BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,210
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 86 of 220 1 2 84 85 86 87 88 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
Originally Posted by Anonymous
When do the summer rosters get posted?

Anyone??

I have no idea and apparently no one else knows either. I can't really remember when they were posted last year but I think it was before Christmas. Email Bill and ask him then share with us. grin

Over 2 months and no rosters, most likely lots of declines and reshuffling of spots. 42

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone??

Right after YJ posts the upcoming seasons roster.

do you really think TGs really cares what the jackets post for their roster? the arrogance continues to amaze

I know, you're right. Also, most programs never post rosters, so maybe TG will go that route. Might be easier that way!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
Okay then what are the facts or actual experience w the lacrosse by three group
The Lacrosse-By-3 individual camp and team camp from Summer 2013 were both very well attended. The individual camp had in excess of 150 players while the team camp had more than twenty full teams participate.

The initial Lacrosse-By-3 Summer Tournament had sixty teams in attendance from 2014-2020. One of the lessons learned was that from a recruiting perspective, the weekend chosen was not ideal due to the July 4th weekend and other conflicts. Expect some exciting announcements for the second edition which will be better tailored for the recruiting age players.

Maybe but the competition was a joke w TG winning every age group except 2016 where their national championship team lost to a very mediocre SCGL team although they were missing the reason they won the U15 nationals , ie. 2015 players.Should not be billed as recruiting event until some actual colleges agree to attend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay then what are the facts or actual experience w the lacrosse by three group
The Lacrosse-By-3 individual camp and team camp from Summer 2013 were both very well attended. The individual camp had in excess of 150 players while the team camp had more than twenty full teams participate.

The initial Lacrosse-By-3 Summer Tournament had sixty teams in attendance from 2014-2020. One of the lessons learned was that from a recruiting perspective, the weekend chosen was not ideal due to the July 4th weekend and other conflicts. Expect some exciting announcements for the second edition which will be better

tailored for the recruiting age players.

Maybe but the competition was a joke w TG winning every age group except 2016 where their national championship team lost to a very mediocre SCGL team although they were missing the reason they won the U15 nationals , ie. 2015 players.Should not be billed as recruiting event until some actual colleges agree to attend.

Well...you and yours certainly don't need to attend now do you. You will be missed but I am certain the entire lacrosse world will get by without you. Lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

Anyone??

I have no idea and apparently no one else knows either. I can't really remember when they were posted last year but I think it was before Christmas. Email Bill and ask him then share with us. grin

Over 2 months and no rosters, most likely lots of declines and reshuffling of spots. 42

Oh yeah, must be because of "lots of declines"! You have no idea what you're talking about...ONE team not being finalized can keep them from posting ANY rosters. Otherwise, the parents on that team will be going crazy, wondering what the issue is, etc...Or, maybe they'll decide to just keep the rosters private, which is probably better for them anyway, so all the crazy parents can't scrutinize, criticize, etc. Why open yourself up to that, if you don't need to?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone??

do you really think TGs really cares what the jackets post for their roster? the arrogance continues to amaze

I know, you're right. Also, most programs never post rosters, so maybe TG will go that route. Might be easier that way!

Most??? Who?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
.Should not be billed as recruiting event until some actual colleges agree to attend.

Well, you aren't going to get coaches to show up but not calling it a recruiting event, are you? It has to start somewhere and this is where it started. If you expected bigger and better the first year out then what were you thinking? SMH

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone??

Most??? Who?

Liberty and Express don't post rosters and I'm sure there are more

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am thinking to call it a recruiting event when one college coach is there from one of the ugliest campuses is false advertising to the teams that paid good money to go to a recruiting event. Any recruiting event that does not post a list of colleges attending even though it was requested numerous times is hiding something and that is wrong.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am thinking to call it a recruiting event when one college coach is there from one of the ugliest campuses is false advertising to the teams that paid good money to go to a recruiting event. Any recruiting event that does not post a list of colleges attending even though it was requested numerous times is hiding something and that is wrong.

WWWWWAAAHHHH

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone??

Most??? Who?

Beach Bums, Express, Liberty, Title 9, Wave, and Top Guns

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WWWWWAAAHHHH

For your kid it makes no difference they obviously have a genius for a parent. Call the tournament what it is, a barely competitive money making machine for Bill , Shannon, and Andrew the lacrosse by three amigos group.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
... Bill , Shannon, and Andrew the lacrosse by three amigos group.
These are not the Lacrosse-By-3 program administrators. Please call Coach Smith at her Hofstra University number if you would like details of the Lacrosse-By-3 program. The two gentlemen named are not principles in the organization.

Lacrosse-By-3 Coaching Staff Members

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
O.K. seriously none of you idiots know why it's called lacroSSe by 3? please somebody say it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WWWWWAAAHHHH

For your kid it makes no difference they obviously have a genius for a parent. Call the tournament what it is, a barely competitive money making machine for Bill , Shannon, and Andrew the lacrosse by three amigos group.

You obviously no nothing about Lacrosse by3 base on your above statement. Why don't you take your whining somewhere else no here really cares about your opinions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WWWWWAAAHHHH
Just out of curiosity, to the T.G. contingent, do any of you know who this parent is? I don't want to know a name. I'm just curious if any of you have any idea, some one this obnoxious and nasty must stand out

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 does not post rosters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 does not post rosters.

Oh yeah, that's another one. Thanks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WWWWWAAAHHHH
Just out of curiosity, to the T.G. contingent, do any of you know who this parent is? I don't want to know a name. I'm just curious if any of you have any idea, some one this obnoxious and nasty must stand out

Your right, at TGs they would stand out, YJs they would just blend in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
O.K. seriously none of you idiots know why it's called lacroSSe by 3? please somebody say it?

LacroSSe by 3 is shannon smith - she wore #3 as a player, the use of two capital letters (SS) in lacrosse are her initials, coupled with the fact that her two assistants from hofstra are involved (which coincidentally also adds up to 3) should explain everything to you, it's a creative play on words that was clearly lost on you, now lets move on

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

LacroSSe by 3 is shannon smith - she wore #3 as a player, the use of two capital letters (SS) in lacrosse are her initials, coupled with the fact that her two assistants from hofstra are involved (which coincidentally also adds up to 3) should explain everything to you, it's a creative play on words that was clearly lost on you, now lets move on
One time, I told a member of the Yellow Jackets that you cannot spell LACROSSE without S(hannon) S(mith) which launched the parent into a five minute tirade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WWWWWAAAHHHH

Your right, at TGs they would stand out, YJs they would just blend in.
great answer

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One time, I told a member of the Yellow Jackets that you cannot spell LACROSSE without S(hannon) S(mith) which launched the parent into a five minute tirade.

Sad part of that is I'm sure the person doesn't even know Shannon, they are just taught to hate her in YJ cult land.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have a child who has played for both organizations, went from TG to YJ simply because YJ offered a lot more in the off season .There is clearly a dislike of each other but seems it runs deeper in the TG organization. I would compare it to the Yankee and Mets fans which seems the Mets fans have a deeper dislike of the Yankees.I think it may be that at the start of TG a lot of the kids and parents went to the tryouts because they had a dislike of YJ for whatever reason.Cage remember you cannot spell Bull---- without BS.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Cage remember you cannot spell Bull---- without BS.
Slightly modified for the audience, but this did make us chuckle.

What is surprising is that after the earlier post about SS in lacroSSe, not one person made the observation that CR is needed to also spell laCRosse. Makes one wonder about CR and SS only being separated by one little "o".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ is not a cult.... now be a good parent, drink this cool-aid and send your check into CR.

No need to bring Shannon into this by the way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cage remember you cannot spell Bull---- without BS.
Slightly modified for the audience, but this did make us chuckle.

What is surprising is that after the earlier post about SS in lacroSSe, not one person made the observation that CR is needed to also spell laCRosse. Makes one wonder about CR and SS only being separated by one little "o".

So cOOl!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ is not a cult.... now be a good parent, drink this cool-aid and send your check into CR.

Agree no reason to bring Shannon into it because basically she has nothing to do with the club other than letting daddy use her name to get as much money out of the TG cult members. Are there any worse tournaments than these Hofstra fall tournaments. The fields are hideous , one of the fields is a complete embarrassment and the reffing is non existent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree no reason to bring Shannon into it because basically she has nothing to do with the club other than letting daddy use her name to get as much money out of the TG cult members. Are there any worse tournaments than these Hofstra fall tournaments. The fields are hideous , one of the fields is a complete embarrassment and the reffing is non existent.

The reffing is the biggest concern. The last tournament the stick swinging was out of control and if I had known that Hofstra players were going to be some of the refs, I would not have sent my team for the money they charged.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let's see I can think of one. Mitchell Field tournament where you have to pay $ for entry that only partly goes to charity. Grass fields are not good, refs are terrible and tournament is yellow jackets playing yellow jackets and oh yeh, more yellow jackets. That's what I want to do, pay a sh*$ load of money to play against my own club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let's see I can think of one. Mitchell Field tournament where you have to pay $ for entry that only partly goes to charity. Grass fields are not good, refs are terrible and tournament is yellow jackets playing yellow jackets and oh yeh, more yellow jackets. That's what I want to do, pay a sh*$ load of money to play against my own club.

Why don't you two go get a room...jeez!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So how did the national champs do this past weekend with out the help from their 2015 superstars ?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
So how did the national champs do this past weekend with out the help from their 2015 superstars ?
Question : Aren't U15, 2015, and 2016 different things? Answer : Yes, BOTC does believe they are.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bitter Much

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's ur point jackass, u come on this thread from a different team? Maybe your little Mary didn't make TG? Go back to the bridge you are living under.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well, considering that it was a showcase tournament and no scores were kept, they did pretty good, B.S. Was working overtime distributing the emails from the college coaches that liked what they saw...

If you are referring to the YJ game, I am actually a bit disappointed in both club directors for playing that game to win as it cost a few girls on each team playing time and exposure.

I'll be the first guy to tell you that the YJ team is really good, no one can take that away from you..we've played 4 games now each one decided by a 2 goal margin. You have the 3-1 game advantage but the one game we won.....National Championship.. Just sayin,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well, considering that it was a showcase tournament and no scores were kept, they did pretty good, B.S. Was working overtime distributing the emails from the college coaches that liked what they saw...

If you are referring to the YJ game, I am actually a bit disappointed in both club directors for playing that game to win as it cost a few girls on each team playing time and exposure.

I'll be the first guy to tell you that the YJ team is really good, no one can take that away from you..we've played 4 games now each one decided by a 2 goal margin. You have the 3-1 game advantage but the one game we won.....National Championship.. Just sayin,

You left out one more thing about the college coaches..... They could care less who wins any of the games played.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You left out one more thing about the college coaches..... They could care less who wins any of the games played.

The National Champs did not play this weekend the 2016 teams did

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually your 2016 team is 0-4 against this 2016 YJ team, 0-1 maybe just lucky, 0-2 maybe just very lucky, 0-3 clearly the better team winning, 0-4 starts to show dominance, winning the U15 championship with different players shows just how much those 2015 kids helped or refer back to 0-1 and maybe they just got lucky. Watched both your YJ game and your Skywalkers debacle.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually your 2016 team is 0-4 against this 2016 YJ team, 0-1 maybe just lucky, 0-2 maybe just very lucky, 0-3 clearly the better team winning, 0-4 starts to show dominance, winning the U15 championship with different players shows just how much those 2015 kids helped or refer back to 0-1 and maybe they just got lucky. Watched both your YJ game and your Skywalkers debacle.

We Are up by 2 "it's a SHOWCASE" so lets go into a stall for the last 4 minutes so we can win. Mean while College Coaches pack up and walk away when the stall starts that helps ALL the players out.

Like Reply Quote
Page 86 of 220 1 2 84 85 86 87 88 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard