Originally Posted by Anonymous
Where are the top 2028s going for high school--Coppermine, Hero's, M&D, Sky Walkers, etc. Any IAAM schools getting a strong incoming 2028 class?
The public school they are districted for! Not every top player is going into the “entitled” world of IAAM…Make Public School Lacrosse Great Again!

The top players in Maryland are certainly going private. Top players of M&D , Heros and Coppermine have decided. Only know a couple SW going private. It’s not even close the speed of game from public to private. So many bad habits from top players when they play weak team in their leagues.

Agree with this, and while I am sympathetic to the public school group, that was the expectation. Understand that they "have decided", but any insight into where?? Best programs getting stronger? Enough girls head to one school to suggest a tip of the balance in the next couple of years.

Alright, I'll share what I've heard in terms of girls from different teams. If any players are left out, it's not intentional, so please correct what's wrong or add what you know.

SPSG already has Coppermine mid, M&D defender, Skywalkers attack, goalie, and two other players--> they added a Coppermine goalie and defender, M&D mid, Crush mid. All very talented additions.

McDonogh already has M&D mid, Coppermine mid, defender, and attack --> they added M&D mid and attack. Contrary to above posters statement, both are very "worth it"

Maryvale already had Coppermine mid, FCA mid, Crush attack -- > they added 2 Coppermine mids and maybe their goalie and a defender, 2 Heros mids and I think at least one other player, Skywalkers mid, and Crush player. Though future Maryvale parent above was annoying in how he said it, he's not wrong that they appear to have added the most talent to an already very good group.

NDP already has Skywalkers mid, Crush attack, and probably some other players, I did not hear of them adding anyone new

Mercy picked up a number of Crush players. This should be good boost for their team.

Severn already had Coppermine mid, M&D mid, and a number of good MDU players -- > they added an M&D mid and Coppermine attack. This also seems to be a very good class for them.

That's all I got.

I'm sure there are Hero's and MDU girls going to schools in the HoCo, Annapolis, DC area, but someone else will have to fill that in.

Thanks; great analysis.
Where are the top 2028s going for high school--Coppermine, Hero's, M&D, Sky Walkers, etc. Any IAAM schools getting a strong incoming 2028 class?
The public school they are districted for! Not every top player is going into the “entitled” world of IAAM…Make Public School Lacrosse Great Again!

The top players in Maryland are certainly going private. Top players of M&D , Heros and Coppermine have decided. Only know a couple SW going private. It’s not even close the speed of game from public to private. So many bad habits from top players when they play weak team in their leagues.

Agree with this, and while I am sympathetic to the public school group, that was the expectation. Understand that they "have decided", but any insight into where?? Best programs getting stronger? Enough girls head to one school to suggest a tip of the balance in the next couple of years.

Alright, I'll share what I've heard in terms of girls from different teams. If any players are left out, it's not intentional, so please correct what's wrong or add what you know.

SPSG already has Coppermine mid, M&D defender, Skywalkers attack, goalie, and two other players--> they added a Coppermine goalie and defender, M&D mid, Crush mid. All very talented additions.

McDonogh already has M&D mid, Coppermine mid, defender, and attack --> they added M&D mid and attack. Contrary to above posters statement, both are very "worth it"

Maryvale already had Coppermine mid, FCA mid, Crush attack -- > they added 2 Coppermine mids and maybe their goalie and a defender, 2 Heros mids and I think at least one other player, Skywalkers mid, and Crush player. Though future Maryvale parent above was annoying in how he said it, he's not wrong that they appear to have added the most talent to an already very good group.

NDP already has Skywalkers mid, Crush attack, and probably some other players, I did not hear of them adding anyone new

Mercy picked up a number of Crush players. This should be good boost for their team.

Severn already had Coppermine mid, M&D mid, and a number of good MDU players -- > they added an M&D mid and Coppermine attack. This also seems to be a very good class for them.

That's all I got.

I'm sure there are Hero's and MDU girls going to schools in the HoCo, Annapolis, DC area, but someone else will have to fill that in.

This appears to be a pretty informed answer. Thank you!