the 2016 kids that are eligible play go I think they will be the favorites.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ does not get two bids every year , last year the 2nd team played in and won a regional tournament to qualify. That being said obviously TG can put in a very competitive team having won it last year but I do not believe they are deep enough with talent at this point to be able to put in 2 competitive teams. YJ will be tough to beat this year as their 2017 team is a strong team and several of the stronger 2016 kids are eligible and I would think will be encouraged to play unlike years past. They also have some very good individual 2018 players that will contribute.If the 2016 kids that are eligible play go I think they will be the favorites.

You're right. TG would have to qualify a 2nd team, and they're not deep enough to be competitive at that level. YJ will definitely be the favorites.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're right. TG would have to qualify a 2nd team, and they're not deep enough to be competitive at that level. YJ will definitely be the favorites.

Several teams in the tourney every year that did not go through qualifying. Every year there are vacant slots that need to be filled.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any idea who is coaching this team this year? My daughter tried out and made it but isn't sure if the Smith's are doing it again?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any idea who is coaching this team this year? My daughter tried out and made it but isn't sure if the Smith's are doing it again?

If your daughter made it then she should know as it was stated clearly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unfortunate that Shannon won't be out there again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Came out from under the rock just long enough to type a few words. Go back under it, its where you belong.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Came out from under the rock just long enough to type a few words. Go back under it, its where you belong.

What's with the hostility people...? Although I do agree, talent is talent and these girls have it. The two coaches they have are amazing, our family knows from experience.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Unfortunate that Shannon won't be out there again.

Came out from under the rock just long enough to type a few words. Go back under it, its where you belong. [/quote

I honestly do not get the anger here. I also do not get what the big deal is if other people know who is coaching the U15 team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who will reign king of 2020 TG parents? We shall find out this weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Give it a rest. These girls are 11 and 12 years old. And you, how old are you? Why stir the pot, it's just a game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am confused. There are no top gun teams entered this weekend. Am I missing something?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am confused. There are no top gun teams entered this weekend. Am I missing something?

half the girls are from yj's, it is a great mix of good talent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well put! Obviously not part of program as those that are, have been nothing but friendly and inviting to all the players. Girls will play, have fun and compete. Leave it alone. These girls do not need to victimized by your malicious intent to disrupt, disrespect and dismantle a program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good luck to the new YJ members on one of those daddy teams , just remember the golden rule , pass the ball to daddy's girl and get out of the way she is going to goal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My 2020 top gun daughter was not asked to play on a team this weekend. That in not fair and I am complaining to Bill Smith.

Like Reply Quote
Page 95 of 220 1 2 93 94 95 96 97 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard