BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,818
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 213 of 214 1 2 211 212 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St. Anthony’s is lucky to have a coach like her. She will do great things and bring a national championship to the school. Kobe Bryant once said “After all, greatness is not for everybody.” Respect her.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s your problem? You clearly have a grudge with the coach? How would you like to be talked about like that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I and my daughters who are on the team support the St. Anthony’s varsity coach Darcy 400%, she is the best

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I support Coach Darcy. She is a great person and a great coach

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I support her

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She is a great coach and a great person. Some people here are obviously just jealous

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Darcy is a great coach!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am Team Darcy and so is my daughter who is on the team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People really should not disrespect another person

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coach Darcy is gonna get the best recruits and is an unstoppable force

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I support Coach Darcy. The person that has a grudge with her is out of line and should be quiet just because her daughter did not make the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She is the GOAT

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
St. Anthony’s is lucky to have a coach like her. She will do great things and bring a national championship to the school. Kobe Bryant once said “After all, greatness is not for everybody.” Respect her.

Peter parker’s uncle ben once said ”with great power, comes great responsibility”

Respect is earned not given.

Before you say my daughter didnt make the squad…I got no dog in this fight other than its march madness and i like seeing goliaths get knocked down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coach Darcy is an asset to the school

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I support Coach Darcy. The person that has a grudge with her is out of line and should be quiet just because her daughter did not make the team.

No one has to be quiet. This is an open forum that is open to opinions and discussion. You may not like someone’s opinion or thoughts. However, they have a right to post as well as you do.

If this person has an opinion , they have every right to post on here about it. Highschool and Coaches are fair game to be discussed. Children are not. Let’s keep it classy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did the conversation change to the HC of SA’s? She’s a great addition and proven high lax IQ individual. The original comments were pointed towards the LILJ owners/staff being on the field every day during tryouts and thereafter being added to the coaching staff of the girls lax teams at SA’s which is an odd situation for the AD of SA’s to allow to occur.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LILJ is a joke. Just trying to make money. Nothing more. Their rankings and Long Island games invites are all political/nepotism.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LILJ is a joke. Just trying to make money. Nothing more. Their rankings and Long Island games invites are all political/nepotism.

Its completely unfair to put Darcy in the same sentence with the LILJ crew. If you are have issues with ST A's call them don't put it on this rag.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are schools risking playoff eligibility by having middle school kids play on varsity who are clearly not at the same skill level? Why are parents so caught up on playing varsity that they will risk the entire team's eligibility? I'm not talking about the kids who have passed the selection classification. I'm talking about the kids who can't pass classification but somehow end up eligible. The kid who tells the other kids on the team that they couldn't pass the tests. The reputation of the school, AD, and coach are all at stake just to appease the local dad coach or overbearing Lax mom.

I've heard firsthand, from a now "retired" AD that they would have tryouts and "if the coach wants your daughter, we'll talk about the tests later. We'll make it work"

These parents are worse than the soccer moms out there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are schools risking playoff eligibility by having middle school kids play on varsity who are clearly not at the same skill level? Why are parents so caught up on playing varsity that they will risk the entire team's eligibility? I'm not talking about the kids who have passed the selection classification. I'm talking about the kids who can't pass classification but somehow end up eligible. The kid who tells the other kids on the team that they couldn't pass the tests. The reputation of the school, AD, and coach are all at stake just to appease the local dad coach or overbearing Lax mom.

I've heard firsthand, from a now "retired" AD that they would have tryouts and "if the coach wants your daughter, we'll talk about the tests later. We'll make it work"

This sounds like a problem with coaches and ADs and not parents. What am I missing?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This sounds like a problem with coaches and ADs and not parents. What am I missing?

Parents make it about them and lack the self-awareness to realize what they are doing to their kids. It sounds "cool" to have a 7th or 8th grader playing varsity but it rarely works out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Parents make it about them and lack the self-awareness to realize what they are doing to their kids. It sounds "cool" to have a 7th or 8th grader playing varsity but it rarely works out.

I always take hearing so and so is a 7th or 8th grader on varsity with a grain of salt. Yes they might be talented and warrant such an accolade but more often than not its also a “need” base decision due to player personnel…school district X only has a senior goalie, no junior, sophomore or freshman in the district…BUT there is a decent enuff 8th grader…pull em up to varsity as insurance for the senior. 8th grade goalie Player parents now can say look my 8th grader is on varsity 🙄

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They don't have to be warm and cuddly, but they should have a little more coaching experience to be considered for a top coaching position at a top program in the country. The program will suffer do to the inexperience of that new coaching staff of St. Ants. It's really a shame that program is struggling to put together a top coaching staff. They attract some of the top talent on LI and deserve to have some experienced coaches. I would have thought they would have had their choice of the most experienced Lacrosse coaches on LI?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I always take hearing so and so is a 7th or 8th grader on varsity with a grain of salt. Yes they might be talented and warrant such an accolade but more often than not its also a “need” base decision due to player personnel…school district X only has a senior goalie, no junior, sophomore or freshman in the district…BUT there is a decent enuff 8th grader…pull em up to varsity as insurance for the senior. 8th grade goalie Player parents now can say look my 8th grader is on varsity 🙄

I don’t get why anyone wants their younger kids on varsity if they aren’t going to play. Even the freshman. They could be impact players and actually play on JV. Are parents (and the kids) happy to say they have a varsity player and watch them sit. Seems odd to me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Darcy Messina is a great coach and former All American Lacrosse player. Please respect her and give her credit for the great job she is doing in such a short time instead of being mean to her.

Agreed she is terrible and certain parents are in her pocket Funny the ones complaining last year about the coaches and responsible for the change are pulling the same [Censored]. Darcy is a terrible coach and person who s not knowledgeable but try’s to convince you she is

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is Nassau County power conference supposed be this year? Heard there were some additions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Darcy Messina is a great coach and former All American Lacrosse player. Please respect her and give her credit for the great job she is doing in such a short time instead of being mean to her.

Agreed she is terrible and certain parents are in her pocket Funny the ones complaining last year about the coaches and responsible for the change are pulling the same [Censored]. Darcy is a terrible coach and person who s not knowledgeable but try’s to convince you she is

Stop with the personal attacks , sounds like you have a personal grudge. Knowledge comes with experience. Maybe that coach doesn’t have the knowledge that some others with more experience would have had and may have been better for that job? Maybe being assistant for a few years first would be a better idea to gain knowledge and experience from someone with more? However, that’s on the program who hired the coach. So, I think they probably now will have some growing pains and learning curves to deal with. That program attracts some of the best talent on LI and it’s kind of hard not to have a winning team. So, they will be fine. Good Luck to them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is Nassau County power conference supposed be this year? Heard there were some additions.

North Shore
Manhasset
Garden City
Long Beach
Cold Spring Harbor
Syosset
Wantagh
Seaford
Massapequa
South Side
Port Washington

Expanded to 11 teams. Not sure who is new but I think maybe Port

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk needs to have a power conference

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They have one... Division II... though i could see how the top 3 teams from Division I would prefer to be lumped in to make a power conference since Division 1 is so weak

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great first win St. Anthony’s

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guessnot

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wantagh lost one of its best players with an injury, early in the game. Had she stayed in, probably would have been a different game? It was just an Ok win for Ants and they just looked ok

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop with the personal attacks , sounds like you have a personal grudge. Knowledge comes with experience. Maybe that coach doesn’t have the knowledge that some others with more experience would have had and may have been better for that job? Maybe being assistant for a few years first would be a better idea to gain knowledge and experience from someone with more? However, that’s on the program who hired the coach. So, I think they probably now will have some growing pains and learning curves to deal with. That program attracts some of the best talent on LI and it’s kind of hard not to have a winning team. So, they will be fine. Good Luck to them.

By all means keep coming here and run the new coach thru the mill. I’m sure quality coaches will line up to coach good players with Whiney parents

I hope they have a great season

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Garden City: 7 - BBP: 6

Great game, order has been restored!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Both teams weren’t that great. Will be surprised if either wins counties.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wantagh lost one of its best players with an injury, early in the game. Had she stayed in, probably would have been a different game? It was just an Ok win for Ants and they just looked ok

It all went downhill from that point for wantagh. Looks and sounds (lack thereof in sounds) from the wantagh coach hasnt the slightest clue and in over her head. If you thought st ants coach was unqualified and terrible then look no further towards that other sideline. Space cadet city.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL…tough crowd.

You must be new to the game. Let me explain.

- Both defenses and goalies were stellar.
- As a result, each possession was methodical and valued with care
- The game was chess not checkers
- Earlier this week, USA lacrosse ranked BBP #1 in the country and GC #14.
- Both teams will win counties and State finalists, at a minimum.
- Long Island is still THE hotbed.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Xoxo

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL…tough crowd.

Xoxo

#1 is a stretch! GC and St. Ants talent is better than BBP! I would argue that BBP coaching staff IS better and has been consistent for years. They make the difference and are MVP. The talent at St. Ants and GC is Better. SA just has not had consistent coaching to bring that talent to its peak performance for a few years now. New coach this year. Needs a little time. With consistent good coaching, no doubt St. Ants would be #1 nationally. They beat top teams at HS Nationals to win it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL…tough crowd.

Xoxo

#1 is a stretch! GC and St. Ants talent is better than BBP! I would argue that BBP coaching staff IS better and has been consistent for years. They make the difference and are MVP. The talent at St. Ants and GC is Better. SA just has not had consistent coaching to bring that talent to its peak performance for a few years now. New coach this year. Needs a little time. With consistent good coaching, no doubt St. Ants would be #1 nationally. They beat top teams at HS Nationals to win it.

BBP beat St Ants in a scrimmage just last week. A game is a game is a game. So relax. Unfortunate turnover with 2 minutes left, outside of that it was anyone game last night.

Like Reply Quote
Page 213 of 214 1 2 211 212 213 214
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard