BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,835
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 85 of 220 1 2 83 84 85 86 87 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only teams run by Top Guns are the winter league that everyone is invited to and the summer teams that your daughters try out for. Thats it..... People are confused by the multiple "Daddy" teams that play in the fall tournaments with selected groups of TG players. Does TG know this goes on ? Yes they do...they can help you get in contact with the dads. In my daughters age group one daddy team puts it out to the whole team and asked who wants to play in tournaents X,Y & Z this Fall. Parents replied back and the team was entered into the tournaments. Another Dad has a group from his area that have been doing tournaments as a group for many years and they do ther own thing. If the girls want to play together put an email out to the team and see who wants in. If you dont have enough to fill a roster then let Bill know I am sure he will put you in touch with people from the other teams black, purple, or white. Sometimes a little extra effort can solve a problem.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not A oart of TG so from an outsiders point of view let me say this. It is very commendable for a parent to take a group of girls and register them in these events and take his own time to coach and do all the leg work. Where this starts to fall apart is he continues to use the T.G. name. If he is going to do all this work only for certain girls than he should go one step further and just make up a different name and order 15 pinnies from Lacrosse Unlimited . If he continues to use Shannons name to further only the "cherry picked" girls then Bill or Shannon should step in and tell him to stop. If they are going as T.G. then all the girls in the age groups should be offered to attend, if there is a lot of interest than more than 1 team should be entered, the amount of paper work to achieve this is minimal and that is what a club as a whole does. this "coach" is only interested in those that he is friendly with or those that he deems worthy, and therefore no longer should be allowed to use the TOP GUNS brand. If Bill does not understand that , Shannon should look for someone other than him to run her club, remember It's her name that attracts members ,not his. It obviously creates animosity within the club and any decent director would put his friendships aside and do what is best for the club as a whole.

Yeah, sure - "from an outsiders point of view"..I love those! We're pretty sure you're in the TG program. If not, you have WAY too much time on your hands to analyze this, in such detail!
Really not a T.G. parent . What is there to analyze, Daddy is using the T.G. brand and uniform to promote little Susie. If., and when you flip out on a ref, organizer, or opposing coach and make the brand look bad, I'm sure Bill will step in and put a stop to it, at Shannon's expense. Pinnies cost like $13.00 a piece, I know because a club with a much better rep would not allow me to use there name or logo for the same reasons I just described, Live and learn Bill

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have watched these daddy coaches play w 3-4 subs total and actually not get some kids into the game, that is disgusting .Even more disgusting is I have watched the parents of some of these kids continue to kiss TG daddy butt and put little Susie thru the nonsense over and over again because they are desperate to have their kid be invited to these daddy team tournaments, sad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You want to hear another sad story? A team mom complains her kid wasn't asked to play when the dads had no idea who she was. Then is seen with her kid at another dad team event. Bet she did'nt complain about that though. Only differance was her lil' suzie got an invite. Why not decline invite if you thought what happened to your girl was so mean.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not A oart of TG so from an outsiders point of view let me say this. It is very commendable for a parent to take a group of girls and register them in these events and take his own time to coach and do all the leg work. Where this starts to fall apart is he continues to use the T.G. name. If he is going to do all this work only for certain girls than he should go one step further and just make up a different name and order 15 pinnies from Lacrosse Unlimited . If he continues to use Shannons name to further only the "cherry picked" girls then Bill or Shannon should step in and tell him to stop. If they are going as T.G. then all the girls in the age groups should be offered to attend, if there is a lot of interest than more than 1 team should be entered, the amount of paper work to achieve this is minimal and that is what a club as a whole does. this "coach" is only interested in those that he is friendly with or those that he deems worthy, and therefore no longer should be allowed to use the TOP GUNS brand. If Bill does not understand that , Shannon should look for someone other than him to run her club, remember It's her name that attracts members ,not his. It obviously creates animosity within the club and any decent director would put his friendships aside and do what is best for the club as a whole.

Yeah, sure - "from an outsiders point of view"..I love those! We're pretty sure you're in the TG program. If not, you have WAY too much time on your hands to analyze this, in such detail!
Really not a T.G. parent . What is there to analyze, Daddy is using the T.G. brand and uniform to promote little Susie. If., and when you flip out on a ref, organizer, or opposing coach and make the brand look bad, I'm sure Bill will step in and put a stop to it, at Shannon's expense. Pinnies cost like $13.00 a piece, I know because a club with a much better rep would not allow me to use there name or logo for the same reasons I just described, Live and learn Bill

It's sad that you have so much time to spend on the TG thread, and you're not even affiliated. Why are you so caught up in what's going on with TG? What program are you involved with?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have watched these daddy coaches play w 3-4 subs total and actually not get some kids into the game, that is disgusting .Even more disgusting is I have watched the parents of some of these kids continue to kiss TG daddy butt and put little Susie thru the nonsense over and over again because they are desperate to have their kid be invited to these daddy team tournaments, sad.

Does your daughter play for TG?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many of these fall tournaments have alot of break away teams involved. Notice that the better teams you see at these tournaments are usually under their own names and not playing under TG or YJ. Most of them are a combination of YJ and TG players and "daddies" and even a few from other clubs. Most of the better players are sought out for these teams and tournaments. YJ and TG will, as a club, try to organize some of the other players and put teams together to give opportunity to kids who may get overlooked otherwise, they may even ask parents to help out. Everyone is so bitter about not making blue or black, now everyone is so bitter cause they are not asked to be on a small fall team. If your daughter is that good, someone will invite her to participate on a team unless the baggage (that's you) is just too much. If she doesn't get invited, get off your a$$ and do it yourself, but remember to invite every kid she ever played lacrosse with including all the town kids, or you will be the cherry picking daddy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's sad that you have so much time to spend on the TG thread, and you're not even affiliated. Why are you so caught up in what's going on with TG? What program are you involved with?
Why is it sad ? my daughters club has no drama, or any of this in club name calling and quite frankly it's funny as [lacrosse] to see a bunch of white trash morons fight amongst themselves while the ring leader watches , and actively participates in the soiling , and ruining of his daughters good name. Maybe daddy should take a online business course before he and his cronies ruin a good thing. On the other hand if he did , he would know that he had to get rid of the riff raf , and that probably means you

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why is it sad ? my daughters club has no drama, or any of this in club name calling and quite frankly it's funny as [lacrosse] to see a bunch of white trash morons fight amongst themselves while the ring leader watches , and actively participates in the soiling , and ruining of his daughters good name. Maybe daddy should take a online business course before he and his cronies ruin a good thing. On the other hand if he did , he would know that he had to get rid of the riff raf , and that probably means you

Like I said, you have a sad existence, spending so much time and energy on analyzing (incorrectly) a program you're not even affiliated with...get a life!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Again, what program is so lucky to have you?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"White trash", "riff raf", "moron". Listen to you. You just exemplified every one of those words with your post. Small minds produce small minded thoughts. Thanks for the example. Lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I need some help, at what age is it appropriate for a girl to start Travel. As I know the first part of this is, is the player ready, but there is a real concern about the politics and starting travel after a team is formed and not getting a fair look at tryouts.

In reading this board and some comments for 2019 & 2020 when were these teamed truly formed in 5th grade or did it start as early as 4th grade.

What is your advice.

(I will post similar post on YJ)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Online business course? Ruin a good thing? What are you looking at? I see a hugely successful business gaining popularity every year. Whatever your personal gripe may be you can't twist the fact that he has created a club that competes at the highest level and generates millions of dollars. If you think that is a bad business, maybe you should have stayed away from taking an online business class yourself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I need some help, at what age is it appropriate for a girl to start Travel. As I know the first part of this is, is the player ready, but there is a real concern about the politics and starting travel after a team is formed and not getting a fair look at tryouts.

In reading this board and some comments for 2019 & 2020 when were these teamed truly formed in 5th grade or did it start as early as 4th grade.

What is your advice.

(I will post similar post on YJ)

it's really up to you (the Parent) you have to be ready to commit to the weekend tournaments and affiliated travel expenses, as well as club fee's ( which are easily $1,000 to $1500)

The actual playing of lacrosse is the easy part.

Most clubs will have a team for every ability level so your daughter will find a team/club.

FWIW, I currently have 2 lax playing daughters, the oldest is in 10th grade and in the recruiting mode, the next one is in 5th grade and could play travel next year, although I will hold her back 1 year until my older one is done with travel ( it really is a lot of work, $ and time to pull off)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Generates millions of dollars , talk about twisting the facts.Also who's club is it anyway, I thought Shannon started the club.Agree have been successful but do not accuse someone of distorting facts then write such nonsense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lots of business' hit the ground running, and then fizzle out and disappear. As the previous poster said, It was Shannon that started the club. You don't really think Bill Smith's name could have gotten hundreds of girls to play for him do you? With Shannon being less involved with T.G. because of her Hofstra commitment ,club infighting , bad publicity because of parents, and politics to rival the real top gun's in the club scene. how long do you think people will deal with this silliness? Once people realize the Smith's are just using Shannons name so dad and brother can cash in they will find a new place to play

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am happy that someone like yourself(with no affiliation to the club) is so concerned about the Smiths. I too wish them well. I don't get the white trash comment, or the reason behind it, but I wish you and your daughter well. I am glad that she is playing for a club that is so perfect. Good Luck!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
lots of business' hit the ground running, and then fizzle out and disappear. As the previous poster said, It was Shannon that started the club. You don't really think Bill Smith's name could have gotten hundreds of girls to play for him do you? With Shannon being less involved with T.G. because of her Hofstra commitment ,club infighting , bad publicity because of parents, and politics to rival the real top gun's in the club scene. how long do you think people will deal with this silliness? Once people realize the Smith's are just using Shannons name so dad and brother can cash in they will find a new place to play
BOTC was at an event just last night at Hofstra University's David Mack center. We can tell you for sure that the Women's Lacrosse Program at Hofstra is quite healthy and will continue and upward trajectory.

Further, we can tell you that the Long Island Top Guns programs and the affiliated Lacrosse-By-3 group have several extremely interesting events planned for the local girls scene that you will see here on BOTC (hopefully) within the coming weeks.

The grouping of these three elements, along with connections in the college coaching circles, continues to grow and thrive. Having seen a preview of these plans last night at the University, we strongly urge our original poster to rethink their position of a program on the wrong tracks. This is a full steam ahead situation for girls lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
BOTC was at an event just last night at Hofstra University's David Mack center. We can tell you for sure that the Women's Lacrosse Program at Hofstra is quite healthy and will continue and upward trajectory.

Further, we can tell you that the Long Island Top Guns programs and the affiliated Lacrosse-By-3 group have several extremely interesting events planned for the local girls scene that you will see here on BOTC (hopefully) within the coming weeks.

The grouping of these three elements, along with connections in the college coaching circles, continues to grow and thrive. Having seen a preview of these plans last night at the University, we strongly urge our original poster to rethink their position of a program on the wrong tracks. This is a full steam ahead situation for girls lacrosse.

That's great to hear, and maybe, just maybe, it will calm some of the TG haters down...at least for a little while. Thanks for the info Cage

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's great to hear, and maybe, just maybe, it will calm some of the TG haters down...at least for a little while. Thanks for the info Cage

It will not calm them down, it will get them more fired up. When haters see the object of their hate thriving and crushing it, it twists the knife even worse. As for the business guru's comments, the club was started by both BS and SS, and do the math, the numbers are indeed in the millions, not one year, but likely the first million is in the rear view mirror.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It will not calm them down, it will get them more fired up. When haters see the object of their hate thriving and crushing it, it twists the knife even worse. As for the business guru's comments, the club was started by both BS and SS, and do the math, the numbers are indeed in the millions, not one year, but likely the first million is in the rear view mirror.

Yeah, you're right...what was I thinking? Oh well, we'll just try to ignore them, and enjoy ourselves!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cage you are Definately a bit of a homer for TG, you were making it seem like their tourney last year was going to be some great new recruiting showcase and as we all know one college showed up and the tournament was non competitive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who exactly is the lacrosse by three group, Shannon, Bill, and cage?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Cage you are Definately a bit of a homer for TG, you were making it seem like their tourney last year was going to be some great new recruiting showcase and as we all know one college showed up and the tournament was non competitive.
Well, we get accused of being Yellow Jacket supporters and detractors. Now, we are getting painted as Top Guns homers. Based on the extreme views, we must be getting the balance just right.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Ummm ... no.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ummm ... no.

Cage, whenever you support a program, you do it with facts, or you base it on actual experience, from an event you've attended. That's usually better than what many people here are basing their opinions on! Keep up the great work!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ummm ... no.

Lmao he sure is on the bandwagon

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am sure the first couple of years the Great Carol Rose held her Tournament is was one of the most successful tournaments ever run. However, not all can be as wonderful. As we can see
it still is if you are a Yellow Jacket.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When do the summer rosters get posted?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ummm ... no.

Cage, whenever you support a program, you do it with facts, or you base it on actual experience, from an event you've attended. That's usually better than what many people here are basing their opinions on! Keep up the great work!

Okay then what are the facts or actual experience w the lacrosse by three group

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
The Lacrosse-By-3 individual camp and team camp from Summer 2013 were both very well attended. The individual camp had in excess of 150 players while the team camp had more than twenty full teams participate.

The initial Lacrosse-By-3 Summer Tournament had sixty teams in attendance from 2014-2020. One of the lessons learned was that from a recruiting perspective, the weekend chosen was not ideal due to the July 4th weekend and other conflicts. Expect some exciting announcements for the second edition which will be better tailored for the recruiting age players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They did a winter camp last year. Will they do that again this year. Was a great into to camps for the young girls, was a great time for middle of the road girls... not to sure how the older girls liked it.

The Lacrosse-By-3 individual camp and team camp from Summer 2013 were both very well attended. The individual camp had in excess of 150 players while the team camp had more than twenty full teams participate.

The initial Lacrosse-By-3 Summer Tournament had sixty teams in attendance from 2014-2020. One of the lessons learned was that from a recruiting perspective, the weekend chosen was not ideal due to the July 4th weekend and other conflicts. Expect some exciting announcements for the second edition which will be better tailored for the recruiting age players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone??

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Anyone??

I have no idea and apparently no one else knows either. I can't really remember when they were posted last year but I think it was before Christmas. Email Bill and ask him then share with us. grin

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone??

Right after YJ posts the upcoming seasons roster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone??

I will take a crack at this one. I think many of the 2nd and third team invitations are up in the air with kids unwilling to commit and put money down as they are hoping to fair better at the YJ tryouts. Some time in Dec or Jan when all the tryout dust settles and all the girls on the fence make a decision, the rosters should follow.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone??

I will take a crack at this one. I think many of the 2nd and third team invitations are up in the air with kids unwilling to commit and put money down as they are hoping to fair better at the YJ tryouts. Some time in Dec or Jan when all the tryout dust settles and all the girls on the fence make a decision, the rosters should follow.

But what about the rule of you lose your spot if you do not put down your deposit?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many pay the deposit and leave it if they make a higher team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone??

Right after YJ posts the upcoming seasons roster.

do you really think TGs really cares what the jackets post for their roster? the arrogance continues to amaze

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last years Rosters were posted on October 3, Some of the recruiting aged girls have practice this weekend and a tournament next weekend, i'm guessing these teams are set.

Like Reply Quote
Page 85 of 220 1 2 83 84 85 86 87 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard