BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,329
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 75 of 81 1 2 73 74 75 76 77 80 81
Re: MD Girls 2028
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I dont think the Coppermine goalie is going to SPSG anymore. Too far of a commute for her.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I dont think the Coppermine goalie is going to SPSG anymore. Too far of a commute for her.

Going to Good Counsel.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maryvale is the new best thing.
McDonogh got no one worth it
St Paul’s got one or two
But Maryvale is primed to BO from 27 on

Horrible academic school. I guess it makes sense if your daughter can’t get into McDonogh.

Why would anyone wanna go to MCd with the fake mommies and collar popped dads ? I guess some like to send their high school girls on spring break drinking trips with no lacrosse.

why would anyone EVER concern themselves with where someone else is going to high school. Mind your business and keep your disparaging opinions to yourself

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Power Rankings:
Heros
Coppermine
Crush
M&D
MD United
NEMS
Skywalkers
All others.

Agree that this list is "wrong", but will add some analysis:

--Coppermine is #1 until it is taken from them on the field. Nice victory by Hero's at Mid Atlantic in the Fall. Coppermine won at Spooky Nook. Let's see after the next 2 or 3 meetings.
--Hero's. Look good. Have raised their game and can be considered Tier 1 nationally with Coppermine and Eagle Stix.
--M&D has done enough in the Fall to have the #3 spot.
--Crush is still a good team, but a clear number 4.
--MD United dropped off a bit, but #5 makes sense.
--Sky Walkers had mixed results in the Fall, but remains much better than NEMS.
--NEMS. Not sure why this team is in a post titled "Power Rankings", but they will get a shot to demonstrate why in the NGLL Mid-Atlantic A Bracket.

If this is just Baltimore area, those are the adjustments I would make. If NGLL A for Mid-Atlantic, I would put Pride after MD United, drop NEMS, and consider 3D MD, M&D Red, Hero's White, and Stars LB.

I am sorry, what is NEMS ranking? CClax is in the mix too.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares

The people who wanted to know which schools had players coming from top clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where are the top 2028s going for high school--Coppermine, Hero's, M&D, Sky Walkers, etc. Any IAAM schools getting a strong incoming 2028 class?
The public school they are districted for! Not every top player is going into the “entitled” world of IAAM…Make Public School Lacrosse Great Again!

The top players in Maryland are certainly going private. Top players of M&D , Heros and Coppermine have decided. Only know a couple SW going private. It’s not even close the speed of game from public to private. So many bad habits from top players when they play weak team in their leagues.

Agree with this, and while I am sympathetic to the public school group, that was the expectation. Understand that they "have decided", but any insight into where?? Best programs getting stronger? Enough girls head to one school to suggest a tip of the balance in the next couple of years.

Alright, I'll share what I've heard in terms of girls from different teams. If any players are left out, it's not intentional, so please correct what's wrong or add what you know.

SPSG already has Coppermine mid, M&D defender, Skywalkers attack, goalie, and two other players--> they added a Coppermine goalie and defender, M&D mid, Crush mid. All very talented additions.

McDonogh already has M&D mid, Coppermine mid, defender, and attack --> they added M&D mid and attack. Contrary to above posters statement, both are very "worth it"

Maryvale already had Coppermine mid, FCA mid, Crush attack -- > they added 2 Coppermine mids and maybe their goalie and a defender, 2 Heros mids and I think at least one other player, Skywalkers mid, and Crush player. Though future Maryvale parent above was annoying in how he said it, he's not wrong that they appear to have added the most talent to an already very good group.

NDP already has Skywalkers mid, Crush attack, and probably some other players, I did not hear of them adding anyone new

Mercy picked up a number of Crush players. This should be good boost for their team.

Severn already had Coppermine mid, M&D mid, and a number of good MDU players -- > they added an M&D mid and Coppermine attack. This also seems to be a very good class for them.

That's all I got.

I'm sure there are Hero's and MDU girls going to schools in the HoCo, Annapolis, DC area, but someone else will have to fill that in.

Thanks; great analysis.
Where are the top 2028s going for high school--Coppermine, Hero's, M&D, Sky Walkers, etc. Any IAAM schools getting a strong incoming 2028 class?
The public school they are districted for! Not every top player is going into the “entitled” world of IAAM…Make Public School Lacrosse Great Again!

The top players in Maryland are certainly going private. Top players of M&D , Heros and Coppermine have decided. Only know a couple SW going private. It’s not even close the speed of game from public to private. So many bad habits from top players when they play weak team in their leagues.

Agree with this, and while I am sympathetic to the public school group, that was the expectation. Understand that they "have decided", but any insight into where?? Best programs getting stronger? Enough girls head to one school to suggest a tip of the balance in the next couple of years.

Alright, I'll share what I've heard in terms of girls from different teams. If any players are left out, it's not intentional, so please correct what's wrong or add what you know.

SPSG already has Coppermine mid, M&D defender, Skywalkers attack, goalie, and two other players--> they added a Coppermine goalie and defender, M&D mid, Crush mid. All very talented additions.

McDonogh already has M&D mid, Coppermine mid, defender, and attack --> they added M&D mid and attack. Contrary to above posters statement, both are very "worth it"

Maryvale already had Coppermine mid, FCA mid, Crush attack -- > they added 2 Coppermine mids and maybe their goalie and a defender, 2 Heros mids and I think at least one other player, Skywalkers mid, and Crush player. Though future Maryvale parent above was annoying in how he said it, he's not wrong that they appear to have added the most talent to an already very good group.

NDP already has Skywalkers mid, Crush attack, and probably some other players, I did not hear of them adding anyone new

Mercy picked up a number of Crush players. This should be good boost for their team.

Severn already had Coppermine mid, M&D mid, and a number of good MDU players -- > they added an M&D mid and Coppermine attack. This also seems to be a very good class for them.

That's all I got.

I'm sure there are Hero's and MDU girls going to schools in the HoCo, Annapolis, DC area, but someone else will have to fill that in.

This appears to be a pretty informed answer. Thank you!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Power Rankings:
Heros
Coppermine
Crush
M&D
MD United
NEMS
Skywalkers
All others.

Agree that this list is "wrong", but will add some analysis:

--Coppermine is #1 until it is taken from them on the field. Nice victory by Hero's at Mid Atlantic in the Fall. Coppermine won at Spooky Nook. Let's see after the next 2 or 3 meetings.
--Hero's. Look good. Have raised their game and can be considered Tier 1 nationally with Coppermine and Eagle Stix.
--M&D has done enough in the Fall to have the #3 spot.
--Crush is still a good team, but a clear number 4.
--MD United dropped off a bit, but #5 makes sense.
--Sky Walkers had mixed results in the Fall, but remains much better than NEMS.
--NEMS. Not sure why this team is in a post titled "Power Rankings", but they will get a shot to demonstrate why in the NGLL Mid-Atlantic A Bracket.

If this is just Baltimore area, those are the adjustments I would make. If NGLL A for Mid-Atlantic, I would put Pride after MD United, drop NEMS, and consider 3D MD, M&D Red, Hero's White, and Stars LB.

I am sorry, what is NEMS ranking? CClax is in the mix too.

CCLax is much better than NEMS and would be a better team to include in a MD only "Power Rankings" list at 30 in the latest US Club Lax rankings. But probably at the bottom below Sky Walkers. NEMS is 80th...lost to multiple B teams in the Fall and probably doesn't belong in a Power Rankings List.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the NEMS thing is a long running joke. Don’t think it was serious.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone speak to how Hero’s got to Tier 1 status from where they were at this time last year?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone speak to how Hero’s got to Tier 1 status from where they were at this time last year?
Only Heros parents can.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Solid pick ups in the off-season, already good players getting better, playing as a team, great goalies.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a Hero’s parent but Hero’s was showing steady improvement all last season which peaked during last summer’s tournament season. Can’t put my finger on any one thing but they are just playing better and with more confidence from what I have seen. Win over Coppermine in the Fall was a big boost for them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hero’s plays as a TEAM!!! Not one on one selfish lacrosse by 3 different players as we see on another team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They have the best attacks on age group. Period. Heros' will be the new team to beat.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’d also add great coaching.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heros doesn't just have 3 good players. They have a deep team of 16 Great players. You can sub out middie lines or attacks, and the new players are just as good as who they replaced. In addition, Heros is now playing as a TEAM and not as individuals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They have the best attacks on age group. Period. Heros' will be the new team to beat.

Have to disagree with this, not that they're the team to beat, maybe they are and that's fine. But their offensive strength really comes from the midfield. You're clearly a Heros parent so you've seen them play a lot more, but in games I've seen them play, they hardly incorporate their attack.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watching Heros play, their strength appear to be their middies. Not their attack. Their middies are their best attackers and defenders.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s not clear that it is a Hero’s parent at all - sounds more like a baiting troll.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The same person is supporting their own posts again. Its not even subtle. Golly they are great! I think so too! And they are great at this and that! Don't forget they can do this!
At least make it convincing...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most 2028 teams have their mids score the most, if we are being fair.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most 2028 teams have their mids score the most, if we are being fair.

That should be changing, the teams that have the mids working the offense are going to start to fade. ITs not sustainable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watching Heros play, their strength appear to be their middies. Not their attack. Their middies are their best attackers and defenders.

That's true on 95% of teams at this age. Occassionally, you will see a team with a physically dominating attacker, but generally the best athletes are playing midfield

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the lines on this week’s games?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your mom's a long running joke.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the lines on this week’s games?
Rain and more rain!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your mom's a long running joke.

Nems Dad is salty. You know their club is sinking fast. See you at Sw tryouts this summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any updates from todays games??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seems like some great games-

Coppermine 8 Crush 6
Heros 8 Pride 6
M&D 6 SW 5

Anyone with any insights? Weather a factor?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coppermine 8 Crush 6
Heros 8 Pride 6
M&D 6 SW 5

More so than weather...would say officiating was a significant factor for at least 2 of these games from what I heard & saw

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Refs are calling any horizontal extended stick. Record number of free positions I would imagine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coppermine 8 Crush 6
Heros 8 Pride 6
M&D 6 SW 5

Hero's and Pride both played hard, and the game was close until late. It certainly looked like the first game of the season for both teams. Turnovers on bad passes, dropped balls, shots a little off.

Was 5-5 with under 10 mins left and Hero's went on a 3 goal run. Hero's held the ball effectively for a couple of minutes at the end. Game could have swung either direction. If Hero's had finished better on their good dodges, they could have pulled away earlier. If Pride had scored on even a few of their 10 Free Positions from the 8m, they could have won the game, but didn't convert any. Some good goaltending by Hero's.

Interestingly, Pride won the draw control battle pretty handily, while Hero's was more consistent on their clears and ride. Both offenses created chances, and both defenses caused turnovers. Two yellows and lots of fouls on Hero's. Aggressive with the sticks. No yellow's for Pride. Good game, as Hero's vs Pride games have generally been for the last 4 or 5 meetings.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I caught 15 random minutes of the Hero’s-Pride game while hanging around Blandair Park. I could not see and did not know the score. Pride honestly looked like the better team on the field. Obviously, they lost and so were ultimately not the better team, but do not sleep on them this spring.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coppermine 8 Crush 6
Heros 8 Pride 6
M&D 6 SW 5

More so than weather...would say officiating was a significant factor for at least 2 of these games from what I heard & saw

In what aspect? Yellow cards?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coppermine 8 Crush 6
Heros 8 Pride 6
M&D 6 SW 5

In what aspect? Yellow cards?

Yes. But also seeing this in high school as well. Points of emphasis this year are horizontal sticks and any contact to the back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Refs are calling any horizontal extended stick. Record number of free positions I would imagine.

As they should, finally.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As they should, finally.

I agree this should be called more and I also think they need to start calling more offensive charges when girls shove through defenders that are holding their position with their stick in the right position (especially through multiple defenders). Girls needs to learn better ball movement, cutting to goal and off ball movement. Should be a great learning year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NGLL should be playing quarters. The game is no longer about halves at higher levels. They should be playing the game they will have to play in high school and college. It’s a disservice to the girls to be playing halves.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As they should, finally.

I agree this should be called more and I also think they need to start calling more offensive charges when girls shove through defenders that are holding their position with their stick in the right position (especially through multiple defenders). Girls needs to learn better ball movement, cutting to goal and off ball movement. Should be a great learning year.

The officiating is at an all time low. They don’t even know the rules, then hold up a running clock talking to each other because neither of them know what they are doing.

Like Reply Quote
Page 75 of 81 1 2 73 74 75 76 77 80 81
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard