BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,300
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 245 of 260 1 2 243 244 245 246 247 259 260
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Okay, finally some real results to talk about. Weekend action from NL March Invitational and Spring Thaw. Rankings are US Club Lacrosse FWIW. Results from Tourney Machine:

Hawks 16-0 NXT (68)
Hawks 15-2 Barnstormers (nr)
Hawks 11-4 Freedom (14)

Crabs 16-0 Barnstormers (nr)
Crabs 6-5 Freedom (14)
Crabs 16-1 NJ Express (89)

ML 6-11 Freedom (14)
ML 7-1 NJ Express (89)
ML 8-6 NXT (68)

NL 3-6 DCE (24)
NL 3-9 Red Hots (4)
NL 8-6 Clippers (56)
NL 4-5 FCA (not sure why but nr; if I'm guessing I put them 10-15)
NL 4-10 Leading Edge (3)

FCA 3-5 Leading Edge (3)
FCA 5-4 NL (19)
FCA 8-3 Clippers (56)

91 3-10 Red Hots (4)
91 8-2 NJ Riot (59)
91 3-8 Nationals LC (nr)

Clippers 6-8 NL (19)
Clippers 4-9 Leading Edge (3)
Clippers 3-8 FCA (nr)

DCE 6-3 NL (19)
DCE 4-9 Leading Edge (3)
DCE 2-4 Red Hots (4)
DCE 12-6 Nationals LC (nr)

Observations

--Level of competition was higher at NL March Invitational. Hard to gauge Crabs/ML/Hawks versus some of the teams they played other than Philadelphia Freedom.
--Clippers went 0-3 but overachieved, kept it close versus some good teams.
--NL needs to fix things quickly, 1-4 at their own tournament, still having trouble scoring.
--Expected bigger margin of victory from FCA.
--DCE looking like a top 4 Hoco team at the expense of NL and ML. Early Hoco playoff predictions are (1) Hawks, (2) FCA, (3)/(4) DCE/Crabs.

Usual caveats that the weather was terrible and that teams are still experimenting with schemes and personnel.
FCA getting way too much credit. Barely handled NL, who is a shell of the team they used to be. Haven’t seen them score 5 goals in about a year.
DCE and Crabs should be ahead of them. DCE the big surprise upstart. The Nationals team was no pushover, they blew out Team 91 MD and DCE ram them off the field.
Hawks clearly the leader well out in front of the pack.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was great to get back to lacrosse this weekend, but not a lot of competition among the HoCo teams themselves, so it's hard to draw any conclusions as to who is hot and who is not. But here is my best shot at rankings.

Tier 1 - Hawks

Tier 2 - Crabs, FCA

Tier 3 - DCE

Tier 4 - Next Level

Tier 5 - Madlax, 91, Team Money

Team 91 parent here. I watched DCE dismantle the Nationals LC team before we played the same team. Watch out for DCE. They have talent all over the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay, finally some real results to talk about. Weekend action from NL March Invitational and Spring Thaw. Rankings are US Club Lacrosse FWIW. Results from Tourney Machine:

Hawks 16-0 NXT (68)
Hawks 11-4 Freedom (14)

Crabs 6-5 Freedom (14)

ML 6-11 Freedom (14)
ML 7-1 NJ Express (89)
ML 8-6 NXT (68)

NL 3-6 DCE (24)
NL 3-9 Red Hots (4)
NL 8-6 Clippers (56)
NL 4-10 Leading Edge (3)

FCA 3-5 Leading Edge (3)
FCA 5-4 NL (19)
FCA 8-3 Clippers (56)

91 3-10 Red Hots (4)
91 8-2 NJ Riot (59)
91 3-8 Nationals LC (nr)

Clippers 6-8 NL (19)
Clippers 3-8 FCA (nr)

DCE 6-3 NL (19)
DCE 4-9 Leading Edge (3)
DCE 2-4 Red Hots (4)

Observations

--Level of competition was higher at NL March Invitational. Hard to gauge Crabs/ML/Hawks versus some of the teams they played other than Philadelphia Freedom.
--NL needs to fix things quickly, 1-4 at their own tournament, still having trouble scoring.
--DCE looking like a top 4 Hoco team at the expense of NL and ML. Early Hoco playoff predictions are (1) Hawks, (2) FCA, (3)/(4) DCE/Crabs.

Usual caveats that the weather was terrible and that teams are still experimenting with schemes and personnel.

I think for HOCO, DCE will a team to watch. With a close score of 2-4 against Red Hots National. Still think Hawks will win it, but the game to watch will be FCA vs DCE.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA looked good, but DCE was decidedly better and more athletic. NL probably should have beat FCA. Went into OT but could have gone either way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The BOTC faithful are going to set CM into a tailspin with this talk re DCE.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA looked good, but DCE was decidedly better and more athletic. NL probably should have beat FCA. Went into OT but could have gone either way.

How did you see both or are you just making it up?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A few thoughts, Freedom has not practiced before this weekend, they play town until about now. Don’t read too much into their scores.

I’m guessing the DCE parents on here are the former MadLax parents. Have done nothing of note and are pounding their chests.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A few thoughts, Freedom has not practiced before this weekend, they play town until about now. Don’t read too much into their scores.

I’m guessing the DCE parents on here are the former MadLax parents. Have done nothing of note and are pounding their chests.

Yeah it’s the little goalie dad. He’s the ring leader.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well there’s an airbag full of excuses… nobody has practiced much. It’s early March. None of these teams have played since November.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well there’s an airbag full of excuses… nobody has practiced much. It’s early March. None of these teams have played since November.
How did 91 look? Apparently didn't add much talent from the scores.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thought they looked ok but played way up in competition w RH and Nationals. Both very good Circuit teams. RH is just loaded. A. It silly really, for them to be playing in a local shoring warmup tourney with their kids from all over

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thought they looked ok but played way up in competition w RH and Nationals. Both very good Circuit teams. RH is just loaded. A. It silly really, for them to be playing in a local shoring warmup tourney with their kids from all over

Yeah Red Hots are a good team, very strong D and good goalies, hard to score against. FWIW 91 didn't do any worse against them than NL did.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah Red Hots are a good team, very strong D and good goalies, hard to score against. FWIW 91 didn't do any worse against them than NL did.

I was impressed the DCE kept Red Hots to 2-4.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NL parent here. I know most of the kids on ML and DCE and am also familiar with the ongoing feuds with CM. All I can say is the DCE team is deep. I wasn't keeping tabs on every player, but in our game they had kids rolling in and out of every positions and quick mid line adjustments between offense and defense. They are just very solid at all phases of the game.

I know the ML parents will cry, but we've bested them the last couple of years. It's pretty clear to me -- regardless of how you feel about ML or any other team for that matter -- that DCE picked up some very skilled players from ML and elsewhere (?) because they are a strong team at a pretty early point in the season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

RH are universally disliked for the model— aggregate the best 25 kids they can find and play against local teams.

That said, it’s an Instagram machine and the boys love seeing themselves online. The team is loaded with single and double holdbacks, and whether you agree with that or not, the team is a well oiled machine. Would love to have seen DCE knock them off.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NL parent here. I know most of the kids on ML and DCE and am also familiar with the ongoing feuds with CM. All I can say is the DCE team is deep. I wasn't keeping tabs on every player, but in our game they had kids rolling in and out of every positions and quick mid line adjustments between offense and defense. They are just very solid at all phases of the game.

I know the ML parents will cry, but we've bested them the last couple of years. It's pretty clear to me -- regardless of how you feel about ML or any other team for that matter -- that DCE picked up some very skilled players from ML and elsewhere (?) because they are a strong team at a pretty early point in the season.
Your sensible and non partisan observations are not welcome here. This board is reserved for vitriol and name calling. Scram.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ML report. I saw them play Freedom last weekend. Talent wise I think they are as good as any team in the DMV (I would say Crabs and Hawks are better as is usually the case with Baltimore teams) the Xfactor is coaching - sloppy box management and relentless yelling by the coach cost that team at least four points. At one point during the game (and possibly more (I wasn’t watching that closely) ml had a short stick and a long stick stuck in the box for at least 20 seconds which created a double man down situation. Adding to that chaos the coach was constantly directing the players which was distracting at best.

On the plus side most of the players were good sized, quick with excellent stick skills. Long poles and midfielders were more than competent. The goalie was directing the defense and made some good saves (although I thought he had some problems with low shots- again I didn’t see enough to make a realy informed judgement) there was talk on the sideline about a strong attack I thought they were good but shooting needs work. But easily fixable. Also one of thier attack turned the ball over several times (probably new to the team and just needs to get comfortable)

All in all, a team with potential I’m looking forward to watching my son play them this weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ML report. I saw them play Freedom last weekend. Talent wise I think they are as good as any team in the DMV (I would say Crabs and Hawks are better as is usually the case with Baltimore teams) the Xfactor is coaching - sloppy box management and relentless yelling by the coach cost that team at least four points. At one point during the game (and possibly more (I wasn’t watching that closely) ml had a short stick and a long stick stuck in the box for at least 20 seconds which created a double man down situation. Adding to that chaos the coach was constantly directing the players which was distracting at best.

On the plus side most of the players were good sized, quick with excellent stick skills. Long poles and midfielders were more than competent. The goalie was directing the defense and made some good saves (although I thought he had some problems with low shots- again I didn’t see enough to make a realy informed judgement) there was talk on the sideline about a strong attack I thought they were good but shooting needs work. But easily fixable. Also one of thier attack turned the ball over several times (probably new to the team and just needs to get comfortable)

All in all, a team with potential I’m looking forward to watching my son play them this weekend.

nice informative post

What/where are the events this weekend for the local 2028 teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard that the program owner stepped aside from coaching the 2028 team to avoid those kind of issues. Is he back, or is the new coach working off the old playbook?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Freedom and crabs played a few weeks ago in Philadelphia.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Freedom and crabs played a few weeks ago in Philadelphia.

Who won that game?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

nice informative post

Bmore Bloom at Troy Park:

Hawks play Leading Edge and Chain Bridge All Stars

Crabs play Madlax, Chain Bridge All Stars, and Leading Edge

Leading Edge plays Chain Bridge, Hawks, and Madlax

Nobody seems to know who Chain Bridge is… but they’re running into a buzz saw

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

nice informative post

Chain Bridge Road is in McLean so from teams not there I would speculate NOVA kids on DCE and NL, but those also seem to be pretty vocal parents so I'm sure they'll let us know if that's right or not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks 16-0 NXT (68)
Hawks 11-4 Freedom (14)

Crabs 6-5 Freedom (14)

ML 6-11 Freedom (14)
ML 7-1 NJ Express (89)
ML 8-6 NXT (68)

NL 3-6 DCE (24)
NL 3-9 Red Hots (4)
NL 8-6 Clippers (56)
NL 4-10 Leading Edge (3)

FCA 3-5 Leading Edge (3)
FCA 5-4 NL (19)
FCA 8-3 Clippers (56)

91 3-10 Red Hots (4)
91 8-2 NJ Riot (59)
91 3-8 Nationals LC (nr)

Clippers 6-8 NL (19)
Clippers 3-8 FCA (nr)

DCE 6-3 NL (19)
DCE 4-9 Leading Edge (3)
DCE 2-4 Red Hots (4)

Observations

FCA getting way too much credit. Barely handled NL, who is a shell of the team they used to be. Haven’t seen them score 5 goals in about a year.
DCE and Crabs should be ahead of them. DCE the big surprise upstart. The Nationals team was no pushover, they blew out Team 91 MD and DCE ram them off the field.
Hawks clearly the leader well out in front of the pack.

Per usual, crabs added several holdbacks this year, but only look marginally better with slight improvements in the middle and defensive sides of the field. FCA and hawks will yet again have their way with them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

nice informative post

Chain Bridge Road is in McLean so from teams not there I would speculate NOVA kids on DCE and NL, but those also seem to be pretty vocal parents so I'm sure they'll let us know if that's right or not.
oh you better believe it!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Per usual, crabs added several holdbacks this year, but only look marginally better with slight improvements in the middle and defensive sides of the field. FCA and hawks will yet again have their way with them.
Wait, are you saying that age in and off itself isn't an absolute determiner of skill and ability? Say it ain't so.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wait, are you saying that age in and off itself isn't an absolute determiner of skill and ability? Say it ain't so.

They just need to add more holdbacks or double holdbacks!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

nice informative post

My memory of this team name is from McLean box lacrosse in years past and as I recall it was mostly MadLax helmets. Maybe this is a different group.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

nice informative post

My memory of this team name is from McLean box lacrosse in years past and as I recall it was mostly MadLax helmets. Maybe this is a different group.

Like he said, DCE and NL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

nice informative post

Like he said, DCE and NL.

If they are DCE and NL, then Chain Bridge All Stars will be fine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hmmm all 4 teams playing eachother except…

Madlax not playing Hawks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks are probably ducking Madlax… frightened by the 33 man roster full of flyins

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax is playing 2 games -

Madlax is playing 2 games - Crabs and Leading Edge. Crabs and Hawks are each also only play 2 games (both play Chain Bridge All Stars and Hawks plays Leading Edge while Crabs play Madlax). The only teams playing 3 games are LE and CBAS. Stop making up narratives.

Thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax is playing 2 games -

Madlax is playing 2 games - Crabs and Leading Edge. Crabs and Hawks are each also only play 2 games (both play Chain Bridge All Stars and Hawks plays Leading Edge while Crabs play Madlax). The only teams playing 3 games are LE and CBAS. Stop making up narratives.

Thanks

So Madlax is not playing Chain Bridge All Stars and Hawks? I am sure there is a reason why Madlax chose not to play either.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The narrative isn’t being made up it already exists and the only way to change the narrative is to do something different.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good question. Why are all the teams playing 3 games except ML? How was that explained away to the parents?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good question. Why are all the teams playing 3 games except ML? How was that explained away to the parents?

PP said Crabs is only playing 2 games. But they are scrimmaging Leading Edge on Saturday at BL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You ML haters are just embarrassing yourselves now. You don’t even basic due diligence before spewing. Check the schedule.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You ML haters are just embarrassing yourselves now. You don’t even basic due diligence before spewing. Check the schedule.

ML is the Club many want to be on. Once little Johnny cant make the team , the vitriol comes out due to jealously and envy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry Goalie Dad.

Like Reply Quote
Page 245 of 260 1 2 243 244 245 246 247 259 260
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard